Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Toyota Camry Pics ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-05, 02:22 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn,that vehicle rock!!! I hope the production vehicle resembles this pic
Old 05-28-05, 02:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the new Camry looks that good, the next ES must be scrumdilicious.
Old 05-28-05, 02:51 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn, not bad looking at all. The Camry always at least looked in-offensive, never ugly. This one looks pretty good. I just don't like the fact the Camry is now HUGE, its too big to me.
I agree, that's why the Mazda6 is my favourite in this class besides being the sportiest to drive & the best looking.
Old 05-28-05, 02:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I third that.

If the Camry looks this good already, imagine the next ES.
I won't make that assumption necessarily, camry's always look quite different from their ES counterparts . . .
Old 05-28-05, 04:05 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC52E55
looks really good! looks kinda similar to the TL. i've always love Camry even tho they are not really fun to drive.

i can see what ur talking about the TL from the headlights, but i cant really justify that because the pic is burly. but in the rear i can see a 05 ES from the taillights and the bumper of the 3rg generation GS. but if this turns out to be the next camry, i would have to save up and trade my current one in for this, even though i cant see it real well, i think i might actually like it. and when u said that they arnt really fun to drive, i agree with u on that, but i still toss my car around and i acutally burned out, literally smoke was coming from the front tires, i was shocked that it did that i didnt mean to do such a thing though
Old 05-28-05, 05:04 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

That Camry looks awesome, I'd rock one.... I'm sure the next Solara will look pretty hot too.
Old 05-28-05, 06:23 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Car is looking pretty sweet!
Old 05-28-05, 06:30 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
camry's always look quite different from their ES counterparts . . .
not the latest versions (03,04...whatever). they look pretty similar on the road.

I like it.

BTW-AmethySC- I REALLY like those aftermarket headlights in your sig........
Old 05-28-05, 07:03 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by magneto112
I don’t see much TL resemblance, however I see a lot of family resemblance. Specifically the Avalon. Has similar rear end lights and front grill. It looks like a sporty version of the Avalon. I also see a little GS/IS in the rear as well. Look at the wheel arches!! DAMN!!
uh-oh...another car added to the list of cars that look similar to the 3GS design

I thought that the current CAMRY/ES330 designs looked TOO close to each other.

I do agree it looks alot like the TL. Very nice change up
Old 05-28-05, 07:08 PM
LexFather

D people always have to say "this car looks like that car"? IMO I see the family resemblence with the Avalon and that is about all.

Old 05-29-05, 01:59 AM
xioix
Racer

i see some first gen solora in the rear
Old 05-29-05, 02:02 AM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

It looks pretty good. The rear tail lights look alot like the new IS though. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Good because the IS looks nice, but bad because the camry might be mistaken for as IS or vice versa. The tail light shape is also somewhat like the ES. Is it just me or are lexus and toyota designs looking a little more similar now that lexus is a separate worldwide brand?
Old 05-29-05, 03:31 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueIS05
Not bad...but why the bangle butt?
I was thinking the same thing. First picture was not bad, then I saw the Bangled trunk lid. I thought everyone hated that style trunk? I'm okay with that style if it is more suttle, but it is very prominent in this design. I think they should redo the trunk lid.
Old 05-29-05, 03:44 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DC52E55
looks really good! looks kinda similar to the TL. i've always love Camry even tho they are not really fun to drive.
I can see the TL resemblance in the front end most particularly the headlights. Obviously nothing is exact, but if you bring the lower front grill to a more of a point like the TL instead of its flat bottom, and take away the center lower grill opening so it's just on the two sides like the TL, I could probably mistake this pictures as being an updated TL if I didn't know it was the Camry.
Old 05-29-05, 07:27 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I was thinking the same thing. First picture was not bad, then I saw the Bangled trunk lid. I thought everyone hated that style trunk? I'm okay with that style if it is more suttle, but it is very prominent in this design. I think they should redo the trunk lid.
Here I go again defending Bangle.
Everyone doesn't hate the Bangle butt. Especially 7 series buyers. I read that the new design 7 series has outsold all the other model 7's combined. It's hard to believe but one thing is sure. You rarely saw a previous gen 7. You see the current model everywhere, all the time. At least I do. The previous model was understated elegance but looked big and squared. Looked great with a set of 20's. The current model looks elegant and distinctive, definitely bolder. And people are buying it. Other companies have noticed the sales and as always happens, they copy whatever works. The RL has a Bangled butt look. This new Camry seems to have it. I predict more will jump on the bandwagon. It means one thing, a lot of us like it and will buy it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry Pics ?