Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus-only parking lots?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 04:14 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Atlanta Braves's Turner Field has the Lexus lot for almost 2 years now and its across from the main entrance. Lexus also has Lexus's level at the Turner field with all the sweets, bars and restaurant on the third level just behind the home place.

Once a year, all of the Lexus dealerships around Atl will take turn and throw in a party with live band, b-b-q, cook out at the Lexus lot. All the Lexus owners that park their cars at this lot will get free food, drink, listen to the live band and some raffles before going into the game. They usually do this kind of even on Sunday game and start the cook out around 11 a.m before the afternoon game. I went there last year and I had a great time.
Old 04-27-05, 09:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Well I know they would......it's sort of like what my ex told me when he let me drive his 96 GS (it was the first lexus I had ever driven, and it was in 96).....be careful on the street while driving, people aren't going to want to let you merge or let you into traffic, and the only reason is because it's a Lexus......and he was right.
hahha, that's tough man, but sometimes it's true. sometimes people just choose to taunt you for no resaon
Old 04-28-05, 06:06 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by enigma354
Saw this in the latest Lexus magazine today...in Atlanta by the Braves' stadium there is a parking lot reserved for Lexus vehicles...supposed to be a test for possible future Lexus-reserved parking lots in the future.
Any pics of the lot or sign?
Old 04-28-05, 08:19 AM
LexFather

Yes, its very true, the spot is right across the entrance, a perfect spot
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=braves

When I had the hookup on corporate tickets, the corporate level was the LEXUS level, with cars inside to Lexus napkins
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=braves

Also at Atlanta's premium mall, Phipps Plaza during Dec/Jan, if you had a Lexus, you could valet for free.

Old 04-28-05, 08:43 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

That'll win over fans. "look at that ***** getting reserved free special parking because of his lexus, let's key it".

Old 04-28-05, 09:46 AM
LexFather

Well I think its a great thing. These are nice luxury perks that help seperate Tier 1 luxury companies. I am 100% positive BMW/Benz/Porsche do similar things.

Old 04-28-05, 11:42 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Any pics of the lot or sign?

Sorry, there was no pic in the magazine, just a short blurb. And I HAVE encountered times where drivers (of cheaper cars) wouldn't let me merge or turn onto the street...and I wondered was it because they saw it was a Lexus?

And, there is the ever-present fear of being keyed, ever since it happened to our 1989 S-class some years back in a public park.
Old 04-28-05, 12:53 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Sorry, there was no pic in the magazine, just a short blurb. And I HAVE encountered times where drivers (of cheaper cars) wouldn't let me merge or turn onto the street...and I wondered was it because they saw it was a Lexus?

And, there is the ever-present fear of being keyed, ever since it happened to our 1989 S-class some years back in a public park.
I didn't know waht he was talking about...but i quickely found out. People are still nasty to me when I drive the Lex or our ML.....they don't want to let me in....but when I drive the GS, I don't worry abou tit...cuz they have trouble keeping and catching up.....so I scoot right on into whatever spot i want.