Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My Recent Car Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 06:08 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Recent Car Wreck

Driving home from Mt High in Wrightwood, CA, after snowboarding, I somehow lost control of my car off Highway 2 at 60 mph. I went str8 off down the slope into the terrain, then flipped it many times. I dont recall ever braking because it all happened too quick. My simple explanation is that I was probably driving to far to the right and it went off pavement. Im a pretty experience mountain driver so crashing for no reason doesnt make much sense.

Only thing I remember was that I heard loud booms, then flipped couple times, glass shattering allover, and airbags deploying. I think I was momentarily knocked the **** out. I can hardly remember anything thing from the point before the crash til near my release from the eR at the end. It was soo unreal and I was shocked that I came out in one piece after I realized what had happened. Next thing I vaguely remember was that I realized my car is upside down and that I must get outI somehow because it might catch on fire. I crawled out through the window, ran up the hill towards the road and tried to flag down any motorists without bothering to assesss the damage.

Fortunately, there was a good samaritan - A lady n her son who was boarding up there. I vaguely remember some other snowboarders stopping by to say that I shoud realize how really lucky I was and that I should stop *****ing about my car being wrecked. THey thought I was totally incoherent and disoriented and suspected that I sustained a brain injury. They went back to my car and got my boarding jacket n pants andkeys from the car. Afterwards they took me to the firestation.

Next thing I remember is that I was in the ambulance then eR room in Colton with ivy tubes in my left arm. Then out of nowhere, a CHP officer appeared and asked me questions and gave me a breathlyzer test. I was later released that night to my parents after cat scans and xrays came out good. I got minor cuts, a concussion, and a whiplash. I only got liability for the Cavalier

The only good, aside from me not bein seriously hurt, that came out of this is that because of this crash, Im now buying an SC300.
Before

Old 05-03-05, 06:09 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

After

Update:This is almost exactly what happened to me

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/050605_nw_pursuit.html

This is kinda trippy when I saw this video on the news today. It was kind of like a reenactment of what happened to me. That guy ran off the slope of a similar incline , went as far I did down it, and sustained similar damage to his truck. Mine landed on its top with the motor still running. Fortunately I did wore a seat belt unlike the passenger of that truck; he was ejected. The spot of my accident was scattered with random belongings of mine.

Last edited by xknowonex; 05-07-05 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-03-05, 06:17 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that really sucks
Old 05-03-05, 06:20 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Holy Moly!
Look at that car!
Dude be glad you were able to walk away from that crash. Your injuries could have been much much worse. Happy that you are going to be okay.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 05-03-05 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-03-05, 06:39 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see that you are OK...

On the positive side, you didn't crash a lexus....its one less piece of ***** on the road.

Look at this as a blessing in disguise, you can now buy a LEXUS!
Old 05-03-05, 06:40 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

God damn! You got knocked the **** out!
Old 05-03-05, 07:25 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Glad to see that you are OK...

On the positive side, you didn't crash a lexus....its one less piece of ***** on the road.

Look at this as a blessing in disguise, you can now buy a LEXUS!
My Cavalier wasnt that bad. It had pretty much all highway miles. I only replaced a leaky fuel press regulator since I bought it. It idles like a new car even at 125k miles. The motor-mounts and bushings needed replacing though.
Old 05-03-05, 07:53 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

glad u r ok. why does that back tire look like it blew out?
Old 05-03-05, 07:55 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I think it did blow out. I didnt get to see the tire til I went to the yard to retrieve my stereo.
Old 05-03-05, 08:11 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those Cavaliers are deathtraps, just be lucky you are alive. I think you lost control from a blown tire, judging from the right rear wheel.

And good luck on finding a SC300
Old 05-03-05, 08:24 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default no joke

i say my blessings every time i drive. When I was in my car wreck, Its a scary thing, I have a two less disc's in my back, and a carbon cage..wicked reminder glad your good to go!!
Old 05-03-05, 08:26 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks to hear that man... My fiance drives a cavalier and from what i know, they dont hold up all that good in wrecks, but obviously they do since you made it out in one piece. Good like with the SC300 purchase
Old 05-03-05, 08:28 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

WOW. glad to hear no1 got hurt.
Old 05-03-05, 09:50 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

How are the crash ratings on the Lexus SC? Im sure its up there since they weigh alot for its size. Yea, when I saw the airbags deploying, I immediately thought that the its going to front s going to crumble into my passenger compartment or something. Miraculously I sustained just scratches despite wearing boardshorts and having to crawl out the driver side window when the car is upside down. There were so much glass in there and it was a big problem when we went back to the car to take out the stereo
Old 05-03-05, 09:51 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
God damn! You got knocked the **** out!
Totally, I was extremely disoriented afterwards for a couple hours. Felt like I was sedated

Quick Reply: My Recent Car Wreck