Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What a way to start out the week (painful pics on pg 2)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-05, 06:06 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man.

I'm glad to hear you are all right though.
Old 04-12-05, 08:11 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile I'm OK folks!

I got the car back yesterday, and she's looking good as new. I love the look of the new front bumper and headlight (it's like God has granted me a gift) The paint is freshly painted and clearcoated on the fender and bumper, as well as the pinstriping, and I also received new suspension parts (strut, ball joint) for the front passenger side. This was a good thing since my front struts were aging and needed to be replaced soon. They also replaced the wheel (not factory for my car but factory for the later ES model). Overall, the body shop from the Lexus dealership has amazed me again with their professional work, service and quality. Too bad they don't offer loaners like from the service dept.

Here are some new pics I took today and at night:

Total cost of damages to my Lex: $4,870
Total cost of rental coverage: $278
Number of days to work with insurance and body shop proceedings: 23
Getting the Lex back in perfect and clean condition with new parts and not having to pay a dime: PRICELESS!
Old 04-12-05, 09:42 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man ims orry to hear this. hope all goes well...
Old 04-12-05, 09:45 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

car looks great! like it never got hit.. congrats!!!
Old 04-13-05, 06:02 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Just from the picture the bodywork looks great. I can't tell if they used a Lexus or aftermarket-equivalent fender. Have you checked the headlight low / high beam, parking light, turn signal, etc....to make sure they re-wired and connected them back up correctly?

The only possible flaw I can see ( in the close-up shot ) is a small light-color discoloration mark on the front bumper about two or three inches just above and to the right of the parking light. I can't tell if that is a scratch or just a reflection on the film in the camera shot. If it is on the paint, give the new paint about a month or so to cure and then try SCRATCH-OUT...a product I highly recommend. Small yellow bottle.....about $3-5 at CVS drug stores and some auto and dealer parts departments. It will take out almost any surface paint defect as long as it is not too deep.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-13-05 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-13-05, 06:04 AM
ssultan
Pole Position

Wow. Bling bling new!! What did you do about the wheel? I know you were worried about them replacing a later model wheel. Lets see some pics of the interior, I want to see the new steering wheel. Congrats...I think they've done a bang on job
Old 04-13-05, 08:04 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations on getting your car back. It looks immaculate.
Old 04-13-05, 07:53 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Just from the picture the bodywork looks great. I can't tell if they used a Lexus or aftermarket-equivalent fender. Have you checked the headlight low / high beam, parking light, turn signal, etc....to make sure they re-wired and connected them back up correctly?

The only possible flaw I can see ( in the close-up shot ) is a small light-color discoloration mark on the front bumper about two or three inches just above and to the right of the parking light. I can't tell if that is a scratch or just a reflection on the film in the camera shot. If it is on the paint, give the new paint about a month or so to cure and then try SCRATCH-OUT...a product I highly recommend. Small yellow bottle.....about $3-5 at CVS drug stores and some auto and dealer parts departments. It will take out almost any surface paint defect as long as it is not too deep.
All components of the lighting (headlight, parking, turn signal) are working fine. No fast blinking like when I had the old turn signal lamp disintegrated from the accident.

That "flaw" you're seeing is just the way the sky and the sunshine reflect upon that part of the front bumper on the black paint in its clean condition. Believe me, I'm one of those nit-picky people who inspect my vehicle thoroughly every time I leave my car when parked, and so far I have not seen a single flaw from the body work

Originally Posted by ssultan
What did you do about the wheel?
It's probably at the body shop or salvage yard or somewhere. It's not worth keeping it after the accident
Old 04-24-05, 08:10 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad that everything worked out for you. The car Looks great!!!