Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cl member indio FOUND MY WRECKED GS ON AUTOTRADER!!!!(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 01:28 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

WHOA! Thats not cool at all man. Hopefully you will find out who they sold it to and let them know its been in an accident if they dont know that already. Thats just disgusting, one of the main reasons why I didnt like being in the dealership business. Full of lies and shadiness.

Man I had no idea you got into an accident with that car. I was under the impression you just sold it.
Old 03-14-05, 01:42 PM
liquidsilver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the CL sticker is still on the car, I just hope that the new owner visits this club and sees his cars wrecked pics.
Old 03-14-05, 01:49 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidsilver
Since the CL sticker is still on the car, I just hope that the new owner visits this club and sees his cars wrecked pics.

ouch....major ownage and the customer is the ultimate loser
Old 03-14-05, 02:17 PM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

shops always buy wrecks and rebuild them,,alot dont have salvage titles because some people dont have two way insurance and end up selling the wreck as to get some money bak. alot of states dont have salvage titles and if insurance dont pay out for the wreck or if u dont file a claim , then it wont get listed with car fax and title wont be filed as a salvage, its a common practice to buy wrecks and rebuild them. especially recovered theft cars are ez to reconstruct.
Old 03-14-05, 02:27 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

I think it's time you made a run to auto world
Old 03-14-05, 02:31 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Ugh. That sucks. The loser on the deal is the buyer of the car. But it is common for some bodyshops that are sometimes also used car lots to refurbish the car and make money off of them. It's very profitable sorry to say.
Old 03-14-05, 03:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That scares me when I see things like that because I am in the market for a used GS and would hate to pay all that money for a car that is supposed to be very reliable and it start having major problems. I would do everything I could to get in contact with the owner and expose the dealer if he did not inform or covered up what happend. You may be able to call the dealership and ask if that car was in any accidents and if they sell cars with salvaged titles and act interested in buying it from the owner at a high price but I don't know if they would give you his information. The price paid seemed very high even for a non-wrecked 98 GS. If I knew it was involved in a major accident like that I would not pay over $10,500 for it so I would assume the buyer was not informed. You would probrably need to put it on a lift to tell if there was anything replaced because it looks pretty clean from the pictures. I could write all day of all the scams of shady dealers and mechanics that I have heard of or happend to me. Hope it is exposed so there is consequences for doing business like that and hopefully someone honest takes his place. At least you were not seriously injured from that accident.
Old 03-14-05, 03:59 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn

that is too crazy

i feel for the buyer but i guess they knew what they were getting into

how crazy is that

out of nowhere your car resurfaces
Old 03-14-05, 04:03 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

If the buyer knew what he was doing, he could have easily found out about the salvage title and mileage. I don't feel SO bad since the problem could have been avoided by being diligent. Spending the $25 for carfax could have saved this person thousands. But yes, it still sucks that a person got screwed
Old 03-14-05, 04:06 PM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow, that's just wrong
What kind of trouble can this shady dealer be in IF/since he didn't disclose the salvage title???
At least sick is trying to find that poor buyer right now to let him know, and that is some MAJOR damages there
Old 03-14-05, 04:11 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if you want a GS400 for a $99.00 down this is the only way to go even know the buyer knows it's a salvage. This is one of those buy here pay here used cars lot. The new owner will have all kind of the front end problem and noises.

I'm sure I will see this car one day with a lot complaints from the new owner. I've seen a lot of salvage titel cars and those owners take the car to every freaking shop around the block and nobody wants to look at it or try to fix it. Guess what, we do the same when we smell " Problems".

Last week I check out the 98 ES with 131K and the owner paid $6,000 for that POS. I mean the only thing the hold this car together is Bondo and the carpet. I refuse to test drive the car..that's all I can say.

Well, Mike, all I can say is Good luck to the new owner.
Old 03-14-05, 04:49 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey 1sick i would first try to contact the new owner then i would contact the dmv maybe ?? but this situation just isnt right by any means !!!
Old 03-14-05, 08:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
Well, if you want a GS400 for a $99.00 down this is the only way to go even know the buyer knows it's a salvage. This is one of those buy here pay here used cars lot. The new owner will have all kind of the front end problem and noises.

I'm sure I will see this car one day with a lot complaints from the new owner. I've seen a lot of salvage titel cars and those owners take the car to every freaking shop around the block and nobody wants to look at it or try to fix it. Guess what, we do the same when we smell " Problems".

Last week I check out the 98 ES with 131K and the owner paid $6,000 for that POS. I mean the only thing the hold this car together is Bondo and the carpet. I refuse to test drive the car..that's all I can say.

Well, Mike, all I can say is Good luck to the new owner.
so you guys can reject customers?
Old 03-14-05, 08:42 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I doubt the new owner will be on CL. He didn't even know to run a carfax? Poor bastard...
Old 03-15-05, 10:19 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmgs400
You should have been given the first option to buy it back when settling with the insurace company...$$$ in your hand and still have the car for a few hundred $.

I did this when my daughter totaled her (err my) 95 Prelude Si. Just asked if I could keep it. They sold it back to me for a couple hundred...took it off the insurance payoff to me. Simple as that. Had to wait for the new salvaged title.

Always keep your totalled car...you don't have to give it to the insurance company.
That's what I am thinking too. The insurance co is suppose to compensate you for your loss, but it is still your property though worth less. Seems silly to me they make you are paying for something that already belongs to you.

Quick Reply: Cl member indio FOUND MY WRECKED GS ON AUTOTRADER!!!!(pics)