Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

95 Percent of Consumers Say New Vehicle Salespeople are Respectful

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 11:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default 95 Percent of Consumers Say New Vehicle Salespeople are Respectful

Washington DC May 31,2005; AIADA newsletter reported that a new survey conducted by Automotive Retailing Today (ART), illustrates that the image of the automotive sales profession is outdated and lags behind people’s actual experience --more than 1,100 new vehicle buyers and consumers regardless of ethnicity overwhelmingly say that salespeople are respectful, professional and reasonable in their dealings.

In total, ART surveyed 887 new vehicle buyers, 147 car shoppers and 630 general consumers for their opinions about the automotive profession. The most outstanding statistic -- consistent across ethnic groups -- was that 95 percent of the respondents felt that vehicle salespeople behave in a respectful manner. The survey also showed that vehicle salespeople are consistent throughout the transaction (84 percent -- 93 percent), took the time to listen to the consumer’s needs (79 percent -- 88 percent) and showed a willingness to negotiate to the satisfaction of all parties (82 percent -88 percent).

source : theautochannel

Do you agree ?
Old 05-31-05, 12:56 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah, I guess they are getting better. My Volvo dealership that I worked for always hired some very respectful and nice people. In all honesty, we were all a comedic bunch with eachother and customers. Consistantly cracking jokes with customers to make there time more enjoyable.

My best friend works as a salesman for an Acura dealership, and in the little time that he has been working there(7months), he has the highest rating out of all salesman(forgot the specific term they use over there)
Old 05-31-05, 02:21 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they obviously didn't survey any Lexus customers in the pittsburgh area then. When I take my car in for service, I usually walk through the showroom to kill some time. If you look the least bit ethnic or young or both, the sales people won't even look at you twice. Not having bought my Lexus from there has a good bit to do with it also I suspect. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself, " Anytime you want to compare W-2's with me, scumbag, I'm willing."

Can you tell I don't like car salesmen???? lol Meanwhile , two of my friends are in this business. Go figure.