Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 Honda 745Li Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 11:03 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think he bought those BMW badges or stole him.....(ah yes, somewhere....there is a BMW Accord driving around, the owner probably has not even noticed).
Old 05-18-05, 12:05 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

This is the absolute worse I've seen...
Old 05-18-05, 04:14 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
Do you think the photo taker was trying to make fun of the owner? Without seeing the original discussion of the pic (on whatever forum this originated on), the "fat bastard" sure got the owner's cooperation. He got interior pics and the guy (who I can only assume to be the owner) to pose with the car.

From the pics alone, it just looks to me like someone being proud of what they did, decided to take pics (with help) , and post them on the net. Little did they know, there will be discussions of this type about the car. For the most part, the feedback here is on the car, not the individual and a number of the replies came before the revelation of the owner's condition. Still, I don't think it should have bearing on the opinions of the car. If it was tacky before people knew he was handicap, it is still tacky after the knowledge.
Pretty good detective work, but I think my conspiracy theory also hold it's own equally well. How? Cuz no one really knows the truth. We're all just speculating on a few picture. It's not that hard to get people to allow you to take pictures of their vehicles interior. For all we know, the "fat bastard" could be the owner as he looked the more handicapped. Everyone else bash the owner whom they assumed to be the asian(phillipino) lookin dude and I bash the sneaky fat white dude in the reflection. Asians = Rice and Whites don't like rice. That's why this ricebashing thing will never end. Sure, there are holes in my theory, but I'll stick by it til someone can prove me wrong beyond a reasonable doubt.

What I can't figure out however is why ONLY my post netted a moderator response. So wassup? You equally sensitive to this topic?
Old 05-18-05, 04:23 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I will never understand why people rebadge their cars as something else. I guess they dont realize how horrible it looks to everyone else
That's what the Japanese thought too when Toyota rebadges Toyota vehicles as Lexus, but Americans love it. They wouldn't pay 50K for a Toyota, but they'll pay more for an unknown name like Lexus. Americans also bought a ton of GEO prism, Trackers, Storms, Stealth/Talons. Guess we're a land of Ricers? If the manufacturers can't provide the desire models, we'll rebadge it ourselves.
Old 05-18-05, 04:50 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
on. Asians = Rice and Whites don't like rice. That's why this ricebashing thing will never end. Sure, there are holes in my theory, but I'll stick by it til someone can prove me wrong beyond a reasonable doubt.

What I can't figure out however is why ONLY my post netted a moderator response. So wassup? You equally sensitive to this topic?

whites dont like Rice

what the hell was going thru your head when you wrote this

i never really understood the whole race thing when it comes to poorly modded cars

i have seen all walks of life bastardize cars and the last thing on my mind

when i see these cars is that the driver must be asian

please tell me how you came up with racist statement ?
Old 05-18-05, 04:53 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what the Japanese thought too when Toyota rebadges Toyota vehicles as Lexus, but Americans love it. They wouldn't pay 50K for a Toyota, but they'll pay more for an unknown name like Lexus. Americans also bought a ton of GEO prism, Trackers, Storms, Stealth/Talons. Guess we're a land of Ricers? If the manufacturers can't provide the desire models, we'll rebadge it ourselves.
And i would have still bought my GS even if it was a Toyota Aristo when it came over here

hell if they bring over the toyota crown ...id sell my GS and buy one of those
Old 05-18-05, 06:14 AM
Matters
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously man, I think you are way off track comparing the Accord-745Li debacle to the Lexus/Toyota thing.

Think about it: a Lexus ES300 is a Toyota Windom and Lexus LS430 is a Toytota Celsior and a Lexus Rx330 is a Toyota Harrier. These cars are practically identical and are made on the same assembly line by the same people with the same parts. We are talking a mere difference of a badge we Lexus/Toyota. They are the same grade of car because they are the same car (As was said before I would have bought my GS300 even if it was badged a Toyota Aristo - we're talking about the quality of car here)..

A Honda Accord on the other hand IS NOT a BMW 745Li. It is not identical to a 7-series and it is not made on the same assembly line and it is not made by the same people and it is not made with the same parts. A Honda Accord is not the same grade of car as the 7 series, it's not the same size, it's not the same style, it's not the same engine.

If a person imports a Toyota Windom and slaps Lexus ES300 badges on it - I've got no problem, because it's the same car. If a person slaps BMW 745Li badges on a perfectly good Honda Accord - well that's just plain embarassing and stupid. On the other hand it may be an exercise in irony, but there is fine line between dry humour and just being a fool.
Old 05-18-05, 06:19 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
And i would have still bought my GS even if it was a Toyota Aristo when it came over here

hell if they bring over the toyota crown ...id sell my GS and buy one of those
Shoot I'd sell your GS to get a Crown. LOL.

Maybe we can bring one back from our trip from JP.
Old 05-18-05, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Pretty good detective work, but I think my conspiracy theory also hold it's own equally well. How? Cuz no one really knows the truth. We're all just speculating on a few picture. It's not that hard to get people to allow you to take pictures of their vehicles interior. For all we know, the "fat bastard" could be the owner as he looked the more handicapped. Everyone else bash the owner whom they assumed to be the asian(phillipino) lookin dude and I bash the sneaky fat white dude in the reflection. Asians = Rice and Whites don't like rice. That's why this ricebashing thing will never end. Sure, there are holes in my theory, but I'll stick by it til someone can prove me wrong beyond a reasonable doubt.

maybe you are the one who'e being sensitve, neo didn't respond to you as a moderator, nor am i. but if you are sensitve enough, then yes you have two moderators reponding you now.

no one needs to prove you anything about the pictures. how about you prove us something (not that i care)? the truth, to me, is that no matter the pics were taken voluntarily or not, that car is still "modified" (jez i can't find a better word) in the worst possible way, period. he posted pictures of his car or what, his car is still a POS with the bmw emblems, that's the bottom line. and that's what most of us (yes, including me) are on to. even if no one ever took the pics, if i see that thing on the road i would still laugh my *** off and joke about it. so what? he decided to make his car that way on the road then i have every single right to laugh at it.

and this is a forum, everyone can have their say. that's why your posts are allowed just equally as others. no one is special here. if i say something wrong or inappropriate i will also be moderated by someone else.

what you have posted was valid, i don't think anyone can deny that, and i don't think anyone is. but for all i care yours is nothing but speculations as well, and that's totally off from what everyone else is having "fun" on. at least me, i don't care what's the cause, i only care about the results of his car being stupid
Old 05-18-05, 09:35 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Asians = Rice and Whites don't like rice. That's why this ricebashing thing will never end.

Not sensitive at all. Just giving another take on the pics. As for rice, personally, I've always attributed to the car, not the owner. I've seen all kinds of people (sex, race, size, age) driving poorly (IMO) modified car so that I never assume anything about the driver.
Old 05-18-05, 09:44 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Question

Normally I just read and ignore when something like this comes up. However, this discussion has been very civilized so I will continue just for a little bit more.
Don't take this too harshly Celicamaro, but I think you're jumping into conclusion. There was NO mention of the word RICER anywhere until I read your comment. No one mentioned about any racist remarks towards the owner or photographer. Where did you get this?

As car enthusiasts, the dumbest thing you can do to a car is 1. Slapping on a BMW badge on a Honda, Mercedes on Toyota, Lexus on a Daewoo, blah blah blah and 2. Not lowering your car when putting on nice rims-I'm guilty of this , unless you don't want to be a snow plower.
And there's more..........

(Not pointing at you-used generally) You can do WHATEVER YOU WANT TO YOUR CAR, because ultimately you're (used in a genreal term) the one driving it. A car fanatics (not car idiot) have the common decency/rationality to not put a BMW badge on a Honda....This is not rebadging, this is_________ .fill in your own definition.

As you know, there are many nationalities in this forum and we are not racists in any way here.
99.99% of us here are not racists.

I'm done here.
Old 05-18-05, 09:51 AM
LexFather

Celicamaro, "rice" is a type of car, not type of person and we do not make comments that could be interpreted as bigotry or racist here.

And the pictures was found on YOUR Maxima forum
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=402686

And the pic has now circulated around the auto communities. The basic response is the same WTF and why would someone put BMW badges on clearly, a car not a BMW.

Finally, your wrong about Lexus. Lexus are not rebadged Toyotas. Lexus cars are not sold as Toyotas then brought to America. Lexus are built as Lexus and sold as LExus everywhere BUT Japan. Lexus is REBADGED to Toyota. And that ends in 2006.

Oh and the attachment provided, rice is a disease that affects all races.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Honda 745Li Accord-558520_12_full.jpg  

Old 05-18-05, 01:25 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Finally, your wrong about Lexus. Lexus are not rebadged Toyotas. Lexus cars are not sold as Toyotas then brought to America. Lexus are built as Lexus and sold as LExus everywhere BUT Japan. Lexus is REBADGED to Toyota. And that ends in 2006.
Wait what?
I thought Windoms, Celsiors, Soarers, Harriers, Altezzas, all that jazz were cars that were sold in Japan years before they reached our shores. And Lexuses always get screwed out of the cool deals. 2.5GT, Soarer Active.
Old 05-18-05, 01:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Koma
Wait what?
I thought Windoms, Celsiors, Soarers, Harriers, Altezzas, all that jazz were cars that were sold in Japan years before they reached our shores. And Lexuses always get screwed out of the cool deals. 2.5GT, Soarer Active.
Nope, they all debut the same time worldwide. In the case of the IS 300, Europe got it in 1997 as did Japan as an Altezza. We got it in 01 as an IS. So for that car you can argue either or. But it WAS indeed sold as an IS, not just an Altezza.

Old 05-18-05, 01:57 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
Not sensitive at all. Just giving another take on the pics.
It's all good then....I was just curious since your only other post directed at me was on a similar topic on another thread.

As for rice, personally, I've always attributed to the car, not the owner. I've seen all kinds of people (sex, race, size, age) driving poorly (IMO) modified car so that I never assume anything about the driver.
I hope you're not saying the cars modified themselves. But yeah, poor taste exist in all race and genders.

Quick Reply: 2006 Honda 745Li Accord