Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Worst dealership experience ever...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 11:03 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ktiger
A couple of weeks later I drove up in my 2001 M5 and asked for this guy. You should have seen the look on his face. By the way I still didn't test drive the H2.

To be honest with you all, there are not many vehicles out there that I can't afford but I refuse to have to dress a certain way or drive up in a particular type of car just to assure sales people that I can afford what they are selling.
This one is for you ktiger. Too bad you didn't have a camera ready. You didnt' ask him if he knows that an M5 is at least $80k? ..........idiotic & arrogant salesman
Old 03-14-05, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

The worst I've experience believe it or not was with a Caddy/Hummer dealership in south Louisiana. I was on my way home from my daughters softball game when I saw an H2 on the lot and decided that I was going to look at it, maybe even take a test drive. So I pulled up in my 2000 maxima and asked one of the salesmen, whom I had to go find, if he could open up the vehicle. The guy took about 15 minutes to go get the keys, I guess he was hoping that I would just leave. After he got to the vehicle he began to talk to me as if I couldn't afford an H2 (this is when they were hot/ 3 months after they hit the showroom floors). This guy had the nerves to ask me, "you do realize that the H2 is almost $60,000?". I politely stepped out of the vehicle and drove off. A couple of weeks later I drove up in my 2001 M5 and asked for this guy. You should have seen the look on his face. By the way I still didn't test drive the H2.

To be honest with you all, there are not many vehicles out there that I can't afford but I refuse to have to dress a certain way or drive up in a particular type of car just to assure sales people that I can afford what they are selling.
youare my idle that's the best way to teach some people lessons
Old 03-14-05, 01:39 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
damn that's nice man. so you have to ship the whole car there for the tuning, you can't get the parts and put it in yourself?

and i don't doubt the performance of the sl55
\
RENNtech has informed me that there is a shop here in Sacramento that they recommend to install the upgrades. The upgrades include a new ECU unit, a larger not smaller crankshaft pulley, stainless steel headers, carbon fiber air box and a larger throttle body. The horsepower increase is 120 HP to 613, torque increase of 110 to 626 ft lbs., faster throttle response, higher RPM's and increased top end speed.

The only disappointment is that I cannot buy my book of prepaid speeding tickets anywhere.
Old 03-14-05, 01:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lkirchner
\
RENNtech has informed me that there is a shop here in Sacramento that they recommend to install the upgrades. The upgrades include a new ECU unit, a larger not smaller crankshaft pulley, stainless steel headers, carbon fiber air box and a larger throttle body. The horsepower increase is 120 HP to 613, torque increase of 110 to 626 ft lbs., faster throttle response, higher RPM's and increased top end speed.

The only disappointment is that I cannot buy my book of prepaid speeding tickets anywhere.
geee..... that's going to be nice!!! congrats. and a shop in sacro, that's close to you too! nice! the hp numbres are just amazing, that almost like put you together with teh sl600 or sl65 but with lighter weight i suppose?

awesome man, can i ride in your car once?
Old 03-14-05, 02:03 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

geee..... that's going to be nice!!! congrats. and a shop in sacro, that's close to you too! nice! the hp numbres are just amazing, that almost like put you together with teh sl600 or sl65 but with lighter weight i suppose?

awesome man, can i ride in your car once?

My friend, you may certainly ride in my car.
Old 03-14-05, 02:05 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
This one is for you ktiger. Too bad you didn't have a camera ready. You didnt' ask him if he knows that an M5 is at least $80k? ..........idiotic & arrogant salesman
youare my idle that's the best way to teach some people lessons
I actually felt bad after the second visit. It's just not in me to do something like that but I guess that guy really rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 03-14-05, 04:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lkirchner
My friend, you may certainly ride in my car.
yay! seriously, i will drive all the way up to sacro to sit in the car! get the renntech in soon
Old 03-14-05, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

I actually felt bad after the second visit. It's just not in me to do something like that but I guess that guy really rubbed me the wrong way.
i wonder what did you do when you rolled in the 2nd time? i guess you didn't jus tell him to come and then say bye right?
Old 03-14-05, 05:23 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

i wonder what did you do when you rolled in the 2nd time? i guess you didn't jus tell him to come and then say bye right?
Actually when I pulled up the second time, I asked another salesman if this guy was working today and if so could he please give him a call. When the guy came over to the car I stepped out and he had one of those, "No, it isn't!" looks on his face. I handed him the orginal sticker that came with the car along with the title. His face went blank and he was speechless. Then I asked if he would like to show me the H2 again. I took my articles back, hopped in my car and drove off.

I'm not really proud of what I done but that's what happened.
Old 03-14-05, 08:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Actually when I pulled up the second time, I asked another salesman if this guy was working today and if so could he please give him a call. When the guy came over to the car I stepped out and he had one of those, "No, it isn't!" looks on his face. I handed him the orginal sticker that came with the car along with the title. His face went blank and he was speechless. Then I asked if he would like to show me the H2 again. I took my articles back, hopped in my car and drove off.

I'm not really proud of what I done but that's what happened.
oh man..... ok, now that's very mean of you... i agree, might not be the best thing (indeed pretty mean), but i guess it's a lesson that he should learn
Old 03-15-05, 09:08 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

No need to feel bad ktiger. You're not the bad guy here. Are we forgetting it was his narrow-minded attitude to begin with? If you didn't do it, he would've continued to be an **** to other buyers anyway and this would carry over with him to be a decent human being.

What you did probably saved his job anyway, allowing him another chance to treat future buyers with respect and to not judge people by their outside image. This would a slap in the hopefully to also be a role model for his (future) children......................."You see son, you should not judge people by what they wear. Like what happened to me today at work........"