Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Finally, after over 1 year of searching, and pics of new toy!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 05:06 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one missing something here???

You talk about a long awaited exhaust that you drove 25 hours for, and buffered for another 5 hours, just to end up whoring pix of a $250,000 car that I am not sure is even street legal

You went from a 98 GS to a brand new Ferrari??

I'm certainly not hating, just totally confused.........
Old 03-10-05, 05:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow damn.... congrats mike, that's a damn nice car you got there!!!! i can't believe you still care about the gs4, i would just drool over the ferrari every day

anyway, glad you got your exhaust. sorry the one we talked about didn't work out, guess the wiat has been way too long... but at leat you got what you want not, that's what count!

and the red 360 with the kits, that's nice!!! but i wonder how much the kits are.... i would say about 10k... damn must be a lot of money
Old 03-10-05, 05:28 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

One word WOW
Old 03-10-05, 05:39 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1. I was lost as well but if that is your new ride! The 360 Modena is amazing!! Congrats.
2.Nitekids, do you own a Ferrari? I think u own a modded 240SX right? So please save your suggestions. The guy just got a new Ferrari I bet 99% here don't have.
3. We always give congrats, no matter what kind of car it is.

Yeah, as Dave said, BRING IT TO THE DRAGON!!!
Sick-

Couldn't have said it better. Nice ride dude-

and number two really sums it all up-

Doug
Old 03-10-05, 06:54 PM
lex400pshR
Driver

Originally Posted by Nitekids
A kit has NOTHING to do with USDM car, or JDM or whatever. And it's NOT low as it is. You must be one of those guys that complains about it's hard to drive anywhere w/ a .9 inch drop.
Buddy, do U know how low a ferrari is stock? Once U drop a kit + lower, its going to be very hard to drive it.... U got this car that looks sick and drives fast and sounds sick, U don't want to curb the spoilers when going into a plaza or when the road dips hit your front bumper and crack it.....

Its not a 240SX or a toyota, most people who buy this car are old farts and they keep it stock!

I know because my buddy has 12 cars and is rich as F****ed! (Diamond Import/Exporter)
He's got Bentley GT(2nd in Canada), Ferrari 360Modena, New Gallardo, Aston Martin Vanquish...745 on 22's, SL55, Porsche 911TT etc... its just goes on and on.... So I am in these cars regularly and So i'm no newbie when it comes to this stuff!

I just wish I can own these some day......
Old 03-10-05, 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lex400pshR
Buddy, do U know how low a ferrari is stock? Once U drop a kit + lower, its going to be very hard to drive it.... U got this car that looks sick and drives fast and sounds sick, U don't want to curb the spoilers when going into a plaza or when the road dips hit your front bumper and crack it.....

Its not a 240SX or a toyota, most people who buy this car are old farts and they keep it stock!

I know because my buddy has 12 cars and is rich as F****ed! (Diamond Import/Exporter)
He's got Bentley GT(2nd in Canada), Ferrari 360Modena, New Gallardo, Aston Martin Vanquish...745 on 22's, SL55, Porsche 911TT etc... its just goes on and on.... So I am in these cars regularly and So i'm no newbie when it comes to this stuff!

I just wish I can own these some day......
you never know man, sometimes things happen and one night you have everything
Old 03-10-05, 11:37 PM
Nitekids
Rookie

What I do or do not drive does not mean I can't give my opinion about something. A standard 360 is a bit to plain to me. It's definetly a nice car from factory but there are very few cars that you could call perfect from factory.

You would be lying if you said the one I posted didn't look way better then a factory one. Is a practical? Prolly not. Does it stand out and look way better then a standard one you see in ads and drivivng one. Heck yeah.

Many of you people have no sense of imagination. If this car was labled anything other then Ferrari then you would be fine w/ someones own vision of the car which does not stray very far from stock as far as the appeance but simply accently the stocklines in a more agressive fassion.

Last edited by Nitekids; 03-10-05 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-11-05, 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

What I do or do not drive does not mean I can't give my opinion about something. A standard 360 is a bit to plain to me. It's definetly a nice car from factory but there are very few cars that you could call perfect from factory.

You would be lying if you said the one I posted didn't look way better then a factory one. Is a practical? Prolly not. Does it stand out and look way better then a standard one you see in ads and drivivng one. Heck yeah.

Many of you people have no sense of imagination. If this car was labled anything other then Ferrari then you would be fine w/ someones own vision of the car which does not stray very far from stock as far as the appeance but simply accently the stocklines in a more agressive fassion.
very funny, i don't recall anyone who says the car you posted wans't nice. i think they all just said that the car isn't practical, that the drop makes the car so close to gnd for driving. read carefully i say. at least that's the impression i got

to be honest, what makes you able to just people on their immagination? who are you to judge them? i am just curious. if by immgination you are talking the way bangle imagine the auto industry in lighting yrs, be my guest... i'd rathe stick with something clsoer to reality, yet able to put some nice touches on the cars
Old 03-11-05, 02:46 AM
Samchu329
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
One word WOW
I 2nd that
Old 03-11-05, 04:31 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

definately a big congrats to you , its a great looking machine. love the color and wheels. and you look very "comfy" in it but this is the wrong forum to post pics on your new toy..car chat is better suited...now how about a pic of that new exhaust you were looking for over a year
Old 03-11-05, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

ok i guess it's time to move this thread to a forum with even more exposure -- car chat
Old 03-11-05, 10:03 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Solid ride! Shoots, I could care less about it's ride height!?!
Old 03-11-05, 10:52 AM
1984911Tar
Driver School Candidate

Default I smell something Fishy!

Okay,

Whats the real story on this?

Michael
Old 03-11-05, 10:52 AM
LexFather

Maybe I have to spell it out for you. L E T I T R E S T . I have many a "Forza" magazine in the house. I've HAD Ferraris at my shows. I didn't tell those guys "hey, where are the rims" or "man you should get a Tuba exhuast or Hamman kit.
1. Its a Ferrari, you DON"T need to change a thing.
2. Some purists INSIST on not changing a thing.
3. Ferrari aftermarket ownsz you. You can't go to a junkyard and buy a Ferrari part like you probably did when you hooked up your ride. Ferrari aftermarket ownsz us, the prices for those items makes Tein Coilovers look like a bargain.
4. Ferrari, pininfarina styling. That is part of the reason the car costs so much. The body is styled by this world famous styling house. And unlike many other cars, they DON'T need kits. The cars look finished. As a matter of fact, they probably would be pissed if you added things to the styling.
5. When YOU POST PICS OF YOU CAR, we have said "great car" all 20 of your thread with pics of your car. We did not say
A. You should have modded a SC 300
B. You should have gotten this kit (and posted pics of your kit)
C. Why didn't you do this? (and posted a pic of ANOTHER modded 240SX)
6. You couldnt' even follow SIGNATURE guidelines. It took 10 of us moderators to get you to change your sig. But you can link Ferrari kit pics.
7. Here is us giving yo props, including me
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=nitekids

So CONGRATULATE, don't HATE and take that negativity elsewhere.

Old 03-11-05, 11:23 AM
Koma

I think everything just got a bit off topic.... perhaps?
So.... what happened to the topic of your post? I want to see the GS... or are you keeping it underwraps until everything is polished.

Quick Reply: Finally, after over 1 year of searching, and pics of new toy!!!!!!!