Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 Honda 745Li Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 09:24 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=109551
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=402686
Old 05-19-05, 10:07 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4fun
I feel you on that...

I wonder where he stole those badges from? lol...
LOL..A handicapper stealing BMW emblems!!! I take it the cop give him some assistance with the getaway? They must've set aside parking space for handicap crooks at BMW dealerships parts dept.
Old 05-19-05, 10:44 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Listen here bub, when you post a pic on the internet, its fair game. Its an unwritten rule and its a risk you take. Not sure where the pics original website is from but as I stated, this pic is ALL OVER, so don't act like we are the only ones poking fun at it. Here is another example
http://www.caranddriver.com/idealbb/...?topicID=64811
It's your right to follow the herd. I'm just promoting the idea that "one shouldn't do onto others that one wouldn't like done to oneself", seeing that some here gets very defensive to my posts, it's obvious I've made a very good point. If I even tried this on those other inmature sites, I'm guaranteed to be banned. Fortunately folks here are more mature and open minded and not as quick to jump to conclusions. BTW...I notice those caranddriver guys don't like you too well, you're like a SteVTEC over there. On the other hand, there's alot of inmature and biased trolls on CD's forum too.

You don't have to remind me about the risk when a picture is posted online. In this particular case no one really knows how these pictures got online, why try to justify your joy of mocking it? I feel sorry for that dude, unless he's a William Hung wanabe who actually enjoy all this negative response to his taste.

Just curious...How would you feel if you post some pictures on your own site that only you and your friends know the URL, even the FBI couldn't find the address, but some fool happens to run into it by accident and took those pictures out of context and posted all over the net to show how stupid you are? Or you e-mail a picture to your friends or relatives and it got to the wrong address and was posted all over the net? Are you cool with whatever the outcome? Don't take it any other way, I'm just curious....

AS for the rest, I am going to take a smoke break (and I don't smoke)
YOu don't have to respond to anything you don't feel you can or want to deal with.
Old 05-19-05, 10:54 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Looks like your forum, LOVES this guy, another thread about him..
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=404669
Those fools over there lives for this kind of things, they can smell it even before the picts were posted. If ants can find a dropped lolipop in the middle of a huge parking lot, these guys can do the same. Unless of course it's one of their own that committed this sin, then everyone showers him with praises. Thanks for reminding me how much I missed their double standards...
Old 05-19-05, 12:19 PM
NightKing
Driver School Candidate

I might be in the deviation on this point but I have a perspective that doesn’t always coincide with the masses. I see this picture of this kid with his BMW Accord and for good reason I have not a negative thing to say about him. Maybe it’s because I see what others might or I don’t see what others do….so I will explain. He seems to be genuinely happy with his car…showing pride in what he just bought….can tell by the silly smile and cool stance that he feels like a million bucks….thumbs up to him!! If I met him I probably would tell him that I am glad to see a guy so young with such a nice car. Truth is he accomplished what he wanted unlike many folks who forsake what really matters in life to own the real thing. For whatever reason, real owners of the 745, S-Class and cars as such have the audacity to believe that there car exemplifies everything others could not achieve….almost as if there car signifies another level of success that puts them above others….I guess that mentality permeated the hip hop scene but let me not diverge……Truth is, he has been called a "poser", a "moron", "retard" and the such but he has more sense in my opinion than many who have not accomplished anything at all when they have sacrificed the true status symbols of life…..being content with who you are, spending time with the fam, just enjoying the fact that you are alive and not is some poor country fighting for another day to live….He is doing all this without compromise and enjoying every minute of it regardless of what others have to say about him…this is why I say thumbs up. To him it is what it is ….numbers and symbols on a car, no harm no foul…. to others its means more than what it was ever meant to be worth. I have known many real so called “posers” that own the real deal and better…they have no comprehension of reality…..they let their car define a chimerical life in which there car equates a life of luxury even though their life ain’t worth jack. To that I ask, who are the real “posers” and “retards”……buying things they can’t afford to show how much money they have but truly don’t, just so other people think they are more than what they ever were truly worth…..Not trying to preach but since he can’t defend himself I thought I would…..peace
Old 05-19-05, 01:08 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NightKing
I might be in the deviation on this point but I have a perspective that doesn’t always coincide with the masses. I see this picture of this kid with his BMW Accord and for good reason I have not a negative thing to say about him. Maybe it’s because I see what others might or I don’t see what others do….so I will explain. He seems to be genuinely happy with his car…showing pride in what he just bought….can tell by the silly smile and cool stance that he feels like a million bucks….thumbs up to him!! If I met him I probably would tell him that I am glad to see a guy so young with such a nice car. Truth is he accomplished what he wanted unlike many folks who forsake what really matters in life to own the real thing. For whatever reason, real owners of the 745, S-Class and cars as such have the audacity to believe that there car exemplifies everything others could not achieve….almost as if there car signifies another level of success that puts them above others….I guess that mentality permeated the hip hop scene but let me not diverge……Truth is, he has been called a "poser", a "moron", "retard" and the such but he has more sense in my opinion than many who have not accomplished anything at all when they have sacrificed the true status symbols of life…..being content with who you are, spending time with the fam, just enjoying the fact that you are alive and not is some poor country fighting for another day to live….He is doing all this without compromise and enjoying every minute of it regardless of what others have to say about him…this is why I say thumbs up. To him it is what it is ….numbers and symbols on a car, no harm no foul…. to others its means more than what it was ever meant to be worth. I have known many real so called “posers” that own the real deal and better…they have no comprehension of reality…..they let their car define a chimerical life in which there car equates a life of luxury even though their life ain’t worth jack. To that I ask, who are the real “posers” and “retards”……buying things they can’t afford to show how much money they have but truly don’t, just so other people think they are more than what they ever were truly worth…..Not trying to preach but since he can’t defend himself I thought I would…..peace
Old 05-19-05, 11:18 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

I think you all take it too seriously, on both sides of the argument. It is good for a laugh, it's not like we are gonna beat the guy if we ever see him. It is just an example of what odd things people will do to their cars, take it for what its worth.
Old 05-20-05, 12:24 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NightKing
To him it is what it is ….numbers and symbols on a car, no harm no foul…. to others its means more than what it was ever meant to be worth.
I agree with your statement - except for this point.

How can you say that he considers numbers and symbols only numbers and symbols - all equal and all meaningless?

Didn't he replace one set for another? What's the motivation?

This isn't just good clean fun - this is putting plastic spinners on a minivan ... this is incredibly poor taste and it has nothing to do with enjoying life. If he was so content with his Accord and life JUST the way it was and is - why the badge swap?

M.
Old 05-20-05, 02:34 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't anyone know anybody who does these sorts of things just to stir up controversy? I've seen people do eleborate things like this, take the pictures, then return everything back to normal just for the heck of it. I've known people to purposely put different badges on their car and drive around just to see the reactions on peoples face. Seriously, do any of you guys really think people do these sorts of things to fool anyone? This guy is probably laughing his *** off right now just reading all the different forums talking about his car and getting a kick on how upset people are getting. His blood pressure is probably dropping because he is having fun while everyone elses blood pressure is rising. I'm not sure what I find more amusing right now. The badges on the car which I got a little chuckle out of or reading how worked up everyone is getting over it. I bet this is exactly the reaction this guy was hoping to get.
Old 05-20-05, 11:41 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 pages and counting...
Old 05-20-05, 01:34 PM
NightKing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whipimpin
I agree with your statement - except for this point.

How can you say that he considers numbers and symbols only numbers and symbols - all equal and all meaningless?

Didn't he replace one set for another? What's the motivation?

This isn't just good clean fun - this is putting plastic spinners on a minivan ... this is incredibly poor taste and it has nothing to do with enjoying life. If he was so content with his Accord and life JUST the way it was and is - why the badge swap?

M.

Allow me to elaborate on this to get my point across….

The perspective of car forum enthusiasts….

“This guy is such a poser for badging his accord as a BMW…a 745 at that”

“Why would anyone put fake badges on their car??? That is soo uncool”

“He must be a retard to think he could get away with…loser!!”

What probably really happened…..

Dad and son walk into a BMW dealership to check out an accord they saw for sale…
Son is wowed by all the luxury of the BWM but Dad realizes his pockets only runs so deep…So what does he do, makes a side a deal with sales guy to rebadge the car with BMW emblems. Son is ecstatic and thinks his dad is pretty cool for doing this but didn’t realize that according to "mod 101" faking badges is a bad move. Finds himself the target of ridicule around the internet because he thought it was just as ok to put a couple of emblems on his car as would be for the next person to change rims, attach a body kit, drop it a couple of inches, put it in a new exhaust and so on…...

Now my point….. He is as foreign to the culture of car modification as the next person who enters into a different country and might not be an adept to the do’s and don’ts of what’s “acceptable” according to the “experts”. Clowning someone over this is just not very tasteful in my opinion…..reason being is I know that there are others who would point there fingers and laugh at Lexus drivers because they couldn’t afford a Bentley or a Rolls…..in both cases it is just not cool….its easy to laugh at the next person but why not is it as easy to restrain the negativity just because its not of your standards or taste. Maybe it’s just me but I prefer to say something positive before I put down the next person…..just too many getting drunk off the Haterade these days.

Him putting on the badges was a nothing more than him adding his own personal touch to his car, somewhat like giving it some identity. From his perspective he probably believed that everyone would look at for what it was….just some BMW badges on an accord. Too bad some didn't see it that way. I am sure he didn’t do this because he wanted to perpetrate his accord to be a real BMW…..unlike many who add a lot of extra’s to their car because they would like others to believe there car is a lot faster or more pimp than the next persons because of the extra’s they added. I really doubt he thought, “I am pulling the ultimate mod on my car by pushing it to the level of a BMW 745 for all to envy me”….So if this was probably not his intention.....what makes him a "retard" or a "poser".

To address your comment.....last time I checked I didn’t see a minivan or spinners or even worse a minivan with spinners…but if it was that…..come on now…..it’s just not that serious…live and let live. What the next man pushes doesn’t make you the chauffer so let him have his fun….it should only mean something if you were one that had to make the payments.
Old 05-20-05, 04:50 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like you have intricate knowledge of the history of the car...or you should be writing "Tom Clancy" novels

Why don't you new posters from NJ come clean...send us some updated pics of the "BMW"

ps - just don't share them with Celicamaro or he may have to comment "again" and I can't take reading that type of fiction any longer.
Old 05-20-05, 07:11 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KVA
Sounds like you have intricate knowledge of the history of the car...or you should be writing "Tom Clancy" novels

Why don't you new posters from NJ come clean...send us some updated pics of the "BMW"

ps - just don't share them with Celicamaro or he may have to comment "again" and I can't take reading that type of fiction any longer.
You are good man! You are my new hero!!!
Old 05-20-05, 10:23 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

people need to be more open minded for others and need to respect other's feelings more often. i stopped making fun of (for the most part) most ricers, i thought "damn, they love their cars, spent at least some time and money on it (again for the most part), and most important of all are happy and proud of it." why would you want to take that away from somebody? because most people are too opinionated to give a damn about other's pride.
Old 05-22-05, 01:15 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are there any pairs of ***** rolling around on the floor somewhere?

since when did this turn into a pity party.... oh wait i know, bc the guy is handicapped

wtf, why does he get "special treatment" because he is handicapped....

if someone posted a pic, like the kid with the mustang and chrome wheels.... no one is going to say. "ok come on guys, dont make fun of him, he really thinks his car is cool. maybe it was all he could afford. maybe his dad bought it and he thought it was cool...."

seriously, wtf....

i read this entire thread today and am dissapointed at this "dont beat on him bc he's handicapped" mentality

is he not a person who did a badge swap in poor taste? oh well if he's handicapped. you dont even know what kind of handicap he has, you have no idea if one leg is shorter than the other, or if half of his brain is missing. but he obviously can't be THAT handicapped since someone goes to college with him on the maxima forum, and they see him driving it. he had to have passed the test, and had to have been able to study. it's not like he can't function

he has a brain, he used it, he obviously doesnt mind, probably likes, the fact that his car has bmw badges on it....

why are you trying to stick up for him as if he can't do it himself? oh that's right, bc you are usign prejudice in the other way, saying he can't stick up for himself so you are going to do it for him...

when you post a picture on the internet, you run the risk of it being posted elsewhere... making up some story abotu how the fat bastard must have con'd him into these pics just to tease him on the internet? does that make you feel better about this?

i'm sure he doesnt need you to defend him.

and with the rice and asian comments, those have already been addressed by other members...

since it's obvious how you respond to someone making fun of someone else's car.... i would enjoy seeing you respond this same way next time a poorly modded car is posted. i expect you to stick up for him and say, "maybe he just likes it that way", or "oh its not his fault"

</end rant>

Quick Reply: 2006 Honda 745Li Accord