Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan's Scion Fighters

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 01:48 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Nissan's Scion Fighters

Well it seem that Nissan has taken notice to the Scion brand's success. Every manufacturer doubted Toyota when they announced they would launch the youth-oriented brand . Now,Nissan wants a part of that market and will soon release 2 vehicles to compete with Scion,though they will remain Nissan badged. They released the Azeal at the North American International Autoshow and most recently, The Sport concept. Do you guys think they will put a dent in Toyota's profits? I personally don't care to much for the Azeal,the coupe styling doesn't work in a vehicle this small. The Sport Concept has great potential and looks fantastic in my opinion .

Post your thoughts

Nissan Azeal,Turbocharged Inline-4 (concept) 6-Speed manual

Nissan Sport Concept

Last edited by robloc93; 05-12-05 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 01:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I dont like the first one at all. It looks like an ugly tC. I do however like the Sport Concept. Very European in design and has a Sport Clio look to it (I guess parent compant Renault had a lot to do with that design). They should produce that.

Ohh, I also hate the xB look a like too.

Last edited by magneto112; 05-12-05 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 01:50 PM
LexFather

I think its a good move for Nissan, their image is sportier than Toyota so they don't need to have a seperate brand which is good and bad. Its good as they don't have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars setting up a franchise. And I just hope the production car does not look like that pic
(threads now merged)
The white car is nothing more than a rebadged Renualt......

Old 05-12-05, 01:51 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think its a good move for Nissan, their image is sportier than Toyota so they don't need to have a seperate brand which is good and bad. Its good as they don't have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars setting up a franchise. And I just hope the production car does not look like that pic
can you please merge this one with the other one Sic I accidently submitted before I posted all the pics
Old 05-12-05, 01:55 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
I dont like the first one at all. It looks like an ugly tC. I do however like the Sport Concept. Very European in design and has a Sport Clio look to it (I guess parent compant Renault had a lot to do with that design). They should produce that.

Ohh, I also hate the xB look a like too.
Oh how could I forget the Cube
I really don't like it either It seems as if they are copying all three vehicles from Scion
Old 05-12-05, 04:55 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unoriginal...
Very...
Old 05-12-05, 04:58 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw that sport concept at the NY Auto Show like 2 months ago and it looked pretty good. Caught my attention for sure. I like the little carbon fiber accents on the front and rear bumpers
Old 05-12-05, 05:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by robloc93
I really don't like it either It seems as if they are copying all three vehicles from Scion
I saw it in person this January & took this pic, not the prettiest but a cute little car :

Old 05-12-05, 05:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by robloc93

No...the Cube has been on sale in Japan for some time now. It is not just a hurriedly-designed clone of the xB. Nissan marketers have been carefully watching the xB's sales to determine if there is a good enough market here in the U.S. for the Cube. Apparantly there is.
Old 05-12-05, 07:42 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've said this before - but I think if Nissan produced this car with a SR20DET powerplant, a decent tranny, and AWD - people would flip over it.

Of course, to make the line profitable they'd have to have lower trim levels - but I think the above described trim would stir up a lot of excitement in the auto world - especially mags.

M.
Old 05-12-05, 09:49 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No...the Cube has been on sale in Japan for some time now. It is not just a hurriedly-designed clone of the xB. Nissan marketers have been carefully watching the xB's sales to determine if there is a good enough market here in the U.S. for the Cube. Apparantly there is.
What came first the bB or the Cube? Didn't Daihatsu make a box thing even before the bB? Daihatsu being a subsidiary of Toyota.
Old 05-12-05, 09:55 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by Koma
What came first the bB or the Cube? Didn't Daihatsu make a box thing even before the bB? Daihatsu being a subsidiary of Toyota.
bB- 1999
Cube- 1998
Daihatsu Move (first boxy one)-????
The 1st gen Move- 1995 but it doesn't really look like the bB or Cube
Naked- 1999

Last edited by Koma; 05-12-05 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 10:08 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

The little white one is going to be based on a renault so Euro influence is always welcomed in my book
Old 05-12-05, 11:58 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

it would be a very good move for nissan. it would be a really nice if nissan can offer something that would compete with scion. i would love to see them, personally.
Old 05-13-05, 12:55 AM
LexFather

I actually think the Cube is pretty sweet.

Quick Reply: Nissan's Scion Fighters