Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford to Introduce Sport Trac Adrenalin high-performance SUT in NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 11:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Ford to Introduce Sport Trac Adrenalin high-performance SUT in NY

March 21, 2005

New York auto show
Ford introduces Sport Trac Adrenalin high-performance SUT

"We're looking to take Ford performance to an entirely new market segment with the Sport Trac Adrenalin," says Ford Division president Steve Lyons. "Adrenalin is designed to offer a unique combination of performance and functionality never before offered in the 'go-fast' market."

The Adrenalin will feature a supercharged, 390 hp V8, the first six-speed automatic offered in an SVT vehicle, and SVT-tuned fully independent suspension. The 4.6-litre, 32-valve DOHC V8 is boosted by a Roots-type supercharger and water-to-air intercooler, producing 390 lb-ft of torque. It follows the Sport Trac "teaser", with a "slammed" appearance and large wheels and tires, introduced at the 2005 North American International Auto Show as a foreshadow of the production-ready vehicle to come.

The Sport Trac Adrenalin features bold red paint, discreet SVT badging on the wheels and tailgate, stylized front and rear fascias, "black chrome" grille and SVT signature fog lamps. Its four bucket seats are clad in unique red leather inserts with matching door trim panels. SVT's trademark white-faced instruments will be mated with a navigation system, a first for an SVT-badged vehicle.

Underneath, the Adrenalin features short- and long-arm front suspension, trailing-blade independent rear suspension, SVT-tuned shock and spring rates, upgraded front and rear stabilizer bars, and split-five-spoke 21-inch wheels with 295/45R21 tires and oversized brakes.

source : canadiandriver.com
Old 03-22-05, 12:32 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my lord, they put the Cobra motor in the Sport Trac!

That's totally disgusting, in both good and bad ways.
Old 03-22-05, 12:43 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

i have nothing against fast pickups... but that's exactly what they are... pickups... they're supposed to have raw hauling power... not speed... modern day motor companies are mixing everything up in my opinion... but hey... whatever floats your boat..
Old 03-22-05, 02:55 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Looks cool, has a retro style to it, sort of like the chopped and dropped muscle cars
Old 03-22-05, 03:16 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up with those Subaru/new VW headlamps?

Looks pretty good otherwise. I guess there's a market for everything, no matter how little sense it makes.
Old 03-22-05, 05:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
What's up with those Subaru/new VW headlamps?

Looks pretty good otherwise. I guess there's a market for everything, no matter how little sense it makes.

Yep......especially in your part of the country and mine....the two largest car markets in America.
Where I live even the AZTEC sells
Old 03-22-05, 05:11 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
i have nothing against fast pickups... but that's exactly what they are... pickups... they're supposed to have raw hauling power... not speed...
Actually, with 390 lb-ft of torque I have little doubt that it'll be able to haul A LOT.