Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sacramento and Roseville Dealership Service (or non-service)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 04:56 PM
joegolf68
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sacramento and Roseville Dealership Service (or non-service)

I usually only post in the LS430 section but figured I would vent here, if you will be kind of enough to let me.

Sacramento and Roseville Lexus have the same owner and it shows, no competition equals no service. Last month, my 2002 LS430 was seen by the service department. A small flaw in the window sealing was noticed. They ordered the part and I went in today. First, everyone I dealt with was professional and polite. My issues:

1. Greeted by a service person. Asked what I was there for. I showed him the problem and told him of my appointment. He said go inside and they will call my name.

2. Went inside, decided to begin the process of getting my loaner, told I had to wait for my service rep to give them info before I could process a loaner. Ten minutes later, a service person (not the same guy who checked me in) asked me into his office and sit down. I did. "what are you here for." Duh! Ok, I tell him. He asks if I am going to leave the car? I simply say I will need a loaner. Ok, will be ready in four hours. Ok.

3. Service guy took me to loaner gal, paperwork began for loaner. They ask for credit card, driver's license, and proof of insurance (which of course is in the car already headed to the back area.) Ok, they believe me on the insurance. I initial or sign about ten times on two different forms.

4. We do a visual of the car for five minutes making sure every little ding is noted (nice car, 2005 ES300) and in excellent shape. I have to inspect the trunk also. I was told to bring it back with a full tank.

5. Get a call an hour later. They didn't have the right part. Come back in 45 minutes they say to make sure the car is washed and I re-identified the problem.

6. I return. Wait another 40 minutes for my car. I live 20 miles in heavy traffic, so I didn't even return home. I left my house at 12:20 for this 1:00 o'clock appointment. It is now a little after 3:00. I inform the service rep that I would like the car brought up, as this is going to be a four hour car wash!

7. Car is returned, I show the rep the problem, he says ok, they will order the right part.

Crapola service!

Here is how it worked for me with Infinity of Roseville (one block away) when I owned their mid-line IS30T for four years.

1. Show up, greeted by service rep with a handshake. Go to his office and he prints out a form for me to sign. We walk back out to the breezeway, he points out a decent IS30, hands me the keys, tells me the approximate time it will be ready and I am on my way.

Prior to that, I had a Honda Accord. Same greeting by the rep and about the same ease of getting the rental (Infinity was free loaner, Honda charged me only $20 total for the rental.)

Similar experience with Folsom Toyota for my wife's car.

What is up with Lexus service. Nice building, nice coffee machine, nice people, but clueless about customer support. In the LS430 Forum, many have complained about Lexus of Roseville and Sacramento? Are all the dealerships this crass? The problem with ordering the wrong part is forgivable, but the treatment is NOT. If I wanted to be treated this way, I would have bought a Ford (just kidding for you Ford owners.) I am thinking they just don't want service business, really, that has to be it, the money is not there or they don't have the facilities to handle the volume? I know I am not alone in the Sacramento area. From now on, any non-warranty work goes to Toyota and my future purchases will go to another city!

Thanks for your time.

Joe
Old 04-01-05, 05:14 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i kinda hate this too. In the Bay Area, Lexus of Marin/Lexus of Serramonte/Lexus of Concord are bith owned by Sonic Automotive. I had better service at Marin for parts, but there's some lady at Concord who doesn't discrimate. I plan on taking my car to Concord's service deparment when 180K rolls along.
Old 04-01-05, 07:58 PM
joegolf68
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach
i kinda hate this too. In the Bay Area, Lexus of Marin/Lexus of Serramonte/Lexus of Concord are bith owned by Sonic Automotive. I had better service at Marin for parts, but there's some lady at Concord who doesn't discrimate. I plan on taking my car to Concord's service deparment when 180K rolls along.
Thanks for the response. Really is poor that Lexus allows dual ownership in the same market. I am still very curious if this type of treatment is standard for Lexus. Maybe they think the cars are so great they don't have to service them with any kind of customer service in mind.
Old 04-01-05, 09:06 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I hear, Lexus Stevens Creek is owned by Penske, which also runs Longo Lexus. I wonder, has anyone here been to Stevens Creek?