Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes Benz R-Class (MB Minivan?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 07:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by doug_999

This vehicle is old news and for all of the soccer moms that refuse to drive a minivan this is a ray of sunshine in their life.
LMAO!!!!

Old 07-31-05, 07:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LT. LEX
But you are an enthusiast, someone who actually knows something about cars. Just the fact that you know where the M Class is built is far more that the people who are going to buy this vehicle. MB has such a reputation that they could sell water to a whale if it had the Benz logo on the bottle.
well.......................
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes Benz R-Class (MB Minivan?)-whale.jpg  

Old 07-31-05, 08:29 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, you are too funny.
Old 08-01-05, 05:37 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Consider getting subscriptions to
Car & Driver
Road & Track
Autoweek

Then you won't make statements like "how come we have never heard any news prior to this" and "chassis-sharing with the Pacifica".

This vehicle is old news and for all of the soccer moms that refuse to drive a minivan this is a ray of sunshine in their life.
I appreciate the suggestions, Doug.

If you did not misinterpret my first few posts, you would have understood the following:

1. My question (which was posed months ago BTW) of not hearing about this earlier was in reference to CL Car Chat. Nothing to do with print mags.

2. My "statement" of chassis-sharing was a question. I was *asking* if they were shared. I never said they were.

Please try to read and understand my posts before you reply. It will cut down on needless posts made in error.
Old 08-01-05, 01:33 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
I appreciate the suggestions, Doug.

If you did not misinterpret my first few posts, you would have understood the following:

1. My question (which was posed months ago BTW) of not hearing about this earlier was in reference to CL Car Chat. Nothing to do with print mags.

2. My "statement" of chassis-sharing was a question. I was *asking* if they were shared. I never said they were.

Please try to read and understand my posts before you reply. It will cut down on needless posts made in error.
My bad - did not check the thread date - I see your post was from April. Sorry about that.

With regards to #2 - your statement said "I have a feeling this will hurt MB bad. Especially when word gets out it's chassis-sharing with the Pacifica. ......"
Old 08-01-05, 01:52 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

With regards to #2 - your statement said "I have a feeling this will hurt MB bad. Especially when word gets out it's chassis-sharing with the Pacifica. ......"
I made that post right under MMarshall's where he agreed with the strong likeness and possibility of the chassis sharing. I continued the assumption for argument's sake and admittedly it came across like I was confirming it. So you're right, sorry about that one.

Should have read more like "If this is indeed built on a Pacifica chassis..."