Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

ticket help....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 11:06 PM
OlschoolGs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticket help....

i got a ticket for cutting the car pool lane this week. before you guys start criticising me, it was bumper to bumper traffic and i was being late to school. and i was at the hospital until 3am because my dad had his 3rd brain surgery, and i woke up at 6 to go to school. so i was basically brain dead and was going to be late to school. i looked around, no cops, i cut it. 5min into driving in the carpool, cop pulls me over. rights me a ticket. now, i only posted to get advice and not to be criticised. how many points will go on my record, i am 16years old. how much is the fine? is traffic school an option? should i extend the court dates continuously, so theres more of a chance that the cop doesnt show up, and i win?(a friend told me that if the cop doesnt show up, you automatically win). im not a mommas boy, i pay for everything that i am responsible for. i pay for my insurance, gas, expenses etc. just want to know whats the expect.
Old 04-02-05, 11:21 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

plead not guilt, wait for the court date and show up and tell them about your father, say what you said in your post, plead and ask the cop to reduce it to no points but you would be willing to pay a fine equal to that of the ticket, then they still get the money and you get no points.

lifes complicated and we have all broken the laws while driving, just don't get 3 more tickets between now and the time you go to court, prove your a good kid, you where their for you father and they should let you off with a fine
Old 04-02-05, 11:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by OlschoolGs
i got a ticket for cutting the car pool lane this week. before you guys start criticising me, it was bumper to bumper traffic and i was being late to school. and i was at the hospital until 3am because my dad had his 3rd brain surgery, and i woke up at 6 to go to school. so i was basically brain dead and was going to be late to school. i looked around, no cops, i cut it. 5min into driving in the carpool, cop pulls me over. rights me a ticket. now, i only posted to get advice and not to be criticised. how many points will go on my record, i am 16years old. how much is the fine? is traffic school an option? should i extend the court dates continuously, so theres more of a chance that the cop doesnt show up, and i win?(a friend told me that if the cop doesnt show up, you automatically win). im not a mommas boy, i pay for everything that i am responsible for. i pay for my insurance, gas, expenses etc. just want to know whats the expect.
Check out here first
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/

I'm in GA, so I can't give CA advice.

Old 04-02-05, 11:34 PM
OlschoolGs
Driver

Originally Posted by EDGE2
plead not guilt, wait for the court date and show up and tell them about your father, say what you said in your post, plead and ask the cop to reduce it to no points but you would be willing to pay a fine equal to that of the ticket, then they still get the money and you get no points.

lifes complicated and we have all broken the laws while driving, just don't get 3 more tickets between now and the time you go to court, prove your a good kid, you where their for you father and they should let you off with a fine
hopefully everything falls through like you explained. but if theres a chance that the judge doesnt cut me slack, what should i expect besides the fine(which i will gladily pay if it doesnt raise insurance or put a point on my record). ever since getting pulled over i do no more than 65mph, and i stay in the slow lane, i would explode if i get another citation, im barely keeping up with my insurance, id probably sell my car if my insurance went up any higher.
Old 04-02-05, 11:40 PM
LexFather

hopefully everything falls through like you explained. but if theres a chance that the judge doesnt cut me slack, what should i expect besides the fine(which i will gladily pay if it doesnt raise insurance or put a point on my record). ever since getting pulled over i do no more than 65mph, and i stay in the slow lane, i would explode if i get another citation, im barely keeping up with my insurance, id probably sell my car if my insurance went up any higher.
If you use that excuse with the judge, you will have to bring proof your pops is in the hospital for the reason you claim (And good luck with him). If its your first offense, he may let u off.

When I was 16, I got 2 speeding tickets. One was justified, but the 2nd one, I was not speeding. I took pics of what I thought happened and the speed limit sign and brought my parents with me. The judge knew the cop was lying but had to cover his back. I got a reduced fine and no points.

Old 04-02-05, 11:53 PM
OlschoolGs
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you use that excuse with the judge, you will have to bring proof your pops is in the hospital for the reason you claim (And good luck with him). If its your first offense, he may let u off.

When I was 16, I got 2 speeding tickets. One was justified, but the 2nd one, I was not speeding. I took pics of what I thought happened and the speed limit sign and brought my parents with me. The judge knew the cop was lying but had to cover his back. I got a reduced fine and no points.
so should i take pictures of my dads stitching on his head? and some MRI scans? because hes going to be signed out of the hospital this week. i wouldnt drag him to court, because he has to be on anit-biotics and IV when he gets home. i havent told him yet, because i know he'll kick my *** wearing his hospital robe.
Old 04-03-05, 10:40 PM
OlschoolGs
Driver

a friend of mine suggested that i go to his lawyer and have em fight my ticket. so ill be paying him $300, and it doesnt go on my record. my friends lawyer faught is 103mph speeding ticket and won, and my friend never stepped in court, his fine was $3k, but he paid the lawyer $1.5k. should i go for this?
Old 04-04-05, 12:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

no one can guarantee that the lawyer will win for sure. so it's possible that you give the 300 bucks to him and still lose

the ticket is 1 point
the ticket price is about 300 bucks
if you havent' been to traffic schoo, yes you can and it will not show on your record
you can fight it if you want. yes if the cop doesn't appear you will win
Old 04-04-05, 03:07 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Why dont you just go to traffic school? Sounds like this is your first ticket. (other wise youd have some idea what to expect?)

Since youre worried about points and insurance, take the sure fire way to not get points and go to traffic school. Even though you have some outside circumstances, technically speaking you did break the law and thus by your own admission you are guilty. (I still feel for you though! Hope your father gets better!)
Old 04-04-05, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Why dont you just go to traffic school? Sounds like this is your first ticket. (other wise youd have some idea what to expect?)

Since youre worried about points and insurance, take the sure fire way to not get points and go to traffic school. Even though you have some outside circumstances, technically speaking you did break the law and thus by your own admission you are guilty. (I still feel for you though! Hope your father gets better!)
that's what i am thinking as well. seems like it's first time, and it's busted. traffic school isn't that bad
Old 04-04-05, 10:36 AM
OlschoolGs
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
that's what i am thinking as well. seems like it's first time, and it's busted. traffic school isn't that bad
ive heard 2 different things, i heard if your a minor, you cant take traffic school. and then i heard, if im a minor, i can take online traffic school. i dont know which is wrong, or if both are. id love to do an online traffic school, i did one for my dad, i finished in 1hr. anybody know if minors can take traffic school/online traffic school if your a minor?
Old 04-04-05, 10:45 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

If you're in So Cal, call this guy. He's gotten my buddy out of 7 of 8 tickets.

John Farris
Traffic Ticket Attorneys
1540 E 1st St # 260
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-543-8885
Old 04-04-05, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ive heard 2 different things, i heard if your a minor, you cant take traffic school. and then i heard, if im a minor, i can take online traffic school. i dont know which is wrong, or if both are. id love to do an online traffic school, i did one for my dad, i finished in 1hr. anybody know if minors can take traffic school/online traffic school if your a minor?
that i really don't know.... @_@

but seems like you have one good attorney to contact now
Old 04-04-05, 03:00 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does a lawyer get someone off a "driving in the wrong lane" ticket? I know with speeding tickets you can question the accuracy of the radar/laser. How do you prove that the police officer incorrectly identified a 4000 lb car in between two bright white lines?
Old 04-04-05, 03:35 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

using your dad's surgery for an excuse will probably not fly with the judge as an excuse.
Being brain dead is not a reason to get into the car and drive.

I'm also with the opinion that traffic school is your best option unless you for some reason can't do that, then lawyer is option two.

Quick Reply: ticket help....