Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I was that close getting a 2006 M45

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-05, 07:16 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default I was that close getting a 2006 M45

Went to BMW dealer to pick up my friend who had his 525i brought in for schedule maintaince. There was the Infiniti dealership right next to it so we decided to go check out the new M45.
The car was a beauty with many new hi-tech goodies and a BAD A@@ sound system. And the motor is amazing. Very stylish on the out side and acceptable interior I would say. The black on black M45 I was looking at had almost every options except the rear flip-down monitor DVD system.....MSRP at $56800
The sales was really pushy.......we came down to a leasing of 39 months for $750 tax included with $6000 down. And they were willing to take my LS430 in for $38000. Well, I really I wanted to just sign the paper and take this badboy home BUT..........I didn't have the passion to just take it home right away even though it was a really cool car.
Old 03-26-05, 08:01 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see you missed out on a chance to own a great vehicle but I must say that it has to be hard considering you have imho the best Luxury vehicle (below $80,000) that money can buy.

What are your thoughts comparing the M45 to the LS430?

Why didn't you pull the trigger?
Old 03-26-05, 08:46 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

I love the M45. If your serious about buying, you will have made an excellent decision.

But well done on waiting. It's always best to step back and ask yourself do you really need/want to spend that kind of money on a new car.
Old 03-26-05, 09:35 PM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Originally Posted by ATSOU
Went to BMW dealer to pick up my friend who had his 525i brought in for schedule maintaince. There was the Infiniti dealership right next to it so we decided to go check out the new M45.
The car was a beauty with many new hi-tech goodies and a BAD A@@ sound system. And the motor is amazing. Very stylish on the out side and acceptable interior I would say. The black on black M45 I was looking at had almost every options except the rear flip-down monitor DVD system.....MSRP at $56800
The sales was really pushy.......we came down to a leasing of 39 months for $750 tax included with $6000 down. And they were willing to take my LS430 in for $38000. Well, I really I wanted to just sign the paper and take this badboy home BUT..........I didn't have the passion to just take it home right away even though it was a really cool car.
Think it over. But you really can't go wrong with an Infiniti M, imo. You know the reliability will be rock solid as it is with all Infiniti vehicles, not to mention all the other things the new M has to offer. The LS is a great car, but you'll probably have more fun with your new M. Two very different machines, but both are two of the very best sedans out there, hands down. You can't lose.
Old 03-26-05, 09:42 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you made the right choice by sticking with your LS. The new M is a beautiful car but from some angles it just doesnt look right. There was a thread that was posted of one with a body kit but that didnt do much for the M. Then later in the thread someone posted an aftermarket body kit on the new M and it looked sick. But overall I think the LS you have is such a great car.
Old 03-26-05, 10:43 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you given the GS a spin? There's that $500 discount for repeat Lexus customers...
Old 03-26-05, 11:11 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

The M is a great car and I love the front end as well as all the options, but the rear end doesn't do it for me....
Old 03-27-05, 06:19 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This story sounds familiar....like mine. I went to the dealer to buy a G35. After 2 hours I realized my SC is a better car. Not faster but better overall.
I also like the M45. It seems way better in quality than the G35...although the G35 is catching up. Is the M45 better than the LS? I wouldn't think so but it does have some attributes.
Old 03-27-05, 09:47 AM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Glad you cooled off. Now, if you woke up this morning and say, "I want it," than go. You might be able to negotiate a better deal.
Old 03-27-05, 12:25 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

750 with tax, damn thats sweet but your LS is the car I'd choose between the 2
Old 03-27-05, 04:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Based on this deal alone........IMO, keep the LS.
$750 a month for a 39-month lease seems pretty excessive....especially with $6000 down. Remember....with a lease you are basically paying only for the car's projected depreciation within the 2-4 year period. In effect, you are renting the car....with a mileage limit. That's basically with the car's lease payment is based on....with a few other minor factors.
$750 for 39 months is $29,250....plus the $6000 down. That's at least $35,000 you are giving the dealership...plus any closing costs there might be........and I don't think that car is going to depreciate THAT much in just 39 months. It is roughly a $45,000 car new....that means it would be worth only $10,000 after 39 months? I don't think so.

Liz....you on the channel here?
You probably lease cars every day.............you're a CL authority on this: Am I correct and is he getting taken? Even with Infiniti's traditionally higher depreciation than Lexus, it's hard for me to imagine a residual value this low on a new 45K car after only 39 months.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-27-05 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-27-05, 05:34 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Lease numbers

I have not had an opportunity to look at the new Infiniti up close, but if you just want to talk numbers:
If it was a$6000 drive off, then the true payment with no down and drive off only should be around $865.

If it was $6000 down PLUS drive off, then the true payment is around $900.

The you gotta consider the mileage allowance and the fact you are doing a 39 month lease. Why didn't they offer a 36? Do you know what the residual is?

Our competitors make fine cars, but for that kind of money I'd rather be in a Lexus, IMHO.
Old 03-27-05, 07:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks, Liz. I agree that for the money, Lexus and Subaru are the way to go depending on how much you want to spend.
Old 03-27-05, 07:43 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Lease seems fine for this early in the life of the car, the GS sedans are no different, right now you pay more cause of the demand of people wanting it, waiting several months will reflect in lower monthly payments.
Old 03-27-05, 10:54 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ktiger
Sorry to see you missed out on a chance to own a great vehicle but I must say that it has to be hard considering you have imho the best Luxury vehicle (below $80,000) that money can buy.

What are your thoughts comparing the M45 to the LS430?

Why didn't you pull the trigger?
Since the M45 just came out, nobody knows about the reputations yet. I was affraid the M would be like the Q45. Depreciates like hell within two to three years......
Hopefully I can pick up an used one in three years for around $30000.

As for comparing the M45 to my LS430, the M is definitely a fancier and faster car. But overall it's just a G35 with two more cylinders and couple more hi-tech goodies. And the driving comfort is nothing compares to the LS430. Even though it's faster BUT hey......if u meet one E55 on the road, u're still behind anyway right?

The sales kept telling me the G was the first success of Infiniti and the M will be even hotter then the G, but the G is popular cuz it was priced reasonable, people get the best out of their bucks.......but the M45 MSRP for $57,000 and there is no room for price negotiation. So with fees & license it'll come out to about $64,000. Ehh......u can pretty much get an SC430 for that price

Quick Reply: I was that close getting a 2006 M45