Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I'm Getting a New CAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05 | 06:52 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Congrats I am sorry but 25k for a Xb=
Yeah, that's WRX (wagon or sedan) territory - which, if I had 25k of disposable at my command, I'd probably buy.

The rest of the list @ $25,000 is as follows:

2) Camry SE w/ southeast sport package (bbs wheels, factory kit, etc)
3) Acura TSX (I'm pretty sure I could cop a new one @ 25 ...)
4) Mazda6 sportwagon
5) Saab 9-2x Aero (essentially an Impreza wagon w/ minor Saab treatment)
6) Volvo V50 2.4i wagon or S40 2.4i sedan
7) Audi A3 (when it debuts)
8) Volkswagen Jetta GLI sedan

But - if you're happy - that's what counts.

Enjoy your new ride.

M.
Old 04-03-05 | 07:01 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=mmarshall]
Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
Yes, it is a brand new one with only 10 miles on it.

OK....thanks for clarifying that...and again, congragulations. Few other material things in life are as nice as a brand-new vehicle.
First, make sure the tire pressures are OK......MANY new vehicles are delivered with grossly overinflated tires. They SAY they check them at the dealership but often they DON'T. An overly stiff ride is the usual sign of this. This is the #1 problem I see with new cars, over and over again. The proper COLD tire pressures are either in the owner's manual, on the driver's door jamb, or in the glovebox. Most new Toyota-designed vehicles run 30-32 PSI cold (driven less than a mile or sat for 3 hours)

I know you will want to drive and enjoy it, but have a little paitience for the first 1000 miles or so.
If you want the car to be trouble-free and last a long time give it a proper break-in. Don't use the brakes hard except in an emergency. Vary the engine speed up and down....this is not difficult in normal stop-and-go traffic....you just don't want to spend hours on the Interstate at one constant speed, that's all. Do NOT go over 4000 RPM. Yes, I know that will be a temptation, but the piston rings will seat in the cylinders better if you don't...and the car will be less likely to burn oil later on. Don't brake-torque or drop-clutch the engine in drag-race starts, and don't put the gas pedal all the way down.
Have a little paitience and restraint for the first 1000 miles and the car will potentially give you a lot less trouble down the road. And...as I mentioned in my last post, consider an oil change at 1000-1500 miles even if it is not in the Owners manual or Maintenance Schedule. It will be very good for almost any new engine unless you have a Honda / Acura product with special 3000-mile factory break-in oil.

After the break-in period, if desired, you can push the car closer to its limits.....with common sense, of course.......the xB is not a sports car even with custom wheels and tires and will not handle like one. But with reasonable care...........oil changes every 3000-5000 miles after the initial one and major fluid changes at 30,000 miles...it should last a long time and give you good service.

Thanks for the tips...I don't usually go on the free so going fast won't be an issue...

again...thanks a lot
Old 04-03-05 | 07:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE=LEXUS FAN!]
Originally Posted by mmarshall

Thanks for the tips...I don't usually go on the free so going fast won't be an issue...

again...thanks a lot
Anytime....that's what we're here in CAR CHAT for.
Old 04-04-05 | 04:49 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=mmarshall]
Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!

Anytime....that's what we're here in CAR CHAT for.
haha...yes

I'm so excited to get...I'm getting so anxious
Old 04-04-05 | 08:51 PM
LexFather

Pics mahn!
Old 04-04-05 | 09:29 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Pics mahn!

i wish i had the car to get pictures
Old 04-05-05 | 12:06 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

ENJOY!

Old 04-05-05 | 03:46 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

thanks a lot
Old 04-07-05 | 10:13 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

well

our salesperson called last night and said that the leather and moonroof is done, and everything else would be done by friday except the wheels becasue they are waiting for the order to come in

my dad told him to switch the wheels in the showroom with the new car, but he said that it is a pain because each wheel is assigned a car, and it is difficult. so he said that he is trying to convince his manager, but he won't be back until monday so nothing will be done until then...

my concern is that the wheels on the car in the showroom has been driven the 1500 miles like the car and it is stupid to get a used tire...although they might have just put it on for show when they put it in the showroom

the salesperson said he would call on friday to give us an update, and my question is that if i were to wait for the shipment of the new ones to get in, when i will get it because i don't want to wait forever? we will see what happens...i will get the rims, it is just a matter of when.
Old 04-07-05 | 10:41 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Nice man. Can't wait to see it. What color is the xB??
Old 04-09-05 | 11:32 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i got GREEN
Old 04-09-05 | 10:15 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

the dealer called and said it will be ready on Tuesday, but sadly i won't get my rims for a while since they are being imported from Japan...

when the rims come, i will take the car there and it will take an hour or hour and a half to put on, so i will just have the normal hub caps for now.

i have a question...

has this ever happened to anyone? how long does it usually take to get rims? weeks? months?
Old 04-12-05 | 08:45 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

I got it...it is so nice even without the rims

the rims will be in about 4 weeks
Old 04-12-05 | 09:34 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

good stuff....
Old 04-12-05 | 10:35 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap