Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

the radar detector thread !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 09:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You don't have to worry about taking it off when you park with the K40. You don't do this ALL the time do you? I don't... only when I park for a long period. Also more aesthetically pleasing just to have the little LEDs and not a big box stuck to your windshield.

Having said that I have both the K40 installed in my GS and a hardwired Valentine One - the K40 stays turned off most all the time because the performance of the V1 is so much better in all aspects (distance, falsing, etc).
hahah yes i do. but then i only put them on when i drive certain long distance. if i am only driving for 10 15 mins i dont' even put them on, so it's no biggie

specially if you are in LA, you don't want to expose those stuff
Old 03-21-05, 03:10 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTiger
I don't have experience with the V1, but my Passport 8500 has worked perfectly and always gives me more than ample warning. The extra price I would have had to pay to get a V1 didn't appear to be worth it to me.

BTW, since you live in Fla., have you ever tried fighting these tickets. The few that I got , prior to my Passport, I always fought and had dismissed (for a lawyers fee of $60 each). No points, no fines, etc. A good lawyer is definitely worth it in traffic court down here. Once I even got 2 60's in a 45 within 2 weeks of each other and my lawyer got both tickets dismissed about 2 years ago.
i wanted to fight this one but i have a history of tickets from when i was younger
Old 03-21-05, 05:50 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a V1. i love it. it saved me 7 times on my road trip down to florida.
Old 03-21-05, 06:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a Passport. It works okay. It kept me out of trouble a few times. However there are a few times that I pass cops and it doesnt go off at all. I assume they just dont have there Radar/Laser turned on which to me seems to damn common in Philly and NJ. Also there is one to many flase alarms.(Maybe I should send it in to get the X50 upgrade) I dunno, but when they do have the Radar on it works great. Picks them up pretty far down the road.
Old 03-21-05, 07:14 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i have those bel something something detector and it was something like 280 when i bought it. it's pretty annoying with the false alarms, so i usually took it off from the windshield and put it in the trunk. but it works really well on the I 5 whenever i go to LA. saved me more than 3 times.
Old 03-21-05, 07:57 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

You don't have to worry about taking it off when you park with the K40. You don't do this ALL the time do you? I don't... only when I park for a long period. Also more aesthetically pleasing just to have the little LEDs and not a big box stuck to your windshield.

Having said that I have both the K40 installed in my GS and a hardwired Valentine One - the K40 stays turned off most all the time because the performance of the V1 is so much better in all aspects (distance, falsing, etc).
so the v1 looks to be the best does it do all types of radar and lazer ?? does it offer front and rear protection ?? and is it hardwired to the car ?? how much is the complete system
Old 03-21-05, 08:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
so the v1 looks to be the best does it do all types of radar and lazer ?? does it offer front and rear protection ?? and is it hardwired to the car ?? how much is the complete system
www.valentineone.com
Old 03-21-05, 08:18 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

thanks dave
Old 03-21-05, 08:26 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Trust me on this, there are not many products I stand behind 110%, but the V1 is one of them. I had about 8-10 tickets in about 1.5 years (3 diff. states), and in the 6 months I have had my V1 installed, I have not even been close to getting one. It is amazing. The best $500 I ever spent...I only wish I had installed it when I got it instead of letting it sit in the box for 4 mos. while I probably got 2 more tickets in that time.
Old 03-21-05, 08:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by magneto112
I have a Passport. It works okay. It kept me out of trouble a few times. However there are a few times that I pass cops and it doesnt go off at all. I assume they just dont have there Radar/Laser turned on which to me seems to damn common in Philly and NJ. Also there is one to many flase alarms.(Maybe I should send it in to get the X50 upgrade) I dunno, but when they do have the Radar on it works great. Picks them up pretty far down the road.
if you pass a cop and it still didn't go off, i would just guess the cop didn't turn on the radar at all. as much as i would say the v1 has better range than the passport, the passport isn't bad at all
Old 03-21-05, 08:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mjr24
Trust me on this, there are not many products I stand behind 110%, but the V1 is one of them. I had about 8-10 tickets in about 1.5 years (3 diff. states), and in the 6 months I have had my V1 installed, I have not even been close to getting one. It is amazing. The best $500 I ever spent...I only wish I had installed it when I got it instead of letting it sit in the box for 4 mos. while I probably got 2 more tickets in that time.
500?! what's the extra 100 for? remote display?
Old 03-21-05, 10:16 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
the remote display is only $39. maybe shiiping and tax?
Old 03-21-05, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
the remote display is only $39. maybe shiiping and tax?
yeah probably?
Old 03-21-05, 11:56 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a V1 but someone broke in and stole it (only the radar). So for Christmas my girlfriend gave me Passport so I have been using that since then and I must say I miss my V1.

Chris
Old 03-22-05, 07:16 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

maybe hardwired or typo.

thanks romin. I agree that they probably just have it off, or they are just being real scandalous and pulling people over by eye sight and guessing how fast they are going compared to other traffic. Like I said, its just way to common for me to see cops on the highway and my radar not go off.

Quick Reply: the radar detector thread !!!!!!!!