Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Preview of Mercedes SLT ? - The SLK as combination Coupé

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 07:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Preview of Mercedes SLT ? - The SLK as combination Coupé

Translated text :

Note! Here a new star comes up. And which for one. Mercedes Benz considered and brings the SLK again - it as Shooting Brake, sportily more elegantly mixes from combination and Coupé.

By George Kacher are now completely through-slammed in Stuttgart? Only they wanted to derive a four-door Coupé and an open Sportcoupé from the next C-class, now are suddenly a combination Coupé in the discussion. But all that is not completely simple chaotic disorder of the planning department, but top-priority case. Because with the change at the Mercedes Benz point all projects come on the test stand. There the new Boss hitting a corner hard Cordes orders a slimness cure for them: "each variant, which is theoretically possible, does not stand in reasonable relation to the costs, which it causes. Therefore we will have to take or other planned niche model again exactly under the magnifying glass."

The SLT is against it an optical bass drum impact with inspiring proportions, mad details and a competitionless variable interior. Particularly with the organization dachs and the heckpartie want to go the Mercedes Benz designers new ways. A skylight of sounded safety glass is located likewise in the work statement like a multi-functional rear flap. Insider report on a three-part construction, whose upper section in the "party position" away-swings himmelwaerts, while the lower part serves as stable seat opportunity. In addition the back window can be opened for easier loading of small articles separately. Similar to the SLK also the SLT is a pure two-seater.

But while the roadster away-puts maximally 300 litres luggage, fit in the Shooting Brake with roof-high loading after unofficial information record-suspicious 1000 litres - enough for vacation luggage, sport equipment and the bulk buying in the shopping centre. A multipart attachment system with belts, eyes and splinter net ensures for the fact that the charge does not slip with engaged driving fashion. Lateral stowage boxes, a hollow under the load soil and a Abdeckrollo complete the scope of supply.

The Swabian Shooting Brake is to be offered in particular with six cylinder engines. On call ready the following V6-Direkteinspritzer stands: • SLT of 230, 2.5 litres, 214 HP • SLT of 280, 3.0 litres, 243 HP • SLT of 350, 3.5 litres, 272 HP • SLT 320 CDI , 3.0 l, 246 HP.

Two bear-strong AMG of engines might round the pallet off upward: In the SLT 55 AMG a 5,5-Liter-V8 with 388 HP provides for plentifully driving fun, for which SLT is 63 AMG a highly turning 6,3-Liter-V8-Sauger intended, which gives a checking to the new BMW M3 and the AUDI RS4 with 503 HP even. The only available transmission is the filter course mechanism 7G-Tronic with speed SHIFT circuit. Behind the prices steep tail process card stands still another thick question mark. In principle Mercedes Benz would have to offer the car more cheaply than the more complex execution with concealable Hardtop.

But just as well one could follow the model of Porsche in Untertuerkheim from Zuffenhausen, where one requires as well known for the Coupé Cayman more moneys than for the roadster Boxster . The well-known reason: The version with soldered sheet metal roof is still more precisely, still more practically, still more potently. If the customer along-plays, Mr. Cordes may shortly probably welcome a new star at the net yield Firmament.

source : autobild
Old 06-02-05, 08:04 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

That looks interesting. Its similar to the Z3 Coupe that BMW used to produce. Now, I dont think that model BMW sold was a big seller, and hopefully MB wont run into this problem either(but I cant definitely see it happening).

MB seems to focus on having a large variety of vehicles(CLS, R, B-class, etc) which is something I actually like, but if they dont watch out it could severely hurt them in the long run. Look at the CLK and C-class AMG cars. GONE!!
Old 06-02-05, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

not too bad, the front is still telling me slr. the car overall is like the m coupe to me
Old 06-02-05, 10:20 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

This slt is going after the M roadster, however, it seems more like a variant of the egg-shape C coupe/hatch than an slk.
Old 06-02-05, 12:27 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

The M coupe is also the first thing to pop up in my mind. So is this supposed to compete with the Audi A3??
Old 06-02-05, 02:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
This slt is going after the M roadster, however, it seems more like a variant of the egg-shape C coupe/hatch than an slk.
well maybe they are going way too head to head with the z coupe, and i don't think this car will be able to compete with the coupe
Old 06-02-05, 02:26 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<--- still prefers the roadster over the coupe
Old 06-02-05, 03:02 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had to choose, I'd take this one over the roadster.
It screams M coupe.
Old 06-02-05, 03:57 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

I remember Mercedes had a concept similiar to this one a few years back that was supposed to compete with the Z coupe.
Old 06-02-05, 03:59 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Okay I found them,what ever happened to this??