Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chris Tucker Arrested speeding in Bentley Coupe 109mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 07:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Haha, marshall, no wonder you never cared for high power cars It's great that you drive within the limits of traffic laws
I' ve never had a speeding ticket for at least the past 10 years, yet in that period, I' ve gone the equivalent of triple digits mph at least a dozen times on relatively lonely roads.
I am considered a better-than-average driver, but my record is not perfect. I've gotten a few red-light tickets over the years. One of those local cameras zapped me 3 or 4 years ago. It is difficult sometimes making a split-second decision when a light turns yellow and you are not sure if you have enough space to stop in time at the speed you're going.
One of them (a non-camera one) I beat in court on a combination of appeal and bargaining.
I do pay the lowest insurance rates for my driving class, though.

You apparantly have been lucky and never been hit with instant-on radar. Canada's fines, from what I understand, are quite a bit higher than here for traffic offenses.
Old 04-23-05, 07:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
IYou apparantly have been lucky and never been hit with instant-on radar. Canada's fines, from what I understand, are quite a bit higher than here for traffic offenses.
Yes, I think I' ve been lucky & I know how to pick my spots
I' ve only had a couple speeding tickets in my early driving years after I got my license, & has been clean after that, & I' ve never had a redlight ticket neither.
Old 04-23-05, 02:09 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tim hardaway

anyone remember him getting pulled over for 145 in a 55!!! in miami.
Old 04-24-05, 02:34 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Aren't there only a couple states, VA included, that have radar detectors illegal?
Old 04-24-05, 01:39 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Aren't there only a couple states, VA included, that have radar detectors illegal?

VA and DC from what i remember.
Old 04-24-05, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
VA and DC from what i remember.
Simple posession of one in VA is not necessarily illegal.....only if it is hooked up and in use. If so, it can be impounded by police....and police have electronic "detector-detectors" that can signal when one is in use.
Old 05-13-05, 07:02 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Chris Tucker Pleads Guilty to Speeding

May 12, 5:02 PM EST

The Associated Press

WARRENTON, Ga. -- Chris Tucker has pleaded guilty to speeding and eluding police during a brief car chase last month. The actor told authorities he didn't hear their sirens because he was on his way to church.

Tucker, 32, entered the pleas Tuesday in Warren County Probate Court and paid a fine of $6,999, court clerk Jeremy Moore said Thursday.

Tucker was driving a Bentley at 109 mph on Interstate 20 on April 17 when Georgia State Patrol troopers attempted to pull him over, Moore said. The speed limit on that stretch of road is 70 mph.

The pursuit lasted for about 10 miles before Tucker stopped, Moore said. Afterward, he told police he was traveling from Atlanta to Columbia, S.C., to go to church, Moore said. The drive is more than 200 miles.

The Atlanta native's movie credits include the "Rush Hour" series and "Jackie Brown." He hosted the 2002 MTV Movie Awards.
Old 05-13-05, 07:13 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They use a lot of Laser in GA so it very likely was not even radar. Secondly they do take you to the station for going over 100mph, they dont call it reckless driving though. Just anything over 100 requries a cash bond. If you have the cash you just pay the 500 -600 bond and go on your way untill your court date. If you dont have the cash you sit in there Iguess till you get it or go to court.

I alwyas was lucky and had the cash or at least an ATM card
Old 05-13-05, 10:34 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

meh thats not too bad.. only 109.... most of us have hit that speed at one time or another right?
Old 05-13-05, 10:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

7k fine is really nothing to him i guess

i am surprised they let him keep his license
Old 05-14-05, 12:12 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

7k for 109 mph is more then ridicoulous, I dont think Ill ever be caught in that state... Theyd probably nitpick for 5 mph!
Old 06-28-05, 05:40 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

here a VIDEO from his arrest.
Old 06-28-05, 07:13 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

What the hell!! 7K!!! For a speeding ticket. Atre they nuts. Sounds like the state taking advantage of Tuckers riches.
Old 06-28-05, 07:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
What the hell!! 7K!!! For a speeding ticket. Atre they nuts. Sounds like the state taking advantage of Tuckers riches.
who doesn't want money right?
Old 06-29-05, 09:02 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
I agree...that amount is completely excessive for a misdemeanor offense. My wife is a DA and you wouldn't believe all the wife beaters, hookers, larceny, DUI, petty theft, etc...people that get off with little more than summary probation...and all Tucker did was cruise at 109MPH on a lonely stretch of road in GA on his way to SC...this is why our court and law enforcement system is so F'd up....

I personally try to drive over the speed limit at least once per day...but that is hard in LA How else are you going to learn the nuances of your car if you don't take it to the extreme sometimes...it may save your life someday. Driving the speed limit all the time generally makes you a nuisance in LA and I believe that you should be ticketed for causing traffic and your license revoked…and I am sure Chris Tucker would agree

Quick Reply: Chris Tucker Arrested speeding in Bentley Coupe 109mph