Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Geico add.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-05, 09:56 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how bias people can be about something they love…..

Plain and simple, they are limiting their risk as much as they can because they are a business, and to put it bluntly, kids are just plain stupid.

Parents are often clueless, or out of touch…. Go ask the guy in the cube next to you and see if he knows’s what drifting is….. I can tell you no one in my office does…..

Why get mad for them looking after their business, helping protect kids from hurting themselves or MOST importantly hurting someone else…..
Old 05-06-05, 10:08 AM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
not sure what you're trying to convey here.
nothing really except the fact that it is true that parents have no clue about their kids cars. I am saying "Go-Speed-Racer" as a joke saying that most kids think they are "speed-racer" and puts in mods to go a lot faster. I being a young adult as of the age of 19 know how clueless a lot of parents of my friends are. My friends parents have tons of money and they don't ask questions. It is all about responsibility when you have a car. I am personally insured by gangster *** Triple A and my car is under my name and is 3005 grand a year and I am only 19 with a perfect record. I think that Geico is trying to do way 2 much though...

- Nizhu
Old 05-06-05, 10:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000gs300
Hello Mmarshall.
What kind of insurance would you suggest for a cash-purchased 01 solara convertible?
I'm with flipside on GEICO. I've been with them since 1982 wih NO complaints....in spite of all the gripes you see in the forums here. My experience is they have close to the lowest rates if not THE lowest among major companies. They DO tend to be picky about who they take, though, but get in and they treat you like a king. They operate around the clock...365 days a year...and never close. You can sign up over the phone...they do not have agents and that helps keep their costs down.
Give them a call at 1-800-841-3000 for a free rate quote anytime...day or night.
Here is their web site: http://www.geico.com/
Be sure to tell them your car has dual air bags, ABS, an anti-theft system ( you mentioned you might get LOJACK ) , if your driving record is clean for at least 5 years, and if you are a Federal GS-12 employee or above.... discounts are given for all of that. One word of caution, though..if you mod the car, you might pay a little more....depending on the equipment type and expense.

Southern California varies quite a bit in its neighborhoods and the general rate of car theft from one place to another....so premiums will probably vary quite a bit too depending on exactly where you live or work.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-06-05 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-06-05, 11:46 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
. . .Be sure to tell them your car has dual air bags, ABS, an anti-theft system ( you mentioned you might get LOJACK ) , if your driving record is clean for at least 5 years, and if you are a Federal GS-12 employee or above.... discounts are given for all of that. One word of caution, though..if you mod the car, you might pay a little more....depending on the equipment type and expense.

Southern California varies quite a bit in its neighborhoods and the general rate of car theft from one place to another....so premiums will probably vary quite a bit too depending on exactly where you live or work.
Good points, mm!

Unhappy with your insurance premium? Remember that those PI attorneys hawking that thinly-disguised "get rich" pitch on TV are not your friends when it comes to insurance premiums. Once in a while they wrangle a big settlement, one third to one half of which they ordinarily keep. Don't cry for the poor "victim" whose actual payday is only a portion of that settlement. Feel good for the local MB dealer who has a new target in his sights - another PI Shylock with pockets full of fresh cash.

Blame the kid who wrecked his M3 to get the down for a Bentley, or the malingerers collecting on minor or non-existent injuries, or the lady who dumped her McD's coffee in her lap. If they are not being rewarded with a big settlement, they’re getting a slap on the wrist. Hey folks, it’s called theft!

Some insurers have only themselves to blame for these losses. Rather than fight some of these incredibly outrageous claims, they roll over . . . just because it's cheaper to write a check than fight. Where are these guys when the insurance industry is crying about costs? Probably down at the jailhouse visiting their consciences . . .