Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 Honda 745Li Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 04:27 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
it is funny because...

at my BMW dealership in Torrance there is a

BMW xB

They use white Scion xB's as their transportation cars, and they replaced the scion badges with BMW badges.
Wow...a dealership doing this. So that its customers can't complain why they aren't getting a BMW as a loaner car?
Old 05-17-05, 04:43 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

BMW on Honda The guy may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but at least the rear end of the car looks better than the real 745
Old 05-17-05, 04:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rheiy
BMW on Honda The guy may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but at least the rear end of the car looks better than the real 745

hahahaaha a

good one
Old 05-17-05, 04:53 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
That fact that he is or isn't handicapped has nothing to do with this.
Gotta disagree....It's got everything to do with this, it's the oldest tricks used by bullies. Pick on the weakest prey cuz your chance of getting away is almost guaranteed. In this case, pick on a handicap person especially when the predator is a fat bastard(see reflection on the rear of accord). Fool knows that if he tried this same stunt with someone who isn't handicap, His fatazz can't run fast enough and will end up getting beat.

What troubles me is how someone could disrespect themselve so much by allowing themselves to be that overweight to begin with, yet still has the ***** to go around praying on handicapers. This dudes facial reaction in the reflection looked like he's a pro, almost as if he belongs to some ricebasher paparazi syndicates.

Also, this appears to be a well equiped upper model accord that probably cost him like $25K.
You can get a great pre-owned BMW for that money.
BMW's have heavy and unfriendly doors. The ones that can be had for 25K are way too small and very hard to get in and out that's why dude didn't slap on a 323emblem but a 745. BWM interior also have hard plastics with sharp edges, very unfriendly for handicappers. Not to mention the financial problems pre-owned BMWs will cause a handicap person. I'm sure this dude has already looked at his situation carefully and realize that Honda is the way to go even if he really desires a BMW.

Or maybe he was just trying to show everyone that both accord and 7series have ugly azzes and no matter what emblem goes on it, it won't look any better.
Old 05-17-05, 04:58 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Make it stop! for the love of god make it stop!
Old 05-17-05, 05:43 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

WTF...what a homo
Old 05-17-05, 08:33 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
it is funny because...

at my BMW dealership in Torrance there is a

BMW xB

They use white Scion xB's as their transportation cars, and they replaced the scion badges with BMW badges.
I guess they needed to stock a few vehicles they could depend on.
Old 05-17-05, 08:51 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Gotta disagree....It's got everything to do with this, it's the oldest tricks used by bullies. Pick on the weakest prey cuz your chance of getting away is almost guaranteed. In this case, pick on a handicap person especially when the predator is a fat bastard(see reflection on the rear of accord). Fool knows that if he tried this same stunt with someone who isn't handicap, His fatazz can't run fast enough and will end up getting beat.

What troubles me is how someone could disrespect themselve so much by allowing themselves to be that overweight to begin with, yet still has the ***** to go around praying on handicapers. This dudes facial reaction in the reflection looked like he's a pro, almost as if he belongs to some ricebasher paparazi syndicates.
Do you think the photo taker was trying to make fun of the owner? Without seeing the original discussion of the pic (on whatever forum this originated on), the "fat bastard" sure got the owner's cooperation. He got interior pics and the guy (who I can only assume to be the owner) to pose with the car.

From the pics alone, it just looks to me like someone being proud of what they did, decided to take pics (with help) , and post them on the net. Little did they know, there will be discussions of this type about the car. For the most part, the feedback here is on the car, not the individual and a number of the replies came before the revelation of the owner's condition. Still, I don't think it should have bearing on the opinions of the car. If it was tacky before people knew he was handicap, it is still tacky after the knowledge.
Old 05-17-05, 09:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Do you think the photo taker was trying to make fun of the owner? Without seeing the original discussion of the pic (on whatever forum this originated on), the "fat bastard" sure got the owner's cooperation. He got interior pics and the guy (who I can only assume to be the owner) to pose with the car.

From the pics alone, it just looks to me like someone being proud of what they did, decided to take pics (with help) , and post them on the net. Little did they know, there will be discussions of this type about the car. For the most part, the feedback here is on the car, not the individual and a number of the replies came before the revelation of the owner's condition. Still, I don't think it should have bearing on the opinions of the car. If it was tacky before people knew he was handicap, it is still tacky after the knowledge.
amen..... i totally agree with that
Old 05-17-05, 09:27 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I will never understand why people rebadge their cars as something else. I guess they dont realize how horrible it looks to everyone else
Old 05-17-05, 09:35 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
Maybe he's trying to impress girls who have no knowledge about cars??? I mean, I bet it'll work.

Her: this guy I'm dating is driving a BMW
Her girlfriend: Really? That's cool. BMWs are expensive. Any idea which model he's driving?
Her: Not too sure, but I think it's starts with the number 7 and ends with Li or something
Her girlfriend: Oh, I think I know the one you're talking about.....it has 4 doors and it looks weird, awkward like, right?
Her: Yeah, it does look pretty weird.
Her girlfriend: Does it have this little stick in the middle between the front seats, I think it's called IDrive or something
Her: Yeah! It does. He uses it a lot when he parks and reverses.
I could sooooo beleive that.
Old 05-17-05, 10:04 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Wait...you mean you guys would make fun of me if I were to rebadge a Hyundai Tiburon as a Porsche 911?!? But man, they look so similar.
Old 05-17-05, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I will never understand why people rebadge their cars as something else. I guess they dont realize how horrible it looks to everyone else
maybe he feels ashamed of owning a honda?
Old 05-17-05, 10:25 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Neo

Exactly

Not trying to put salt on the wound here, but let's put the handicap aside. As a matter of fact, let's put the owner out of the picture. Now what? Would it still be considered tacky?

No offense to anyone out there, but just b/c this person is handicapped doesn't mean he's immune to stupidity or can get away with certain things.

I don't think it's right to fool a naive person this is a bmw etc etc etc. Just like that Lorinser Edition GS that was sold on ebay
Old 05-17-05, 10:34 PM
Trexus

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
Maybe he's trying to impress girls who have no knowledge about cars??? I mean, I bet it'll work.

Her: this guy I'm dating is driving a BMW
Her girlfriend: Really? That's cool. BMWs are expensive. Any idea which model he's driving?
Her: Not too sure, but I think it's starts with the number 7 and ends with Li or something
Her girlfriend: Oh, I think I know the one you're talking about.....it has 4 doors and it looks weird, awkward like, right?
Her: Yeah, it does look pretty weird.
Her girlfriend: Does it have this little stick in the middle between the front seats, I think it's called IDrive or something
Her: Yeah! It does. He uses it a lot when he parks and reverses.

That's classic, I was busting up when I read this.

Quick Reply: 2006 Honda 745Li Accord