Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

G35 ad going after the new 330

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-05, 02:36 PM
LexFather

Default G35 ad going after the new 330

I got this in e-mail, pretty clever HP reference

Thing is, I wouldn't start with BMW. Hello, M5, M6 They can get brutal with comments. I remember a M3 ad when it first came out in 2001. "We looked perfection in the eye, perfection blinked" and they had a stunning pic of the M3. Now I am not sure if that was a reference to "Lexus" but when I think of the word "perfection" I think of the Lexus slogan "the passionate pursuit of perfection". Pretty clever on BMWs part.

This is some of the better Infiniti marketing I have seen. It appeals to my neatherthal side in relation to more power means better.

And is it just me or the freshened sedan looks a lot better?

Last edited by LexFather; 05-27-05 at 02:39 PM.

Old 05-27-05, 02:49 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sedan =
Too bad Infiniti has such crap interiors....
When they get nicer interiors I can call them luxury. Now, they're cars with big engines and very few elements of luxury.
Old 05-27-05, 03:13 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thing is, I wouldn't start with BMW. Hello, M5, M6 They can get brutal with comments. I remember a M3 ad when it first came out in 2001. "We looked perfection in the eye, perfection blinked" and they had a stunning pic of the M3. Now I am not sure if that was a reference to "Lexus" but when I think of the word "perfection" I think of the Lexus slogan "the passionate pursuit of perfection". Pretty clever on BMWs part.

This is some of the better Infiniti marketing I have seen. It appeals to my neatherthal side in relation to more power means better.
That's pretty gutsy of Infiniti marketing to make such a statement but it wont last but about oh lets say less than 3 months?
Old 05-27-05, 03:16 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Sedan =
When they get nicer interiors I can call them luxury. Now, they're cars with big engines and very few elements of luxury.
Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the 'crap interiors' reference being made everytime Nissan/Infiniti's name is brought up? We could be talking about car color and someone will inevitably say, "I don't like their silver because they have crap interiors." or "Their Bose sound system sucks because the interior isn't luxurious. I thought this thread was about marketing and advertisement of Infiniti and how it directly called out its competitor. Clearly, Infiniti and Nissan have power/hp as their main objective in advertising to THEIR audience. And I'm not sure if you've driven a BMW 3 series lately, hell, even ever, their interior quality is definitely not plush by Lexus standards.

1SICK I remember that ad by BMW. I thought it was a direct hit to Lexus. Another ad I remember fairly recently was the commercial by Audi, I believe. Where two guys are getting ready for work and they go through the same process to get ready like showering, getting coffee, kissing their wife before they leave and then getting in the car. The Audi driver looks in his rear view mirror to check behind him for traffic, pedestrians, etc. while the BMW driver takes the rear view mirror to look at himself, primping his hair while the Audi driver drives off. This ad was suppose to mock the vanity and narcicism of BMW drivers.
Old 05-27-05, 03:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LT. LEX
Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the 'crap interiors' reference being made everytime Nissan/Infiniti's name is brought up? We could be talking about car color and someone will inevitably say, "I don't like their silver because they have crap interiors." or "Their Bose sound system sucks because the interior isn't luxurious. I thought this thread was about marketing and advertisement of Infiniti and how it directly called out its competitor. Clearly, Infiniti and Nissan have power/hp as their main objective in advertising to THEIR audience. And I'm not sure if you've driven a BMW 3 series lately, hell, even ever, their interior quality is definitely not plush by Lexus standards.

1SICK I remember that ad by BMW. I thought it was a direct hit to Lexus. Another ad I remember fairly recently was the commercial by Audi, I believe. Where two guys are getting ready for work and they go through the same process to get ready like showering, getting coffee, kissing their wife before they leave and then getting in the car. The Audi driver looks in his rear view mirror to check behind him for traffic, pedestrians, etc. while the BMW driver takes the rear view mirror to look at himself, primping his hair while the Audi driver drives off. This ad was suppose to mock the vanity and narcicism of BMW drivers.

I never saw that Audi ad but that was pretty damn clever

Old 05-27-05, 03:33 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by LT. LEX

I've never driven a BMW I've sat in plenty though. True the interiors aren't up to par with Lexus.
I was only stating the lack of quality interiors for the Infiniti brand. Nissan for their price is perfectly fine. But I think Infiniti should definetly price their cars for how much they are worth. But hey at least Infiniti doesn't have I-drive. I'm merely suggesting that Infiniti needs to improve. I like their cars but would choose others over theirs. I just really hate the G35 sedan because it looks pooey. I would take an M45, FX45, G35 coupe. But for a supposed luxury brand the interiors aren't luxurious looking or feeling. If they step up than props to them.
Old 05-27-05, 05:00 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Here is what mine looks like when it gets here...

Old 05-27-05, 05:01 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Sedan =
Before you speak, go sit in a new Infiniti. Their interiors are definitely not crap. My friend has a Gs400 and another has a IS300, they love my new Interior of the G35 (the loaner I have now till mine gets here).
Old 05-27-05, 05:03 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I've never driven a BMW I've sat in plenty though. True the interiors aren't up to par with Lexus.
I was only stating the lack of quality interiors for the Infiniti brand. Nissan for their price is perfectly fine. But I think Infiniti should definetly price their cars for how much they are worth. But hey at least Infiniti doesn't have I-drive. I'm merely suggesting that Infiniti needs to improve. I like their cars but would choose others over theirs. I just really hate the G35 sedan because it looks pooey. I would take an M45, FX45, G35 coupe. But for a supposed luxury brand the interiors aren't luxurious looking or feeling. If they step up than props to them.
So you like the coupe g35, which looks identical to the sedan now. lol.
Old 05-27-05, 05:06 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Before you speak, go sit in a new Infiniti. Their interiors are definitely not crap. My friend has a Gs400 and another has a IS300, they love my new Interior of the G35 (the loaner I have now till mine gets here).
I have my own opnions. It's not like plastic sharp edges. But it definitely doesn't qualify for luxury in my book. Alot of things just seem out of place. For instance in your pictures, that steering wheel looks like a block. The speedometer cluster has a hood that is just too sharp edged. I actually do like that navigation. The shifter looks huge. I don't know, to me the thing looks rugged.
Old 05-27-05, 05:08 PM
Koma

So you like the coupe g35, which looks identical to the sedan now. lol.
Coupe and sedan identical? The one thing I really hate about the sedans is the rear bumper. It sticks out and it looks very out of place. The coupe has that nice flush back. For one thing I don't think a coupe can ever look identical to it's sedan counterpart. It's got two less doors.
Old 05-27-05, 05:10 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Infiniti, showing some *****...
Old 05-27-05, 05:13 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I have my own opnions. It's not like plastic sharp edges. But it definitely doesn't qualify for luxury in my book. Alot of things just seem out of place. For instance in your pictures, that steering wheel looks like a block. The speedometer cluster has a hood that is just too sharp edged. I actually do like that navigation. The shifter looks huge. I don't know, to me the thing looks rugged.
Well when I look at this picture of the new IS350 interior, it makes me barff.....

Look at the cheap design of a center console and cheap hard plastic. lol

The new G35 has no hard plastic left in it at all. It's all soft.

Old 05-27-05, 05:55 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Infiniti's interiors are very appropriate to their respective classes. The G35 isn't trying to be an ES330 inside. It is a SPORTS sedan and focuses on that. It makes more sense to look at an IS300's interior for comparison. Notice the lack of luxury even though its a Lexus? That's because it is a SPORTS sedan. The ES330, for example, focuses on luxury and refinement and accomplishes that better than anything in its class. You wouldn't want to be caught on a race track against a G35 with an ES though. Cars can't be everything at $32,000. They need a focus.

Look at a Q45's interior or the new M45's. Those you can't complain about.
Old 05-27-05, 06:01 PM
Koma

Well when I look at this picture of the new IS350 interior, it makes me barff.....

Look at the cheap design of a center console and cheap hard plastic. lol

The new G35 has no hard plastic left in it at all. It's all soft.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Infiniti's interiors are very appropriate to their respective classes. The G35 isn't trying to be an ES330 inside. It is a SPORTS sedan and focuses on that. It makes more sense to look at an IS300's interior for comparison. Notice the lack of luxury even though its a Lexus? That's because it is a SPORTS sedan. The ES330, for example, focuses on luxury and refinement and accomplishes that better than anything in its class. You wouldn't want to be caught on a race track against a G35 with an ES though. Cars can't be everything at $32,000. They need a focus.

Look at a Q45's interior or the new M45's. Those you can't complain about.
Agreed

Infiniti still needs to step up in general.
And no you won't get me to like the G35 sedan over the IS. G35 vs. IS.. you got me in a pickle.

I'd probably still buy a Lexus over an Infiniti.
I heart Lexus. Although I'm really feeling the updated FX45. But I'd take a RX400h.

I dunno too much talk. I like cars.

Quick Reply: G35 ad going after the new 330