Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota not to increase price(breaking yesterdays price claim)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 01:07 AM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
UDel - love your posts man, but PLEASE put some line / paragraph breaks in there to make them readable!

Thanks.
well said...i love reading UDel's posts...but I'm distressed by the style of never-ending paragraphlessness which is quite a challange to my aging eyes...

how about trying
A
1 i), ii), iii)
B

etc
Old 04-29-05, 07:08 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
UDel - love your posts man, but PLEASE put some line / paragraph breaks in there to make them readable!

Thanks.
Come on old man...its not that bad is it?

J/K
Old 04-29-05, 08:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Come on old man...its not that bad is it?

J/K
Quiet or I'll whack you with my walking cane.
Old 04-29-05, 08:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
In the business world you cant be "friends" with anyone or any other rival company. Their job is to make profit and thats exactly what they are doing. Why in the world would they need to help out GM/ Ford? If i was Toyota, i wouldnt **** on them if they were on fire.
This line of thinking was OK in the auto industry of 20-30 years ago but no longer applies in today's highly global industry. Today just about everybody is connected to or owns a part of everybody else and vehicles are designed and built on common "world" platforms.

For example, look at the complex relationship between Ford, Land Rover, BMW, VW, Bentley, and Rolls-Royce. Over the last 10 years or so, it has been so complex that not even experienced buisnessmen and auto industry experts can figure it out.

Two others almost as complex are the one between GM, Saab, Subaru, and Isuzu and the one between Ford, Mazda, Kia, and Hyundai. There are many others as well.....you get the picture.
Old 04-29-05, 09:37 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
In the business world you cant be "friends" with anyone or any other rival company. Their job is to make profit and thats exactly what they are doing. Why in the world would they need to help out GM/ Ford? If i was Toyota, i wouldnt **** on them if they were on fire.
I agree in the business world it's cut throat. The only time I can see two separate companys working together is when they join forces in a joint venture. But then again it's all about PROFIT.

If I had a company I would want to be conscoius about my customers whether I'm charging a reasonable price for my products or services. I would also be considerate about the environment because without earth we and our future ancestors could not enjoy life as we know it on this planet. I think Toyota is doing just that. I know there are many factors to be and stay in business and you can only please some of the people some of the time and you can't please all people all the time.
Old 04-29-05, 01:46 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Alright guys I got the message. My posts usaully end up being alot longer then I intended and the tab button does not work so I usaully don't bother with the spaces but I'll work at making them easier to read. At least you guys said you liked reading my posts
Old 05-02-05, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Alright guys I got the message. My posts usaully end up being alot longer then I intended and the tab button does not work so I usaully don't bother with the spaces but I'll work at making them easier to read. At least you guys said you liked reading my posts
oh of course we do, but i have to say it was indeed a bit painful