Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW and Bangle news! 'Revolution is over' at BMW

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-05 | 12:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Is there such thing as an American OStrich Society mmarshall???
Yes and no. I was being faceous. The idea is that Bangle, like most of BMW management, are experts at sticking their heads in the sand.
Old 03-19-05 | 01:50 PM
GS3Tek

Talking

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes and no. I was being faceous. The idea is that Bangle, like most of BMW management, are experts at sticking their heads in the sand.
....and their **** in the air
That's what I kinda assume when it comes to "ostrich."
Old 03-19-05 | 01:51 PM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by AmethySC
There is such a thing as The American Ostrich Association
Wow. Nowadays, there's association for everything
Old 03-19-05 | 03:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by omaha_lex
I think I am a minority in my opinion that the current beemer designs are... absolutely gorgeous! Except for the X3, that is. I especially love the 7-series (yes, even the taillights... personally I like the 01?-05 taillights better than the new, redesigned ones on the 06) and the Z4. I can't wait to see a new M5 and the new 3-series in person! I have one thing to say to the BMW design team: keep up the good work! I'm really excited to see what the next design "revolution" has in store.

Just my 2 cents.
That minority is getting bigger. I, too like the bimmer designs....except for the x3. My fave is the 645 and the 745. The 5 series has grown on me and so has the little roadster. The x5 is probably one of the best looking SUV's out there but needs to be more in line with the Bangle Bunch of designs. From the pics I've seen, they were too conservative with the 3 series but I understand why. It's one of the biggest selling cars on the planet. They don't wanna mess that up.
Old 03-19-05 | 05:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reggiek
From the pics I've seen, they were too conservative with the 3 series but I understand why. It's one of the biggest selling cars on the planet. They don't wanna mess that up.
Well....by this very statement you are implying (correctly, I might add) that the Bangle 5 and 7-series WERE messed up.
Old 03-19-05 | 07:23 PM
omaha_lex
Pole Position

Well....by this very statement you are implying (correctly, I might add) that the Bangle 5 and 7-series WERE messed up.
I don't think that he made such implication. You're just trying to put words in his mouth.

I think that all he was trying to say is that they were extra careful with the design of the 2006 3-series due to its worldwide popularity/recognition.

Personally, from the pics I've seen of the new 3 I think that it's not quite unique enough, when compared with the 5 and 7 series. But I'd still gladly take one if someone wanted to buy one for me

Oh, I absolutely cannot wait to see what they do in terms of the coupe, convertible, and M3 models!
Old 03-19-05 | 07:32 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

I don't like the 5Series front end and the X3 black plastic cladding, I was reading on another forum and someone said they saw pictures on the next generation X5and said it was messed up
Old 03-19-05 | 08:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by omaha_lex
I don't think that he made such implication. You're just trying to put words in his mouth.

I think that all he was trying to say is that they were extra careful with the design of the 2006 3-series due to its worldwide popularity/recognition.

:
No...not trying to do that at all. But that was the impression, however, I got from the statement, and I had to make that clear. His statement implied that the "conservative" redesign of the new 3-series was due to the negative public reaction from the earlier 5 and 7-series...which was true, so I stand by that part of my statement. That was not putting words in his mouth....it was simply stating what I saw the statement saying; that's all.

Oh....and the 6-series and the X4; let's not forget those either. They also are examples along this line.
Old 03-19-05 | 09:28 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wow. Nowadays, there's association for everything
and that's why I sell Association Management Software!

now regarding Chris' designs.... I have always like the 7-series, believe it or not, better than the new 2006 version that just came out. The 5-series has finally grown on me. The interiors of both cars are not Scottish however and that bothers me a lot. I don't blame Chris B for this however. I give the guy credit for having the guts to not only think outside the box but to follow through. The fact is that the new 7 has sold better than the old one and thus he is correct, the 7-series customers do like it more than the old version (which we all have to admit, was a bit boring).
Old 03-20-05 | 06:56 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

No...I'm saying, not implying the BMW folks heard the complaints of narrow minded, so-called bimmer purists and didn't want to take a chance on losing them with their biggest money maker.
The 7 is bad and bold. Only mistake with it is the I-Drive should be an option. Use it if you want or not.
The 5...only complaint from me is the lights went a little too far both front and rear. Too far into the sides of the car but they aren't ugly. I'm really into the light designs of a car. I compare them to the eyes on a person. The windows into the soul. With a car they set the stage for the rest of the flow of the car.
Old 03-20-05 | 08:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Bangle sure is ignorant with his statements, just like the head honcho of BMW. Go figure.
Old 03-20-05 | 01:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Bangle has also managed to cause perhaps the biggest rift in CL outside the DEBATE forum. It is clear that his designs and statements have divided us into two groups.....those that like his new products and those that don't.....and each side is adament in its view. I won't mention any names....each of you know where you stand on this, so perhaps we should all agree like gentlemen to disagree, accepting the fact that, like with the rest of the auto enthusiast world out there, Bangle and his designs are just going to be divisive, period. It will be like Democrats and Republicans....rarely aggreeing on anything.
Old 03-21-05 | 07:22 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

This guy should be a politician. He has learned the arts of evasion, double-talk, and cover-up almost perfectly. I say ALMOST because some of us still see right through it.
He could be President of the American Ostrich Society.
i'm 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agreed with you
Old 03-21-05 | 07:26 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

Bangle has also managed to cause perhaps the biggest rift in CL outside the DEBATE forum. It is clear that his designs and statements have divided us into two groups.....those that like his new products and those that don't.....and each side is adament in its view. I won't mention any names....each of you know where you stand on this, so perhaps we should all agree like gentlemen to disagree, accepting the fact that, like with the rest of the auto enthusiast world out there, Bangle and his designs are just going to be divisive, period. It will be like Democrats and Republicans....rarely aggreeing on anything.
i won't argue with a car maker/designer (or it's rep) whose cars need to undergo repairing constantly....

think: how good a car looks when it is on-tour!!!!!
Old 03-21-05 | 07:33 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

wow the new 7 is due not too far from now. i think the new 3 is not a bad looking one compare to 5. 6 is pretty sexy. the new facelifted 7 isnt so bad either. but 5 series should be banned from the road for making all the other drivers puke.

Quick Reply: BMW and Bangle news! 'Revolution is over' at BMW