Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LA car chase

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05 | 09:51 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Default LA car chase

Is that a 2nd gen Lexus GS I see?

The news people are making a pretty big deal out of the "two latino men" inside. Hmm...
Old 04-05-05 | 10:58 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it was!
There is a 2nd car chase now.
some funny stuff going on.
Old 04-05-05 | 12:58 PM
TwincH
Driver School Candidate

I watched it over lunch time here. It went on forever. Dood swiped another car lighty, then him and his partner jumped out and ran on foot.

http://www.nbc4.tv/traffic/4348868/detail.html
Old 04-05-05 | 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

ouch that hurts man i saw the same thread in the socal forum too.
Old 04-05-05 | 04:31 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder what could have motivated them to do that. "Yeah, let's steal a car. Nice, Lexus GS. Okay, now we've stolen it, let's drive around and sideswipe cars. Oh, cops are onto us and a helicopter is tracking us. Now let's run for it, surely we'll get away."
Old 04-05-05 | 04:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

umm.... i wonder if they stole the key to start the car or use some other ways -- that would be a solid proof on whether you can drive the car off without a key?
Old 04-05-05 | 04:49 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

I just saw a clip of that chase on the news. Hopefully the GS doesn't belong to a member.

Originally Posted by Incendiary
I wonder what could have motivated them to do that. "Yeah, let's steal a car. Nice, Lexus GS. Okay, now we've stolen it, let's drive around and sideswipe cars. Oh, cops are onto us and a helicopter is tracking us. Now let's run for it, surely we'll get away."
I'm sure they were thinking that they could get away with it, otherwise why would they do it in the first place? Unless maybe they were on something?
Old 04-05-05 | 05:25 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
umm.... i wonder if they stole the key to start the car or use some other ways -- that would be a solid proof on whether you can drive the car off without a key?
Yeah...not exactly a good PR for Lexus if it's the latter case. Did the 2GS come with a "smart" ignition system when it was first introduced?
Old 04-05-05 | 06:07 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

I heard the car had low-jack so that's why the cops were able to find them and start the pursuit.
Good thing the GS wasn't modified or the thieves might have gotten away. j/k

Damn thieves!
Old 04-05-05 | 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Yeah...not exactly a good PR for Lexus if it's the latter case. Did the 2GS come with a "smart" ignition system when it was first introduced?
well i have said it before, but as long as you do it right you can start the car without a key, that's for sure. after all it's just a car. not too surprising, mb and bimmer, all the same
Old 04-06-05 | 12:36 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I too wonder how the car was stolen...Lexus or no Lexus once you have the key, you still have their car...

Hopefully the car wasn't too badly damaged, I guess the right front fender and bumper probably were dented severely...that video had me cringing, and expecting an even worse ending.

But it also makes me think more highly of Lo-Jack...
Old 04-06-05 | 01:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by enigma354
I too wonder how the car was stolen...Lexus or no Lexus once you have the key, you still have their car...

Hopefully the car wasn't too badly damaged, I guess the right front fender and bumper probably were dented severely...that video had me cringing, and expecting an even worse ending.

But it also makes me think more highly of Lo-Jack...
yeah i think lojack is a good addition. but i have been thinking, if two people steals your car (which is pretty common, one could be driving and the other one will look through to see if there are lojack and stuff like that? there are only couple of positions for lojack
Old 04-06-05 | 02:09 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah i think lojack is a good addition. but i have been thinking, if two people steals your car (which is pretty common, one could be driving and the other one will look through to see if there are lojack and stuff like that? there are only couple of positions for lojack
would they install lojack on the side of the car???
Old 04-06-05 | 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Jmai22
would they install lojack on the side of the car???
not on the side. some behind the glove box, some behind the radio. some in the trunk i believe, etc....
Old 04-06-05 | 09:20 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Lojack rules! You know some people say, "if my car gets stolen, I don't want it back so I don't need to pay for a Lojack". If some **** stole my Lexus baby, I'd want a Lojack just to have the police get them. And they hide the Lojack better than that during the install. In fact, they do not allow you to watch where the Lojack is hidden in your own car, just in case something happens. I'm guessing in case you get car jacked.

Quick Reply: LA car chase