Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Zaroot Concept

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-05 | 06:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Nissan Zaroot Concept

Being shown for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show, the Zaroot is Nissan’s vision of how sporty SUVs could look in the future. It combines traditional SUV values - and a serious off-road ability - with futuristic, sporty styling that marks it out as something different.

Retaining the traditional design cues of an SUV, the Zaroot’s appearance is squared-off, solid and tough looking. It implies strength and security - yet combines these familiar themes with something a little different - a pair of gullwing doors.

The doors dominate Zaroot’s profile, extending from the A-pillar to the rear of the passenger compartment, effectively where the C-pillar would be in a conventional vehicle. There is no B-pillar.

If the pentagonal doors define the character of Zaroot, the ‘arch graphic’ roof line continues a design theme that has featured on virtually all recent Nissan design concepts. Together they bring increased sporting prowess to an area of the market which hitherto has been seen as little more than utilitarian.

Front and rear styling also adds a futuristic twist to a conventional shape. Zaroot’s bluff nose ensures minimum front overhangs and incorporates Nissan’s now familiar double strut grille, though the unusual vertical headlamp cluster brings an almost technical feel to Zaroot’s ‘face’.

"no one has any idea about things like wheel size, projected engine size or power ratings. In essence, the only thing people outside of Nissan even know about the Zaroot is the fact that it has gullwing doors.

Nissan really wants to take a huge share of the youth market. Its other concepts, such as the Sport Concept, are rumored to be blatant attempts to steal some of Scion's thunder. Right now, there are rumors floating around that Nissan is looking at putting production versions of some of these concept cars into showrooms in the near future.

As I said about Nissan's other concepts, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Zaroot-looking SUV on the streets sometime in the near future. Of course, the gullwing doors would never make it into production, and I really can't see Nissan keeping the Zaroot name. Still, it's a cool concept, and it's one I'd like to see put into production. "

source : cars.ign.com/articles
Old 05-11-05 | 09:12 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

pretty cool concept but i wouldnt rock it.
Old 05-11-05 | 09:13 AM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

I like the doors, but what the hell is wrong with the way the front looks?
Old 05-11-05 | 10:20 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Very interesting...

I actually saw something similar while in Paris at Renault...which doesn't suprise me.
Old 05-11-05 | 10:23 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Looks painful
Old 05-11-05 | 10:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

It has that interesting cheap Nissan design flavor. But I do have ot admit, It's alot more better looking than the Honda Element.
Old 05-11-05 | 01:23 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
It has that interesting cheap Nissan design flavor. But I do have ot admit, It's alot more better looking than the Honda Element.
I'm gonna agree with you on both of those comments. However, I think the name should be changed and the doors need to be rethought. How well would they open if say, you were in a tight parking spot?

But as with most outlandish concepts, this will probably receive a significant "toning down" before it goes anywhere near production.

James
Old 05-11-05 | 02:47 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

This actually looks pretty cool...
Old 05-11-05 | 05:43 PM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
I like the doors, but what the hell is wrong with the way the front looks?
The Toyota FTJ Cruiser has a front much like that.
Old 05-11-05 | 05:44 PM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by jet864
I'm gonna agree with you on both of those comments. However, I think the name should be changed and the doors need to be rethought. How well would they open if say, you were in a tight parking spot?

But as with most outlandish concepts, this will probably receive a significant "toning down" before it goes anywhere near production.

James
Yea the name sounds like a fart.
ZAROOOOOOOOT... ooops pardon...
Old 05-11-05 | 05:56 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

The more important question, I think, is - how well would those doors open with what would surely be minimal engineering and manufacturing investment from Nissan?

I imagine a crunching noise and mad leakage.

M.
Old 05-11-05 | 06:01 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whipimpin
The more important question, I think, is - how well would those doors open with what would surely be minimal engineering and manufacturing investment from Nissan?

I imagine a crunching noise and mad leakage.

M.
Still a little upset about the Sentra?

What happened with that anyways?

James
Old 05-11-05 | 06:05 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Still a little upset about the Sentra?

What happened with that anyways?

James
Ha ...

I don't want to hijack - but I've got an appointment tomorrow to get it square in the ... I mean, to speak with a service "advisor" regarding the problems I've been having.

I'm sure it'll be expensive. Everthing seems to break at once - I just hope my drivetrain holds together for several more years now that it's no longer covered (as of 5 miles ago).

M.
Old 05-11-05 | 07:01 PM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

I think it is ready for its moon landing now.
Old 05-11-05 | 07:11 PM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Just noticed the windows...
Ummm can someone say Subie SVX?

Quick Reply: Nissan Zaroot Concept