Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW: Lexus is not in big league yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-05, 07:05 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey AmethySC, I have also found this comment of Doug's

I have to agree with AmethySC that I find that comment old and tiring too. Keep in mind that Lexus as a brand has been around for less than 15 years. BMW has been around for how long? 100 years? Imagine what Lexus will be like in another 10 years (much less 100 years)considering how far it has come in the last 15 years. Mind boggling to say the least!

Toyota/Lexus have always been very competitive and regardless of how you see them as in "selling more SUV's than cars" does not make them "less" of a car maker than BMW. In your mind it does right? I don't get that part Doug............

No offense to you Doug, I respect your opinions and I know I would have bought a 540i two years ago if the reliability records had been better (at least going by Consumer Reports and J.D. Power reports). I know your personal experience with Bimmers and Lexus has been an exception to the norm. Your Bimmer was very reliable unlike your Lexus.
Hameed you sly dog, you posted my comment from this thread.

Yes, Lexus has done remarkably well for only 15 years - but jeez man, they do have Toyota behind them after all (don't take this as a slam, but as a fact that they are not just a 15 year old company).

Hameed, my points in this post have been clear. I suggest you re-read them.

flipside909, please tell me you were not referring to me as a troll - I've been on this board since the day after I got my GS430 (12/1/02) and I happen to own another Lexus (a RX300 - yea one of those trucks . I'm far from a troll. As a "CL Editor in training" I would expect more out of you.

Guys, this is about to get personal - so once again, I'll point you back to the AmethySC comment "I don't really have more to add"
Old 03-13-05, 07:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
flipside909, please tell me you were not referring to me as a troll
Not at all. I've been here for a while myself, I know who the trolls are and those who aren't. Should have seperated that statement. But generally referring to those who just signed up in the last few months.
Old 03-13-05, 07:10 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Not at all. I've been here for a while myself, I know who the trolls are and those who aren't. Should have seperated that statement. But generally referring to those who just signed up in the last few months.
Cool - thanks
Doug
Old 03-13-05, 07:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Guys, this is about to get personal - so once again, I'll point you back to the AmethySC comment "I don't really have more to add"
Hey Doug, nobody wants this to get personal, & I didn't have anything to add until I saw your question :
I don't understand your point above. Are you saying that Toyota makes some cars that should be considered luxury cars . . .
& as a result it drags on. We'll find something else to talk about