Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Limited NSX-R GT!! JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-05, 09:56 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesn't make sense to me...500k for a nsx?

i'd take the Z-tuned r34 over that ANYDAY for a mere 166k

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101385

rumored running 10.06 1/4mile
Old 03-17-05, 05:02 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
You would think after 15 years they would do a whole redesign.
Possibly. But only now are other cars truly surpassing it. It still hold its own in most performance categories with the best in the world. I agree. I want a new model NSX to come out, but for them to have designed this car the way they did and have it remain competitive for as long as it has is a tribute to Honda engineering and design. Now, bring on the new NSX. Something in the neighborhood of 2,850 lbs, mid-engined, with 450 HP. That should do fine for another five years at least!!!!
Old 03-17-05, 05:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Where you been, Doc? Welcome back. Haven't seen you post much for ages. Glad to see you still got the NSX and that you and it are doing well. By now you should have blown some of us Lexus guys away....(just kidding)..... especially the way those light aluminum beauties corner like on rails.

Acura can't seem to decide if they are going to do an all-new NSX or not. At the Washington, DC Auto Show from Christmas-New Years they gave me a different answer each day I was there.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-17-05 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-17-05, 05:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
You would think after 15 years they would do a whole redesign.
The Acura people, when I spoke with them, were up and down on a total redesign like a yo-yo. Your guess is as good as mine on when we will actually see one.
Old 03-17-05, 10:47 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The Acura people, when I spoke with them, were up and down on a total redesign like a yo-yo. Your guess is as good as mine on when we will actually see one.
another successful season of F1
Old 03-17-05, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc C
Possibly. But only now are other cars truly surpassing it. It still hold its own in most performance categories with the best in the world. I agree. I want a new model NSX to come out, but for them to have designed this car the way they did and have it remain competitive for as long as it has is a tribute to Honda engineering and design. Now, bring on the new NSX. Something in the neighborhood of 2,850 lbs, mid-engined, with 450 HP. That should do fine for another five years at least!!!!
man, if they really make such a car, it's going to be an all new winner imho....

but from what i see, honda wants to make money, and this is not a car that will make money. that's why they scrapped the previous nsx design
Old 03-18-05, 01:31 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
man, if they really make such a car, it's going to be an all new winner imho....

but from what i see, honda wants to make money, and this is not a car that will make money. that's why they scrapped the previous nsx design
You know what is extremely sad? I feel most at Honda can and want to build a new NSX. It is someone or something blocking their efforts. I don't know if it is the President of Honda, the accountants, or what. Just about two years ago sometime in 2003 Honda sent a team of engineers including the chief engineer and designer of the original NSX names Shigeru Uehara so at least one NSX owers private home. At this dinner they discussed the future NSX and what NSX owners wanted. What other company do we know of has ever sent their engineering team to private owners home for product developement feedback? Honda was dead serious at building a new NSX that not only surpassed the competition but also design considerations from NSX owners themselves. If they had build this car they would have a large percentage of returning NSX owners, and also gain a lot of new buyers as well.

What we do know is the HSC was one possible design of the next NSX. That appears to be dead. However, people at Honda are still talking about a possible 2008 new NSX release date. Honda is flip flopping on this issue as much as anyone. It sounds like the company as a whole wants to build one, but something is holding them back. We know they can build it if they wanted to, its just a matter of giving the engineering team the go. Can you imagine it from a marketing point of view. Honda could market thier F1 technology in the new NSX and trickle it down as in the past. Wouldn't it be great to be able to say the new NSX moulded carbon fiber gear box and sequential manual is a direct result of their F1 engineering? Oh well, one can only hope.
Old 03-18-05, 09:08 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs down

Just how many 'variants' of this ancient NSX can they come up with?
$500k WTF? No thanks! I'll take an F430, CLS55, and a Navigator!
I mean, it is still a nice looking car (and most cars that are slung this low with decent lines would grab your attention anyway!) I had a good friend with a 98' black on black that I drove many times, but come on people...... Almost 20 year old design?
I mean That one concept that we saw @ 2 yrs ago, I thought for certain this was it's replacement!

Old 03-18-05, 09:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Just how many 'variants' of this ancient NSX can they come up with?
$500k WTF? No thanks! I'll take an F430, CLS55, and a Navigator!
I mean, it is still a nice looking car (and most cars that are slung this low with decent lines would grab your attention anyway!) I had a good friend with a 98' black on black that I drove many times, but come on people...... Almost 20 year old design?
I mean That one concept that we saw @ 2 yrs ago, I thought for certain this was it's replacement!

yeah that's the concept they were working on. but i think they ended up making teh car cost like 150k or so? they figured no one would buy it, so they scrapped it and said either design another one or forget about it. i think they choce forget about it
Old 03-18-05, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
You know what is extremely sad? I feel most at Honda can and want to build a new NSX. It is someone or something blocking their efforts. I don't know if it is the President of Honda, the accountants, or what. Just about two years ago sometime in 2003 Honda sent a team of engineers including the chief engineer and designer of the original NSX names Shigeru Uehara so at least one NSX owers private home. At this dinner they discussed the future NSX and what NSX owners wanted. What other company do we know of has ever sent their engineering team to private owners home for product developement feedback? Honda was dead serious at building a new NSX that not only surpassed the competition but also design considerations from NSX owners themselves. If they had build this car they would have a large percentage of returning NSX owners, and also gain a lot of new buyers as well.

What we do know is the HSC was one possible design of the next NSX. That appears to be dead. However, people at Honda are still talking about a possible 2008 new NSX release date. Honda is flip flopping on this issue as much as anyone. It sounds like the company as a whole wants to build one, but something is holding them back. We know they can build it if they wanted to, its just a matter of giving the engineering team the go. Can you imagine it from a marketing point of view. Honda could market thier F1 technology in the new NSX and trickle it down as in the past. Wouldn't it be great to be able to say the new NSX moulded carbon fiber gear box and sequential manual is a direct result of their F1 engineering? Oh well, one can only hope.
amen to that.... it's so said when most people at honda want to do it but some people make it not possible, what a shame.... i hope they still decide to continue to make the new design. yes i understand honda needs to make money, but giving up the whole enthusiast part, something that they have been pretty successful at, that's sad
Old 03-18-05, 10:21 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 03-18-05, 10:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
amen to that.... it's so said when most people at honda want to do it but some people make it not possible, what a shame.... i hope they still decide to continue to make the new design. yes i understand honda needs to make money, but giving up the whole enthusiast part, something that they have been pretty successful at, that's sad
Yes, PLEASE make that HSC concept a reality . . .
Old 03-18-05, 10:34 AM
LexFather

Sigh, the market shows the NSX is overpriced at 90k, let alone 500k!! You can have to many other options for that price. Buy hey, 5 will be made and I am sure will be swooped up.

Honda, is following the Toyota train of 5 years ago. They are going to invest in more trucks and SUVs as they are so profitable. All Honda sports cars are pretty much dead with replacements
RSX-R
Civic-R
NSX
S2000

The new Civic with 200hp (Si) will be nice but no S2000 or NSX.

Old 03-18-05, 10:40 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
LOL OMG the Snorks. I remember them growing up!
Old 03-18-05, 10:41 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I always laughed at the fact the Bose Tape Deck system was the only available option for the NSX, even after all these years. Sad.

Quick Reply: Limited NSX-R GT!! JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!