Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Toyota Camry Pics ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 01:03 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks, guys. Can't believe you got pictures before flip did.....I've never seen that happen before.
Anyhow, looks real good in front...a lot like the current IS ........too much Chris Bangle in back .
Were keeping ya on your toes mm.

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 05-31-05 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-30-05, 06:08 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks good for a camry, but the front looks too much like the tsx
Old 05-30-05, 06:40 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow those pics are real High Def. huh? lol Looks great
Old 05-30-05, 08:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Sigh....if anthing it looks TOYOTA to me...

I guess this Gen 6 does seem to use some cues from the Gen 4, but it's just the overall shape and curvature of the headlights that makes it look too much like a TSX/ Infiniti FX. Again, maybe I'm wrong, and Toyota surprises. It was a similar story with the new Avalon, where I initially thought it looked too much like an Altima, but seeing it in real life is different than in pics. I hope the new Camry is the same thing.
Old 05-31-05, 03:14 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I guess this Gen 6 does seem to use some cues from the Gen 4, but it's just the overall shape and curvature of the headlights that makes it look too much like a TSX/ Infiniti FX. Again, maybe I'm wrong, and Toyota surprises. It was a similar story with the new Avalon, where I initially thought it looked too much like an Altima, but seeing it in real life is different than in pics. I hope the new Camry is the same thing.
Those are better pics TRD Do you have a complete side view as well by any chance?
Old 05-31-05, 08:49 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

This is the best looking camry ever and yet people are still complaining. It's a CAMRY!! Why can't a camry look agressive like a TL or TSX? Looking like a TL could be the best thing even to happen to a Camry. From those blurry picts, this gen 6 camry has a wide stable stance and has a RWD look to it. The backend isn't jacked up and sissy like most FWD sedans nowadays. Also gone are the weird proportions of the current model. It looks better IMO than just about any current Lexus. I guess it's tough being a camry.
Old 06-01-05, 05:06 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Wink

It looks pretty good to me too!
Old 06-01-05, 05:53 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is this definately the Camry? what's the logo on it?
Old 06-01-05, 05:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I think it's a Toyota Mark X in Japan : LINK
Old 06-01-05, 06:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default More Mark X

Old 06-01-05, 06:08 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
This is the best looking camry ever and yet people are still complaining. It's a CAMRY!! Why can't a camry look agressive like a TL or TSX? Looking like a TL could be the best thing even to happen to a Camry. From those blurry picts, this gen 6 camry has a wide stable stance and has a RWD look to it. The backend isn't jacked up and sissy like most FWD sedans nowadays. Also gone are the weird proportions of the current model. It looks better IMO than just about any current Lexus. I guess it's tough being a camry.
I agree, on a whole it looks pretty good and looks better than most Camrys of the past, but I still think from the front it looks pretty good and from the rear it looks like crap. That is pretty much what I'm seeing in most of the new cars today anyway from my perspective. I seem to really like the front ends but the rear ends leave a lot to be desired. I even said the same about the IS350 rear end. I love that car and would definately buy one, but the rear end IMHO is still its weakest link. I also just noticed the simlar intergrated tail pipes similar to the A-Spec TL. Oh well, doesn't really matter to me one way of antoher since I'm not in the market for a Camry or Accord type car anyway.
Old 06-01-05, 06:11 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, I never heard of the Mark X. I sure hope that car doesn't come to the US though. I think that interior looks pretty plain. Reminds me both of the new BMW and Infiniti interiors. Not saying it is junk or bad, but just kind of plain like the BMW, and the large lid conver up front on the center console reminds me mostly of the 350Z, but a little bit of the G35 as well.
Old 06-01-05, 08:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
1. A RWD stance on a FWD car screams posuer. The TL is a good looking sedan.
2. The TSX is as agressive looking as Barbara Bush in lingerie.
3. It needs to please hundreds of thousands of people so chances will rarely be taken with the Camry. Its just the wrong car to take chances with. Its a bread and butter car, sellling over 400,000 copies year after year. The Camry will never be too adventerous in styling and we shouldn't expect it to be.

Old 06-01-05, 06:39 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think it's a Toyota Mark X in Japan : LINK
Seems most of the site is in japanese........little rusty on my japanese lol.
Old 06-01-05, 06:53 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i perosnally hope toyota doesnt use the mark x as the 07 camry, looks weird, but the steering wheel looks like the one from the new avalon so toyota might put that in the 07 model camry and the wheels are nice, look like the ones that the Mercedes C230-320 sedans offer

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry Pics ?