Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Limited NSX-R GT!! JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-05, 08:55 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Limited NSX-R GT!! JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!

Ultra-limited NSX-R GT will go on sale in JP in August. There will be only 5 cars build and each will run for roughly $500K!!!

It is based on JGTC car and includes some crazy carbon fiber body parts to cut weight.

Rumor is that engine is turboed and pushes 500hp.

I would hit it!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-78452.html

I guess it's McLaren LM story all over again but this time in Japan.

Old 03-15-05, 09:03 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I just saw this on another website, and all they did was ugly it up(ha, how about that English!!) and added about 400K for body cladding. Its a ricers wet dream. And since when did peroscopes become fashionable on cars??? I really hope there is some type of engine upgrade(which is more important than anything else), than lower wieght and body work. Sorry not feeling the car at all. I feel bad for the 5 lucky people willing to spend all that money when they could have got a Lambo, Ferrari, Pagani heck even the limited edition Nissan Skyline GTR that they just released. Oh well different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-15-05, 09:03 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like owners will have the extra luxury of being able to drive in 3 feet of water too
Old 03-15-05, 09:06 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
Looks like owners will have the extra luxury of being able to drive in 3 feet of water too
that is one hell of a snorkle
Old 03-15-05, 09:10 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

I own a 2004 NSX and love it, but I'm not liking the air scoop thing. I think it looks like an attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Maybe for a crevice tool !!!!!! Honda supposedly has a 4.9 L V8 worth 590 HP!!! Why not use that and eliminate the periscope???
Old 03-15-05, 09:11 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Edmunds says the car has the same 280hp engine.
Old 03-15-05, 09:15 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

looks nice.. i like the cf but the scoop gotta go
Old 03-15-05, 09:44 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc C
I own a 2004 NSX and love it, but I'm not liking the air scoop thing. I think it looks like an attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Maybe for a crevice tool !!!!!! Honda supposedly has a 4.9 L V8 worth 590 HP!!! Why not use that and eliminate the periscope???
I dont think they would want to put a V8 in due to the weight. It makes the car heavier, and will throw off the weight distribution as well.

And I dont know if you guys have never seen a turboed or SCed NSX before, but nearly all of them have some sort of scoop in that location. It is MUCH needed. Attached picture is a bad example, but I didnt want to spend any more time looking for a nicer example
Attached Thumbnails Limited NSX-R GT!!  JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!-4667dscf0295-med.jpg  
Old 03-15-05, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice! the scope is there for the true cold air so it's all for performance.

and i can't believe that engine pushing out 500hp, that's just insane!!!!!

i love it man. and 500k, i will just wish
Old 03-15-05, 09:53 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
And I dont know if you guys have never seen a turboed or SCed NSX before, but nearly all of them have some sort of scoop in that location. It is MUCH needed.
Couldn't they have run the induction through the side intakes somehow and foregone the bizzaro scoop?

M.
Old 03-15-05, 09:54 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

I dont think they would want to put a V8 in due to the weight. It makes the car heavier, and will throw off the weight distribution as well.

And I dont know if you guys have never seen a turboed or SCed NSX before, but nearly all of them have some sort of scoop in that location. It is MUCH needed. Attached picture is a bad example, but I didnt want to spend any more time looking for a nicer example
My god. I'm sorry, if its gotta look like that, then why do it?? That is worse than the 500K model they are trying to sell. I understand the fact that its probably neccesary to have it, but can they designed it a little bit better. Maybe flatter and wider at the opening, to give it a sleeker look. The big tall design looks like an after thought. They even could have gone with a design similar to the air scoops that you see on the old school Mr2's. The air scoop was off to the side. Or even they could have went the Lambo, Ferrari and etc route and put scoops on both sides that channeled air into the middle. Lambo, McLaren, Viper(on the racing cars, I think) were able to make hood scoops that actually looked good.

I dunno, it just doesnt look good at all. Serverly stands out and throws off what was once very nice lines.

And wouldnt something so big jutting out of the roof mess with aerodynamics a little bit??
Old 03-15-05, 10:00 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Maybe flatter and wider at the opening, to give it a sleeker look. The big tall design looks like an after thought.
That was my thought exactly. But other then the scoop and that wierd lip on the front, I think it looks very nice. I still wish my dad had his NSX
Old 03-15-05, 10:06 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

That was my thought exactly. But other then the scoop and that wierd lip on the front, I think it looks very nice. I still wish my dad had his NSX
Same here, I like everything except the Periscope and the Jay Leno chin. And it cost way to much. To those that thought a regular NSX was overpriced, I wonder what they think about this.
Old 03-15-05, 10:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Same here, I like everything except the Periscope and the Jay Leno chin. And it cost way to much. To those that thought a regular NSX was overpriced, I wonder what they think about this.
well this is a real track car, so everything is there for a reason i guess
Old 03-15-05, 10:12 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Ive personally seen a few NSX's that are SC with the Gruppe M setup. NONE of them had that Fugly snorkle... ususally they just route the intake from the rear brake duct.

Quick Reply: Limited NSX-R GT!! JGTC beast has been unleashed on the streets!!!