Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Take a Look at This Car . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 09:17 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Tell that to the guy who started this thread or the guy/gal I quoted or all the haters, then your words will have some credibility. Double standard never have positive results.
Actually, your the only one defending this guy, everyone else agrees its just a poor decision, even if he likes the car.

So this thread won't be closed, if anything, any infammatory comments will be deleted

This is the INTERNET, people will find pics of cars and post if they hate or love it.

Old 06-07-05, 09:18 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know about others but for sure i don't have anything about the accord. if anything, i feel bad about the poor accord being ruined completely.

maybe you can take a break
I agree rominl. NOBODY is hating Hondas here. I have a Honda in the family. We have all owned Hondas now or before, besides what is hating a car anyway? The only time when we hate a car is when it gives us too much trouble, time, and $$$ to repair, that's all. I don't know how his got out of context anyway
He' s in the car show biz, so he has to do something over-the-top. But on a more practical basis, there are lots of better cars you can buy with that kind of $ and still have the "quality".
Again, if I had $100,000 to blow for a monstrosity, I would get an SC430 and chop the SL's rear---> better quality.

Let's keep this thread or any thread open, tired of seeing threads get closed down b/c of an inappropriate comment.
Old 06-07-05, 02:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have seen this car and the 4 runner in person, they also have a 98 Accord sedan with Lexus / MB front/ rear.

As far as that 100k goes, its more like 100k WORTH of parts at MSRP, when we all know alot of that stuff is picked up used or traded or sponsored yadda yadda. Trust me no sane person sits down and spends that kind of money on.

As far as the Honda flaming, I think 1SICK said it best, for every guy a nice, clean modded Accord sedan, there are 100-200 fools with primer CRX's with cut springs and TV's. Most ClubLexus members are "car" fans, not "brand" fans, so we can appreciate anything.

Now on another note, here is a nicer way to go crazy on a Honda Accord Coupe, same priciple, just MUCH better execution

Old 06-07-05, 08:02 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know about others but for sure i don't have anything about the accord. if anything, i feel bad about the poor accord being ruined completely.

maybe you can take a break
How is the accord ruin? It's got 100K worth of mods, it's now worth more than it ever did when it was new. If you jack that car and sold off the individual parts at a loss, you'd still walk away with alot of money....enough for you to take a very long break.
Old 06-07-05, 08:08 PM
LexFather

How is the accord ruin? It's got 100K worth of mods, it's now worth more than it ever did when it was new. If you jack that car and sold off the individual parts at a loss, you'd still walk away with alot of money....enough for you to take a very long break.
Dude, think about it. Its an Accord. A Honda. It has a Lexus front end and a Merceds Benz rear. While this is common to find on modded Hondas, where they take other car parts and mod their cars, you will notice this is RARE with other brands.

Of course he is exaggerating about the mods. As D-2 stated, he's talking MSRP. Hell he might have included the price of a new SC 430 and a new SL in the price of his mods. Thats over 100k easy

Do you think if he sold it on e-bay, he'd get 100k or anything close? No way. He would be lucky to get $15,000 for his car.

Old 06-07-05, 08:36 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

man....with $100000....couldnt you buy an sc430 and uh...i dont know....supra?
Old 06-07-05, 08:52 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Actually, your the only one defending this guy, everyone else agrees its just a poor decision, even if he likes the car.

So this thread won't be closed, if anything, any infammatory comments will be deleted

This is the INTERNET, people will find pics of cars and post if they hate or love it.
No offense, but I think you're missing the point. What I meant is it'll likely get shutdown due to my views being seen as someone rocking the boat no matter how right I maybe. As you can see, misunderstanding and disagreement has already started, one member has already told me to take a break. Like you said, everyone else agrees that hacking on this guys style is OK. Peace throughout CL land is the prefer route so closing thread helps prevent the outbreak of potentially inflamatory posts. That's how topics like this has been delt with in the past cuz people who like to criticize others don't handle criticism too well, it's a well known fact, it's the very reasons there's so much flaming and senseless arguement all over internet forums. But now you're saying thread won't be close cuz it favors the majority. I'm just not sure if moderator agrees with it. If they do, it could be interesting and even fun. So bring some popcorns.
Old 06-07-05, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

power to you man, i don't think our discussions will go anywhere anyway. basically i get a crap junk from junk yard and put 100k to it and i have a loving machine. you are right man.

spend another 100k and put on the lambo shell on your car, i am sure people will praise you.

and some of us talk about don't get mb style grille on our cars....
Old 06-07-05, 09:30 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

wait wait wait...am i missing the point here..........he spent $100k on this POS!!!

the guy definatley has guts for doing this to an accord .....and also this $100K i agree with D2 that there is NOWAY he spent that money on this car, This has to be one of the most tackiest/nastiest and ridiculously over the top thing i have ever seen.
Old 06-07-05, 09:32 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jet864
But...but...guys, it's got gold, spinners, painted plastic to match the body, modified front AND rear to look like a car it isn't, Louis Vuitton interior (?), and costs more than his house/apartment/homeless shelter!

Who's gonna be the first to defend this guy and his monstrosity? Wait...I don't think homey has a roof period. Not drop top or hard top, but NO roof...that tarp he's parking under better be 3 ply.

James
HHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry - I know this thread is almost dead and I don't mean to reignite the flame - but James ... I'm rolling here.

I don't think he has a roof either - and that's why this is so rediculous. Not only is it an incredible waste - it's totally useless. Its excess shoots far beyond novelty or creativity - and hits stupidity square in the teeth.

M.
Old 06-07-05, 09:53 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Celicamaro, I have to ask bro. Why do you feel the need to be the defender of "extreme" modded cars? When images are posted on the net, it will get around. There will be opinions on the images and people will voice them.

In reading through the thread, there are people with stronger opinions and they voice them that way. Most seem to think there are better ways to spend "$100k". These are their opinions. There is nothing wrong with the opinions coincidentally mostly agree. If you feel different, feel free to post your opinion on how you like the car. If you don't, you are free to say that too and leave it at that. You also have the choice of not posting your opinion.

The problem I see with a number of these threads that end up getting closed (and that you have been involved in) is that you don't really exercise your right to voice (or not) your opinion on the thread subject matter. Instead, you come into the thread feeling like you need to defend the so-called object of ridicule and end up turning it into a discussion of picking on people. For one, this gets people incensed as now you are addressing people (individual or collective) vs the matter at hand. None of them addressed you but end up having you pointing fingers at them. Also, this takes the thread really off topic. This escalation and thread tangent are usually the reasons the threads get closed.

I am only asking because I see a pattern and I am curious to why. I am sure others who read the forum may have noticed this too. As you noticed, the last few posts by mods (including mine) have taken the thread off topic because we had to pause and address your comments.

This is my only thread tangent on the matter. Feel free to respond here but if I have followups, I will talk to you in PMs as I don't want to throw this thread too far off.

Peace.
Old 06-08-05, 12:17 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Do you think if he sold it on e-bay, he'd get 100k or anything close? No way. He would be lucky to get $15,000 for his car.
I don't know what he'll get on e-bay, since this is his pride and joy, and if he's won awards with it, most likely he wouldn't sell it. Odds are very good that if someone who can have access to 100K just for mods, they're smart enough to know that anything short of a Ferrari is going to depreciate including all the mods. This dude sounds like he's been around the block and knows the game. For him to spend that much money, he's hardcore. If he does decide to sell it, I guarantee you and your homeys here wouldn't be anywhere near his scope and will never hear about the sale unless you went out of your way to track his every move. And if some of y'all are that hardcore, that particular persons got issues and I recommend seeking help.

E-bay is full of cheapskates, no one goes to e-bay to pay full price. So by picking it, the only conclusion I can come to is that your intent is to further devalue his ride because you don't like his style. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Of course he is exaggerating about the mods. As D-2 stated, he's talking MSRP. Hell he might have included the price of a new SC 430 and a new SL in the price of his mods. Thats over 100k easy
D-2 may have a good point, but it's still just a guess, no one knows for sure if the owner is exaggerating. If D-2s guess is good enough for you, then I guess it's good enough for you. Personally I applaud this dude for not wasting his money on a sc430 or SL, it would've been even more expensive to mod these two cars and he'll never have a chance of winning or even standing out at the shows.

Dude, think about it. Its an Accord. A Honda. It has a Lexus front end and a Merceds Benz rear. While this is common to find on modded Hondas, where they take other car parts and mod their cars, you will notice this is RARE with other brands.
What do I need to think about? You've just said it, it's a Honda enthusiast thing. That's why it's rare with other brands. Are you trying to convince me to hate on those enthusiasts because they don't spend their money or style their vehicles the way y'all do?
Old 06-08-05, 02:26 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what he'll get on e-bay, since this is his pride and joy, and if he's won awards with it, most likely he wouldn't sell it. Odds are very good that if someone who can have access to 100K just for mods, they're smart enough to know that anything short of a Ferrari is going to depreciate including all the mods. This dude sounds like he's been around the block and knows the game. For him to spend that much money, he's hardcore. If he does decide to sell it, I guarantee you and your homeys here wouldn't be anywhere near his scope and will never hear about the sale unless you went out of your way to track his every move. And if some of y'all are that hardcore, that particular persons got issues and I recommend seeking help.

E-bay is full of cheapskates, no one goes to e-bay to pay full price. So by picking it, the only conclusion I can come to is that your intent is to further devalue his ride because you don't like his style. Perhaps I'm wrong?

D-2 may have a good point, but it's still just a guess, no one knows for sure if the owner is exaggerating. If D-2s guess is good enough for you, then I guess it's good enough for you. Personally I applaud this dude for not wasting his money on a sc430 or SL, it would've been even more expensive to mod these two cars and he'll never have a chance of winning or even standing out at the shows.

What do I need to think about? You've just said it, it's a Honda enthusiast thing. That's why it's rare with other brands. Are you trying to convince me to hate on those enthusiasts because they don't spend their money or style their vehicles the way y'all do?

bc he has access to 100k, it means he must be smart??? i wish i lived in your world, id have millions... most likely he wouldnt sell it??? people sell cars all the time, and at one point, it will either be wrecked or sold. in the real world, he would be building up another car to same style, then sell this one. and compete with his newer updated "cooler" car. ebay is not a place to sell cheap cars, it is a place to get your car noticed by those who are selling their cars.

there are plenty of stock cars, or slightly modified cars that are just on ebay bc it's cheap, and it gets your car noticed. even if no one bids, you get offers after the auction ends. so saying ebay is for cheap cars is a poor generalization. then you go to say he was devauluating his car more by saying it wouldnt be sold for high on ebay... he was not devaulating the car, GOPIE is

you do know that mods dont mean crap for resale right? the only reason this car would get more than a stock honda is bc of the extent of the mods. besides the fact that most wouldnt want this car(not bc they hate it, but because they want to customize it themselves) does not mean his car sucks. the car is only worth what people would pay for it... now look around this forum. people buy cars not for how they look only, but how they perform. and im willing to bet money that these cars in low mentality... are all very slightly modified, if not stock. and their suspension is pneumatic suspension, so it's not going to handle well. so now you have a poor handling, slow car, that looks funny. so even if someone likes how it looks, they wont buy it bc a, they want to customize one themselves, or b, they would get no use from it.

it's only valuable to him, and that 100k is ENTIRELY jacked up. have you ever priced parts of a car? they arent more than 10k for that SC430 front and SL rear. so there's 20k alone, if they both cost 10k a piece. suspension, and 5k wheels, and all the tvs he wants, wont push that car to 100k. it is very hard to put 100k worth of mods on a car. that 100k price tag probably includes msrp prices, EXTENSIVE LABOR prices, and few parts prices, then the extra price tag bc he didnt source the cheapest parts possible.

seriously, as rominl said, unless we are making fun of him to his face, why do you feel the need to be defender of the internet? same with the honda guy and his bmw badges. you had extensive stories about how the fat bastard was making fun of him and tricked him into posing for the pics so he could slam him on the internet...

im glad you feel the need to help people, but guess what, you saying what you do here, isn't helping him at all. he will never know that you said "guys, stop it" or that we are even talking about him. you are not helping HIM at all, you are helping yourself bc this makes you feel good to be defender of crap cars

no one was saying, hey celicamaro, come in here and defend him, and no one asked you to. so for you to point fingers at others and say, "hey you, get your hands off of her"</mcfly> is just useless

end rant...

btw, that car is disgusting. good job on the work, but just slapping everything on your car your money can buy doesn't show any intelligence at all. let me go ad a ferrari enzo nose to the front of my car just bc i have the money

Last edited by EGainer; 06-08-05 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-08-05, 04:08 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
Celicamaro, I have to ask bro. Why do you feel the need to be the defender of "extreme" modded cars? When images are posted on the net, it will get around. There will be opinions on the images and people will voice them.
I think it's the same feeling those who feel compel to knock on others taste get. Strange as it may seem and some will find it hard to believe, but I'm not defending those "extreme"modded cars. I'm defending the owners right to do what they want to their rides cuz it's their money, especially when it's a showcar design to win awards. I don't have problems with opinions. It is the mean spirited and offbase insults that I find disturbing and feel the need to jump in. The owners of these "extreme" vehicles are unfairly being ridiculed all over the net and doesn't even know it, good natured jabs are fine with me(cuz everyone does goofy things sometimes), but many comments are just plain rude and uncall for. For example: The last "ricer" thread here contains a link to a video of this dude having a blast drifting his Honda Civic. He's being called a Ricer for driving a FWD really well, that Civic doesn't even have a big wing, tons of stickers, or an annoying coffee can exhaust. So if I was to call the thread starter a dumbazz(which I didn't), he'd and others be offended, yet he has no problem branding someone else a ricer.

My intent is to let the abusers know that some people find their posts to be offensive and disrespectful. Hopefully they'll be more sensitive the next time, that's all I'm asking. When people go out of their ways to find images or video clips of peoples pride and joy for the sole purpose of cheap entetainment. That's low and unnesesary, it's like mainstream media calling Michael Jackson "Wacko Jacko" instead of just Michael Jackson. The man hasn't done anything to them to be called that. Whats up with the insults? Just because everyone agree it's OK to knock on those guy, it's still not right.

I didn't start the fire, I'm only dumping it back., and if my tactic seem abrasive, maybe people will know that's how others feel when they dish out their unthoughtful opinions. I'm seen as more of the bad guy simply cuz my view is in the minority. It doesn't bother me since I know It's all a numbers game with internet forums. If there were more members who share my views, this wouldn't even be an issue and someone else will be on the defensive. But no matter who outnumbers who, as a perceptive moderator, I hope you can see that I'm actually promoting peace.

In reading through the thread, there are people with stronger opinions and they voice them that way. Most seem to think there are better ways to spend "$100k". These are their opinions. There is nothing wrong with the opinions coincidentally mostly agree. If you feel different, feel free to post your opinion on how you like the car. If you don't, you are free to say that too and leave it at that. You also have the choice of not posting your opinion.

The problem I see with a number of these threads that end up getting closed (and that you have been involved in) is that you don't really exercise your right to voice (or not) your opinion on the thread subject matter. Instead, you come into the thread feeling like you need to defend the so-called object of ridicule and end up turning it into a discussion of picking on people. For one, this gets people incensed as now you are addressing people (individual or collective) vs the matter at hand. None of them addressed you but end up having you pointing fingers at them. Also, this takes the thread really off topic. This escalation and thread tangent are usually the reasons the threads get closed.

Peace.
Very good analysis, I understand what you're saying and agree.. But on these kinds of threads it's different and what you've pointed out cannot be applied effectively, so I gotta ask, is it wrong to defend especially when the very nature of the thread already puts me in that position? I know I can always choose to ignore them, but these threads already addresss people from the start(exactly what you've said I've been engaging in), that's why there is no need for me to comment on the thread subject since most of the comments I find to be negative are directed at the "extremely" modded vehicles owner. The way I see it ...when you pick on a mans pride and joy, you are essentially picking on him. He and those who share his views are force to have to defend, it's human nature and the right thing to do. Perhaps if others were more considerate.

I am only asking because I see a pattern and I am curious to why. I am sure others who read the forum may have noticed this too. As you noticed, the last few posts by mods (including mine) have taken the thread off topic because we had to pause and address your comments.

This is my only thread tangent on the matter. Feel free to respond here but if I have followups, I will talk to you in PMs as I don't want to throw this thread too far off.

Peace.

Thanks for inquiring and giving me the chance to clarify my stance. I think the pattern you're seeing is cuz I'm annoyed and no longer have the patience since these cheapshots have been going on too long. So I go straight to the guilty individual and deal with it directly, unfortunately that also attracts others who don't fully or (don't care) to understand the situation into the mix and then everything goes off tangent. I'll try a different approach and incorporate more of the points you've mentioned above. But I can't guarantee it'll be less abrasive to certain views.
Old 06-08-05, 04:14 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EGainer
bc he has access to 100k, it means he must be smart??? i wish i lived in your world, id have millions... most likely he wouldnt sell it??? people sell cars all the time, and at one point, it will either be wrecked or sold. in the real world, he would be building up another car to same style, then sell this one. and compete with his newer updated "cooler" car. ebay is not a place to sell cheap cars, it is a place to get your car noticed by those who are selling their cars.

there are plenty of stock cars, or slightly modified cars that are just on ebay bc it's cheap, and it gets your car noticed. even if no one bids, you get offers after the auction ends. so saying ebay is for cheap cars is a poor generalization. then you go to say he was devauluating his car more by saying it wouldnt be sold for high on ebay... he was not devaulating the car, GOPIE is

you do know that mods dont mean crap for resale right? the only reason this car would get more than a stock honda is bc of the extent of the mods. besides the fact that most wouldnt want this car(not bc they hate it, but because they want to customize it themselves) does not mean his car sucks. the car is only worth what people would pay for it... now look around this forum. people buy cars not for how they look only, but how they perform. and im willing to bet money that these cars in low mentality... are all very slightly modified, if not stock. and their suspension is pneumatic suspension, so it's not going to handle well. so now you have a poor handling, slow car, that looks funny. so even if someone likes how it looks, they wont buy it bc a, they want to customize one themselves, or b, they would get no use from it.

it's only valuable to him, and that 100k is ENTIRELY jacked up. have you ever priced parts of a car? they arent more than 10k for that SC430 front and SL rear. so there's 20k alone, if they both cost 10k a piece. suspension, and 5k wheels, and all the tvs he wants, wont push that car to 100k. it is very hard to put 100k worth of mods on a car. that 100k price tag probably includes msrp prices, EXTENSIVE LABOR prices, and few parts prices, then the extra price tag bc he didnt source the cheapest parts possible.

seriously, as rominl said, unless we are making fun of him to his face, why do you feel the need to be defender of the internet? same with the honda guy and his bmw badges. you had extensive stories about how the fat bastard was making fun of him and tricked him into posing for the pics so he could slam him on the internet...

im glad you feel the need to help people, but guess what, you saying what you do here, isn't helping him at all. he will never know that you said "guys, stop it" or that we are even talking about him. you are not helping HIM at all, you are helping yourself bc this makes you feel good to be defender of crap cars

no one was saying, hey celicamaro, come in here and defend him, and no one asked you to. so for you to point fingers at others and say, "hey you, get your hands of her"</mcfly> is just useless

end rant...

btw, that car is disgusting. good job on the work, but just slapping everything on your car your money can buy doesn't show any intelligence at all. let me go ad a ferrari enzo nose to the front of my car just bc i have the money
I'm speechless....

Quick Reply: Take a Look at This Car . . .