Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 01:11 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)

The ELITE class took a field trip up to the Mercedes Benz of Manhattan dealership where we got to tour the dealer and they bought us lunch. Then we went over to the NY Auto Show. I would of taken more pics but we only had a little over an hour at the auto show. Didnt want to get caught in traffic.

SLR getting detailed.. mmmm sexy

Another shot of the SLR

Maybach in the Pre-owned showroom for a mere $357k

3rd floor of the dealership.. There was roughly 450+ Benz' up there!!!

Nice looking Ferrari

The Lexus LF-A Concept

Nissan Hatch Concept

New Civic SI Concept

Chrysler Firepower

Volvo AWD Turbo SUV with 450hp

To see the rest of the pics, click here
Old 03-31-05, 01:37 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are some great pics I gotta look into the Chrysler Firepower it looks sweet
Old 03-31-05, 01:46 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Bro at least you were able to take pics. I took like 4 pics at the show. This year I went later in the day on Saturday, and it was more than packed. Its actually kind of stupid to takes pictures with all those people around. Oh well, telling by the pics you took, it doesnt look crowded at all. When did you go?? During the week??

I would really hate to be the lot guy at the MB dealership. It looks over crowded. Thats rediculous and no fun at all for those who have to find cars.

The LF-A is absoultely stunning in person. There was a huge crowd around that concept.

You my friend took a hell of a lot of pictures. I was thinking about going back this Saturday. I guess I dont have too now.
Old 03-31-05, 04:47 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i actually like that volvo, its hot
Old 03-31-05, 05:00 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AJL0365
i actually like that volvo, its hot
Agreed, the concept looks production.
Old 03-31-05, 05:53 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Bro at least you were able to take pics. I took like 4 pics at the show. This year I went later in the day on Saturday, and it was more than packed. Its actually kind of stupid to takes pictures with all those people around. Oh well, telling by the pics you took, it doesnt look crowded at all. When did you go?? During the week??

I would really hate to be the lot guy at the MB dealership. It looks over crowded. Thats rediculous and no fun at all for those who have to find cars.

The LF-A is absoultely stunning in person. There was a huge crowd around that concept.

You my friend took a hell of a lot of pictures. I was thinking about going back this Saturday. I guess I dont have too now.

I went yesterday (thursday) around 1pm... I thought it was pretty crowded when I went, but I doubt it was as crowded as it would be on a Sat. lol I did have to wait to take some of the pics because people would just stand by the car and not even be looking at it.

The Benz dealer was like khaos man.. They were even parking cars on the second floor IN the shop behind the cars that were already in a bay. It was crazy
Old 03-31-05, 06:50 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics. I like the volvo also just would like to see it in a different color, maybe black
Old 03-31-05, 07:20 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Gotta agree...the Volvo looks pretty sweet. The only thing that bugs me is how the rear fender flare stops so abruptly where it meets the black strip. Kind of ruins the flow.
Old 03-31-05, 07:48 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

i went to the auto show last sunday with my camera but when i got there, i realized my battery was at home in the charger.
Old 03-31-05, 07:58 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by phunkyGS
Gotta agree...the Volvo looks pretty sweet. The only thing that bugs me is how the rear fender flare stops so abruptly where it meets the black strip. Kind of ruins the flow.
Please, thats not even the best part. That V8 is tuned to produce around 650hp.
How about that for all those soccer moms out there. Know one thought that Volvo had the sources to produce a monster like this.
Old 03-31-05, 08:10 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I also took a few pics at the auto show. Just the ones that caught the attention of my wife

The first one we saw was the yellow Lambo Gallardo at the Exotics section very close to the entrance. You can also get a pic of yourself with a model there, but I think it's safe to say we opt for just the beauty on wheels better
Attached Thumbnails N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)-lambo.jpg  
Old 03-31-05, 08:12 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

This is the all brand new 2006 Lincoln Zephyr.
Attached Thumbnails N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)-zephyr-outside.jpg  
Old 03-31-05, 08:14 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

The Zephyr inside. Not feeling the wood steering wheel configuration, but the center console looks pretty nice and simple.
Attached Thumbnails N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)-zephyr-inside.jpg  
Old 03-31-05, 08:16 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Modified Beetle (racing stripes, lowered suspension, wheel setup, mirror blinkers (from the old E-class?). Doesn't look too bad at all
Attached Thumbnails N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)-beetle-outside.jpg  
Old 03-31-05, 08:18 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Inside the Beetle. The steering wheel is definitely something else, and the gray leather interior goes well with the rest of the car.
Attached Thumbnails N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)-beetle-inside.jpg  

Quick Reply: N.Y. Auto Show/ Mercedes Benz of Manhattan Pics 956k warning)