Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Warning: Bomex

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 11:23 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning: Bomex

This was taken from Supraforums:

MVP Motorsports has dropped Bomex, we will no longer sell their parts to anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted everyone to know officially that we are done with Bomex. We have had it with their absolutely pitiful service, the worst I have ever experienced from any company in any industry. I have documented on SupraForums in the past many of my experiences with them, so I'm sure many of you are not at all surprised.

I have become exhausted dealing with them. I am tired of their terrible service dragging down MVP and the level of service that I hold myself and the manufacturers to.

SP Engineering and Titan has also dropped Bomex, all 3 of us did it within a week of each other. I hope this sends a message all the way to Japan that the way they treat their customers is completely unacceptable.

For anyone that ordered Bomex through us, thank you for your business and certainly your patience. For anyone that orders Bomex in the future from who-ever - GOOD LUCK is all I can say.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=279977

Apparently, Bomex has switched over from hand laid fiber glass to cheap molds in Taiwan. The recent batches of kits are no longer of the same quality as before, so buyer beware. This is probably the reason for the recent price drop for their kits. There is alot more information on Supraforums if you search.

P.S I have no affiliation with MVP. I just wanted to warn my fellow members so they don't end up with an installation fee that costs more than the kit itself.
Old 05-19-05, 04:14 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, pretty interesting information... thanks!.. I was thinking about buying a Bomex kit for my SC3 later down the line in a year or two... think i'll be reconsidering.
Old 05-19-05, 08:27 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang... i guess they couldnt handle it...
Old 05-20-05, 04:05 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe itll be an oppurtunity to get em cheap?