Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Toyota Camry Pics ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 08:08 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
i perosnally hope toyota doesnt use the mark x as the 07 camry, looks weird, but the steering wheel looks like the one from the new avalon so toyota might put that in the 07 model camry and the wheels are nice, look like the ones that the Mercedes C230-320 sedans offer
mark x cant be camry for two reasons
mark x is rwd, and is smaller than the camry
Old 06-01-05, 10:24 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xioix
mark x cant be camry for two reasons
mark x is rwd, and is smaller than the camry

i dont think mark x is smaller than camry. the Mark II ( which i believe it was replaced with mark X) was bigger than camry in every dimesions. ( it's a freaking sweet car)
Old 06-01-05, 10:33 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
3. It needs to please hundreds of thousands of people so chances will rarely be taken with the Camry. Its just the wrong car to take chances with. Its a bread and butter car, sellling over 400,000 copies year after year. The Camry will never be too adventerous in styling and we shouldn't expect it to be.
i agree. you will never ever see "love it or hate it" kinda styling on the best selling car in the united states.(camry or honda accord) it will cost too much for toyota to do this. for example, BMW 5, and 7 series styling. if they go with "love it or hate it styling" chances are 50% of the potential buyers will love it and the rest will hate it, but if they keep it conservative styling, 85% of the potential buyers will "like it."

but then again, it's a Toyota. so people would buy it anyway.
Old 06-02-05, 12:32 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by DC52E55
i dont think mark x is smaller than camry. the Mark II ( which i believe it was replaced with mark X) was bigger than camry in every dimesions. ( it's a freaking sweet car)
mark x is has the dimensions of the next IS, which will not be the same size of the camry or bigger
Old 06-02-05, 01:01 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xioix
mark x is has the dimensions of the next IS, which will not be the same size of the camry or bigger

sorry, you were right.

mark X is a lil more than an inch shorter than the current camry and new IS350 is about 6 inches shorter than markX.
Old 06-02-05, 06:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

If the blurred pics are accurate at all, it looks like the new Camry will share a lot of styling cues from the Mark X (or maybe even some body panels? ), but it won't be the exact same body, definitely will be longer for the American market. The front & headlights definitely looks different already.
Old 06-02-05, 06:37 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by AmethySC
If the blurred pics are accurate at all, it looks like the new Camry will share a lot of styling cues from the Mark X (or maybe even some body panels? ), but it won't be the exact same body, definitely will be longer for the American market. The front & headlights definitely looks different already.
And I don't think that would be a bad thing at all.
Old 06-02-05, 02:10 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

1. A RWD stance on a FWD car screams posuer. The TL is a good looking sedan.
I'm referring to the fact that most japanese FWDs are jacked up like drag racers. Add skinny hugcabs wheels/tires that don't come out to the edge of the fenders and you get that sissy FWD look. Why can't they sit level or at least have their skinny wheels come closer to the fenders? Most japanese RWD I noticed are more level looking, they look hunkered down and stable. All euro FWDs look level or RWD looking. TL looks level, so if it looks good to you, how can that be a posuer? TL looks good in my view too, if a Camry even looks or sit that level, it would've already looked good. I noticed that current camries when loaded up with people and stuff in the trunk looks better due to the more level look. I'm guessing jacking up the back has some advantage in traction and aerodynamics, looks like those Honda FWD drag racers and the manufacturors agree.

2. The TSX is as agressive looking as Barbara Bush in lingerie.

3. It needs to please hundreds of thousands of people so chances will rarely be taken with the Camry. Its just the wrong car to take chances with. Its a bread and butter car, sellling over 400,000 copies year after year. The Camry will never be too adventerous in styling and we shouldn't expect it to be.
There's nothing wrong with taking chances, it's BMW that chickened out with the new 3series. Look at the difference between the Gen4 and Current Gen Camry, HUGE difference. Put a different badge on the current one when it first came out and you wouldn't even know it was a camry. Many think the current one look weirdly proportions and carp like, yet it sells more than the old traditional looking 4th gen could even hope to sell. It was so dramatic that it forced rival Honda to make an equally drastic change to the accord. Same with Nissans Altima and Mazdas 6, they didn't go conservative and look at how well those things are selling. Personally, I love to see more better looking and better proportion mainstream cars, cuz I can't stand ugly and bloated SUVs, understated and bland LS430 and miniVans cluttering our highways. The better looking camries and accord gets, the better our highways will look. Mainstream doesn't have to mean boring, don't know where this lame concept came from.
Old 06-02-05, 02:27 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

2. The TSX is as agressive looking as Barbara Bush in lingerie.
Are we talking about the former first lady here or the current Presidents twin daughter? lmao! I wouldn't have a problem with the ladder!