Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Danica Patrick - 4th position at Indy (NWS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 02:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
Please boy, F1 cars do all that and more... and they hit the brakes for more reasons than just to pit

Amd fighter pilots pull a lot more than a measely 3-4Gs, dont even try to compare this ghetto-form of open-wheeled racing to flying in a 30 million dollar jet fighter... it aint gonna happen
I am a pilot myself and have pulled 3-4 G's during spin recovery training, though admittedly I don't fly fighters. F-16's in maximum perfomance turns (used mostly at air shows and for missile evasion in combat) can do up to 9 G's and beyond. Other slightly less-agile fighters pull almost as much...as does the Marine Corps AV-8 Harrier with its adjustable thrust-vanes. But these planes....and pilots....don't do it continuously like racing drivers do....F1 or oval-track both.
And fighter pilots have G-suits to take some of the pressure off them.....about 1.5 G's on average. Some racing drivers do....some don 't.

Tell you what, ace. Never mind ME, and what I think. YOU walk through the stands at Indy or Talledega ( I notice you're from Alabama ) and tell THEM that track racing is ghetto-form and for pansies....and just watch what happens.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-30-05 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-30-05, 02:49 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this jibba-jabba aside, she is 23 and she can drive the hell out of a race car. Period..

Like it was stated earlier, put yourself into the seat of one those cars and see just how well you perform.

I am thinking just like 1Sick is.

She's hot, she can drive, and well......

"I'd hit it."

Josh
Old 05-30-05, 02:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Senator
All this jibba-jabba aside, she is 23 and she can drive the hell out of a race car. Period..

Like it was stated earlier, put yourself into the seat of one those cars and see just how well you perform.

I
I agree. That was one of the points I was trying to make. Can't knock something without trying it.

However, age dosn't really mean that much either way. There are 16-year olds and 80-year-olds that can drive like hell. Paul Newman, A.J. Foyt, Roger Penske, Mario Andretti, and Carroll Shelby proved that. Newman is 80 and can outdrive people in their 20's. He would give Michael Shumacher a run for the money....though Shumacher would still probably beat him in the long run.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-30-05 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-31-05, 12:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i saw her on tv this past weekend and damn does she look good.... even my wife says she looks very fine!!!!

and yup, she can drive, period!
Old 05-31-05, 04:47 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i saw her on tv this past weekend and damn does she look good.... even my wife says she looks very fine!!!!

and yup, she can drive, period!
It's always good when you get your wifes blessing.

But hey, i'm 23 I like open wheel racing. She's 23 races open wheel cars, she looks like a past girlfriend of mine... (Mindy - refer to the Girlfriend thread.)

Hmmm....I think that this is going somewhere.

Watching the powerblock on Spike TV has finally paid off!!!

Josh
Old 05-31-05, 05:00 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where's her ***** BAH

4th place BAH

bigger ***** than mine BAH
Old 05-31-05, 06:11 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
where's her ***** BAH

in racing, weight is the enemy.
Old 05-31-05, 06:16 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

I just saw that she is ingaged.

Welp, time to break up a marriage guys, see you later,.,,

But damn she was looking fine yesterday at the Indy press conference all dressed in black, ( but with her husband to be. )

Josh