Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Look at what I saw at the dealership today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 07:49 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo2828
It is still a FORD. P.O.S. (Piece of ****) FORD (Found On Road Dead)
FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily)
FORD (F'd Over Rebuit Dodge)
Old 05-05-05, 09:52 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 grand for some painted racing stripes?
Old 05-05-05, 10:00 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh please, I dont care if its a Ford, this car is badass. Period. 130K gets you a limited edition supercar that can run with and beat some of the best super cars out. This car deserves a lot of credit. Give credit where credit is due.

I however dont agree with the stereo option which most of yall pointed out. 4 grand for a stereo better give me something 20 times better than a Mark Levinson system.

Last edited by magneto112; 05-05-05 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-05-05, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
or maybe they are just vinyl tape....
Old 05-05-05, 12:39 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
or maybe they are just vinyl tape....
It'd better add at least 20hp to the car to be worth the premium.
Old 05-05-05, 12:43 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
You have to consider that it's the most reliable part of the car.
Old 05-05-05, 01:01 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rheiy
LOL, sooo true
Old 05-05-05, 04:46 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL you know they are going to peel off in a week
Old 05-05-05, 07:15 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
Oh please, I dont care if its a Ford, this car is badass. Period. 130K gets you a limited edition supercar that can run with and beat some of the best super cars out. This car deserves a lot of credit. Give credit where credit is due.

I however dont agree with the stereo option which most of yall pointed out. 4 grand for a stereo better give me something 20 times better than a Mark Levinson system.
It might be a super car but it's still a ford. Here's a little something I saw on blueoval.com:

"Ford Motor Company has hit the "lucky seven" mark with their Ford GT - seven product recalls/advisories since the GT's launch in June 2004 that is. Confirming an earlier BlueOvalNews newsbrief, Ford Motor Company has acknowledged that Ford GT engines may contain a defective rear engine crankshaft main seal (rear main seal). The information was originally leaked to BlueOvalNews by a Roush source. In addition to the engine problem, BlueOvalNews has learned that Ford will also inspect all Ford GTs for defective seat belts.

Ford dealerships will inspect GTs for engine oil leaks when the vehicles are returned to perform a slew of advisories, including a suspension safety recall. Should a GT's engine exhibit a rear main seal leak, the dealer will remove the transmission, install a new seal, retainer and speedi-sleeve on the crankshaft.

Finally, Ford will instruct dealers to inspect the entire length of both driver and passenger seat belts for any "blemishes, marks or imperfections." Should either seat belt exhibit such conditions, Ford will replace the seat belt(s).

The latest advisories are certain to **** off GT owners who were told by Ford this past December "not to drive their vehicle under any circumstances." Ford GT owners will without a doubt, not be overjoyed about having their vehicles possibly taken apart for seven repairs that could range from engine, fuel, coolant, interior to suspension repairs.

Here is a list of Ford GT recalls and notices:
Defective chassis/suspension component recall.
Fuel / emission recall.
Power steering oil leak.
Rattle from upper steering column.
Engine crankshaft oil leak.
Engine coolant leak
Seat belt replacement.

Ford special service questions: 1.800.325.5621
Ford SVT info. center: 1.800.367.3788
Ford claims information: 1.800.423.8851"

IMHO, the ford gt is nothing short of a 130k piece of junk
Old 05-05-05, 11:54 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
It'd better add at least 20hp to the car to be worth the premium.
chip, pulley, and exhaust prolly add around 100-150... is that ok?
Old 05-06-05, 12:19 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Junk car.......
Old 05-06-05, 02:52 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo2828
It is still a FORD. P.O.S. (Piece of ****) FORD (Found On Road Dead)
Its ok to be jealous of a FAR superior performing car then you own.

Seriously, its like sometimes import sites, are the total opposite of the american car sites that sit around and thrash import cars, then they cry when a certain 3 liter motor can produce twice the hp on a stock bottom end, then their big blocks can.

And if you want to be fair, you should see some of the recalls some of the ... more "prestigious" supercars have. I just dislike bias based on brand loyalty alone, if i were to put toyota badges on it everyone here would be nutting all over it.

Last edited by Inabj2; 05-06-05 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-06-05, 08:25 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

It might be a super car but it's still a ford. Here's a little something I saw on blueoval.com:

"Ford Motor Company has hit the "lucky seven" mark with their Ford GT - seven product recalls/advisories since the GT's launch in June 2004 that is. Confirming an earlier BlueOvalNews newsbrief, Ford Motor Company has acknowledged that Ford GT engines may contain a defective rear engine crankshaft main seal (rear main seal). The information was originally leaked to BlueOvalNews by a Roush source. In addition to the engine problem, BlueOvalNews has learned that Ford will also inspect all Ford GTs for defective seat belts.

Ford dealerships will inspect GTs for engine oil leaks when the vehicles are returned to perform a slew of advisories, including a suspension safety recall. Should a GT's engine exhibit a rear main seal leak, the dealer will remove the transmission, install a new seal, retainer and speedi-sleeve on the crankshaft.

Finally, Ford will instruct dealers to inspect the entire length of both driver and passenger seat belts for any "blemishes, marks or imperfections." Should either seat belt exhibit such conditions, Ford will replace the seat belt(s).

The latest advisories are certain to **** off GT owners who were told by Ford this past December "not to drive their vehicle under any circumstances." Ford GT owners will without a doubt, not be overjoyed about having their vehicles possibly taken apart for seven repairs that could range from engine, fuel, coolant, interior to suspension repairs.

Here is a list of Ford GT recalls and notices:
Defective chassis/suspension component recall.
Fuel / emission recall.
Power steering oil leak.
Rattle from upper steering column.
Engine crankshaft oil leak.
Engine coolant leak
Seat belt replacement.

Ford special service questions: 1.800.325.5621
Ford SVT info. center: 1.800.367.3788
Ford claims information: 1.800.423.8851"

IMHO, the ford gt is nothing short of a 130k piece of junk
See thats what I mean. Of course the car is going to have some problems. The damn engine is running at its highest potential right now. Its a race car for the street. What 100K exotic car do you know of that doesnt have problems?? Heck people are spending upwards of 400K on cars like this, and are still suffering from problems just like what you listed. So guess what, they spend 300K more for______(your favorite brand here) plus they pay a premium to get it fixed. A majority of people that buy cars like this probably owned Ferraris, Lambos Porsches which all suffer from there fair share of recalls, blown engines, etc., so most of them know what to expect if something goes wrong.

Basically, dont knock it till you try it, and give credit where credit is due. Heck even if you go to exotic car forums you will notice that peope who actually own Lambos and Ferraris are respecting and praising the GT. Not because of whats on the front, but because of its potential, and its potential to smoke there beloved 300K more Italian car brand. If we can actually look pass the brand name or what yall call a POS Ford, then you would actually notice that the car is argueably one of the best supercars on the market today, for price and performance. Looks of course are very subjective, but dont think its not a attention getter, like every other exotic car.
Old 05-06-05, 08:30 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by Inabj2
I just dislike bias based on brand loyalty alone, if i were to put toyota badges on it everyone here would be nutting all over it.
WERD!!! I love reliable cars too(who doesnt), but damn, come on people. Yall got to be smarter than that.
Old 05-06-05, 08:35 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
I just dislike bias based on brand loyalty alone, if i were to put toyota badges on it everyone here would be nutting all over it.
When it works, it works

Quick Reply: Look at what I saw at the dealership today!!!