Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes Benz B Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 06:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Mercedes Benz B Class

The B-Class first made its debut as the Compact Sport Tourer, and production models will be launched in Geneva. Based on the latest A-Class platform - with its 'sandwich floor' structure and compact installation of engine and transmission - the B has a longer wheelbase giving generous legroom for rear-seat passengers and a cabin as spacious as that of many larger saloons and estates.

source : channel4.com/4car

Looks like a nice little car
Old 04-22-05, 06:17 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

I argee Amethy! From what I have heard however, they are not going to bring the vehicle to the U.S. (Canada will get it however along with the Smart car that started up here 6+ months or so back). Reason being, Americans according to studies do not like the 'hatchback' type of vheicle nor are they huge fan's of station wagons (some call them 5 doors for god sake like that will make a difference!) & still prefer the SUV or crossover than this type of vehicle. It's a shame because some of these vehicles (including the B Class) are very practicle vehicles.
Old 04-22-05, 09:10 AM
LexFather

I mean, they are killing any prestige the brand has left. Why not have CHRYSLER attack this market? Why Benz? No thanks. And I do think it looks attractive from the outside (the interior is okay, nothing special).

And it will probably be sub-par in quality, as they have yet to prove they can turn that around,

Old 04-22-05, 09:12 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
I argee Amethy! From what I have heard however, they are not going to bring the vehicle to the U.S. (Canada will get it however along with the Smart car that started up here 6+ months or so back). Reason being, Americans according to studies do not like the 'hatchback' type of vheicle nor are they huge fan's of station wagons (some call them 5 doors for god sake like that will make a difference!) & still prefer the SUV or crossover than this type of vehicle. It's a shame because some of these vehicles (including the B Class) are very practicle vehicles.
NOOOO!!! Why do we have to get stuck with the ugly *** minivan thing(R-class), and yall get the cool looking car. Thats just horrible. In the previous threads, I always boasted how much I liked this car and how much I hated the R-class. There has to be more to this than just SUV corssover stuff. I mean, we have the Matrix, Vibe, PT Cruiser and others that are selling very very well. If it that was also the case, then we wouldnt have a 50K Pacifica(R-class) coming to the US. Maybe safety issues, not powerful enough, who knows, but I cant chalk it up to just being crossover SUV preference.
Old 04-22-05, 09:14 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I mean, they are killing any prestige the brand has left. Why not have CHRYSLER attack this market? Why Benz? No thanks. And I do think it looks attractive from the outside (the interior is okay, nothing special).

And it will probably be sub-par in quality, as they have yet to prove they can turn that around,
Maybe they think they can pull it off here in the US. Its been working in Europe for years now(that is selling low priced MB's). Heck, even BMW is falling subject to this with their 1-series. How horrible is that thing.
Old 04-22-05, 09:19 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see it has the same center console and steering wheel as the new ML.

It's gross!!!! But I wouldn't mind having one......I would drive it from teh garage to the mailbox.....or use it at the golf club.....it is a golf cart, isn't it?
Old 04-22-05, 09:49 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Looks kinda funky...like the Toyota Matrix hooked up with a Pontiac Vibe and had offsrping
Old 04-22-05, 11:41 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't mind if the 1-series, A-class, B-class, and smart car were brought over. I'd buy one of them for sure (and maybe eventually all of them, but not at the same time).