Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cl member indio FOUND MY WRECKED GS ON AUTOTRADER!!!!(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 12:10 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I bet it sucks to see your baby being sold off. It sold for a very high price. I bet the buyer was not told it was salvaged for that price. Do the brake rotors look extremely small to anyone else?
Old 03-14-05, 12:10 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Angry

Run the vin through CarFax and see if a salvadged title comes up. If not, then let all h*ll break loose!
Old 03-14-05, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for 19k i don't think the car has salvage title on it, at least to the new owner. or unless the new owner is a complete idiot to pay that priec for a salvaged car.

something bad is going on in the middle i say
Old 03-14-05, 12:29 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, isn't this illigal?
I would sure be pissed if I found out what happened to the car I just bought.
Old 03-14-05, 12:30 PM
web777
Driver School Candidate

Just ran a Carfax on it and it does say it's salvaged . How in the hell did they get that much money for it??

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1998 LEXUS GS 400 (JT8BH68X0W0001470). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1998 LEXUS GS 400 (JT8BH68X0W0001470) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had 3 owners and was owned in Georgia. It was originally registered as a lease vehicle. The leasing company actually owned this vehicle and collected payments from the individual leasing it until the vehicle was sold or the lease expired.
It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage title by a Georgia DMV.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 11/06/2002, was 89,284 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its original manufacturer warranty was voided after it was severely damaged.
Old 03-14-05, 12:33 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by rominl
for 19k i don't think the car has salvage title on it, at least to the new owner. or unless the new owner is a complete idiot to pay that priec for a salvaged car.

something bad is going on in the middle i say
HAHAHAHA....I was that complete idiot once, before I started in the car business. I was so young and innocent then. I bought a Miata from a private party and he never disclosed it to me that it was a salvadged title. I didnt figure it out until it was too late. I lost so much money on that piece of junk, about $8,000.
Old 03-14-05, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Tryk Racing
What are we having problems understanding here? Someone bought the car wrecked as a salvage title(not sure the exact word for it) from the insurance company. Then fixed it and resold it?? It happens all the time up here.
if it's salvage, you think it can still go for that much money?
Old 03-14-05, 12:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by web777
Just ran a Carfax on it and it does say it's salvaged . How in the hell did they get that much money for it??

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1998 LEXUS GS 400 (JT8BH68X0W0001470). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1998 LEXUS GS 400 (JT8BH68X0W0001470) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had 3 owners and was owned in Georgia. It was originally registered as a lease vehicle. The leasing company actually owned this vehicle and collected payments from the individual leasing it until the vehicle was sold or the lease expired.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 11/06/2002, was 89,284 miles.

Thank you so much web777, can u e-mail me the car fax. seloc1@gmail.com

And when I wrecked it, the mileage was 117k!!! NOT 89K!!!!

They rolled back the mileage as well!!!!

Old 03-14-05, 12:35 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

You should have been given the first option to buy it back when settling with the insurace company...$$$ in your hand and still have the car for a few hundred $.

I did this when my daughter totaled her (err my) 95 Prelude Si. Just asked if I could keep it. They sold it back to me for a couple hundred...took it off the insurance payoff to me. Simple as that. Had to wait for the new salvaged title.

Always keep your totalled car...you don't have to give it to the insurance company.
Old 03-14-05, 12:52 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

It says it was 89k miles in 2002. Strange there were no mileage recordings for such a long time. I don't have the whole report in front of me, but from that, it doesn't look like it was rolled back.
Old 03-14-05, 12:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by PhantomZX
It says it was 89k miles in 2002. Strange there were no mileage recordings for such a long time. I don't have the whole report in front of me, but from that, it doesn't look like it was rolled back.
Your right, so it wasn't rolled back I guess. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 03-14-05, 01:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by web777

CARFAX Talking CarTM
umm..... so i guess it's sold under a salvage title for that much money? man, i will sell my car to that new owner for 20k
Old 03-14-05, 01:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
HAHAHAHA....I was that complete idiot once, before I started in the car business. I was so young and innocent then. I bought a Miata from a private party and he never disclosed it to me that it was a salvadged title. I didnt figure it out until it was too late. I lost so much money on that piece of junk, about $8,000.
sorry to hear that... i guess that's why you got into the car business...
Old 03-14-05, 01:12 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Mike this appears to be one of those car lots for people with bad credit and no knowledge of the car business, the ad disclosed no price only x amount down and x amount every month for the rest of your life, there's one born every minute and always someone waitng to take full advantage.
Old 03-14-05, 01:19 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Indio
Mike this appears to be one of those car lots for people with bad credit and no knowledge of the car business, the ad disclosed no price only x amount down and x amount every month for the rest of your life, there's one born every minute and always someone waitng to take full advantage.

That's the truth every day their somone out their who needs to open their a little more I say But now you know it's out their on the road again without you behind the wheel At least you can get a good laugh at the new sucker who just bought your ride for 19k

Quick Reply: Cl member indio FOUND MY WRECKED GS ON AUTOTRADER!!!!(pics)