Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Take a Look at This Car . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-05, 04:28 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you spent how much??????????on that????????
Attached Thumbnails Take a Look at This Car . . .-ha-ha.jpg  
Old 06-08-05, 04:36 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
I'm speechless....
finally
Old 06-08-05, 08:57 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally, the aliens have landed.................
Old 06-09-05, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for all i care, i don't think anyone is stopping this guy from modding his car, so what's the problem? why do you have to defend him? he still has all the freedom to mod his car the way he wants. but that does NOT, and i repeat does NOT, stop anyone from laughing at him for what he's doing, period
Old 06-09-05, 02:06 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
for all i care, i don't think anyone is stopping this guy from modding his car, so what's the problem? why do you have to defend him? he still has all the freedom to mod his car the way he wants. but that does NOT, and i repeat does NOT, stop anyone from laughing at him for what he's doing, period

ditto

check out the plain old honda gearbox !!
Old 06-09-05, 09:52 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
Well I've already stated why I defend him and other enthusiasts who don't share your tastes in vehicle stylin, now it's time for you to tell everyone "why you have a problem" with me defending him . But if you don't feel you have a problem and only I seem to be the one with problem with y'all tearin this guy up. I don't know what else to say, except "you have the right not to respond to my posts", if you choose to, don't blame me for anything that'll upset you and homeys feelings as a result. That fair enough?
Old 06-09-05, 10:04 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've already stated why I defend him and other enthusiasts who don't share your tastes in vehicle stylin, now it's time for you to tell everyone "why you have a problem" with me defending him . But if you don't feel you have a problem and only I seem to be the one with problem with y'all tearin this guy up. I don't know what else to say, except "you have the right not to respond to my posts", if you choose to, don't blame me for anything that'll upset you and homeys feelings as a result. That fair enough?
Dude, why is that you always get slammed for your posts?
I mean I don't agree with your opinion to back this dude up but I don't see why everyone else has to get on your case about it.
This is clublexus we're civilized people. We should be the most open of all car forums. C'mon guys family love!

Yea... that's too much money on a 94 Accord but whatever dude your money. He's a fan of Accords and decided to do something drastic. Not my taste but hey if it makes you truely happy.
Old 06-09-05, 10:20 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
I mean I don't agree with your opinion to back this dude up but I don't see why everyone else has to get on your case about it.
This is clublexus we're civilized people. We should be the most open of all car forums. C'mon guys family love!
If you reread all the threads that involves him, you will see a trend:

1. Car with questionable modding style is posted
2. Members post opinions (mostly negative), some are stated nicer than others. The opinions are mostly on the car but sometimes on the owner
3. celicacamaro takes offense and starts addressing members who posted opinions
4. Member responds
5. Other members backup responding member with their take on the matter
6. Thread goes off topic and turns into a discussion of putting down cars on the net
7. Thread gets closed

I am just stating fact and not my opinion on the situation. As you can see, things usually start down this path because celicacamaro brings it up. He seems to be on a mission and starts these discussions. I don't think anyone is slamming his posts. If he intends to "reprimand" members for their actions, he should expect a reply mirroring his harshness.

I don't agree with his actions or opinion but he has mostly been civil (although heated) about it without resorting to bad name calling. As I would expect him to respect others in the voicing of their opinions, I respect his right to voice his. If things start to step over the line, closure is not far behind.
Old 06-09-05, 10:53 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koma

Yea... that's too much money on a 94 Accord but whatever dude your money. He's a fan of Accords and decided to do something drastic. Not my taste but hey if it makes you truely happy.
Majority rules!! They think their ways is superior, the world should think and do things like them, anyone that don't share their views or taste gets ganged up with nasty remarks. But if their little world is rocked, everyone gangs up on the rocker. Those who like to dish it out are almost always the first to get nasty when they get a taste of their own medicine. It happens on every forum, only difference is it's a bit more civilize here.

I'm 100% sure it'll a different ballgame if more members post the way you do( ). Unfortunately you're in the minority.
Old 06-09-05, 11:25 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Majority rules!! They think their ways is superior, the world should think and do things like them, anyone that don't share their views or taste gets ganged up with nasty remarks. But if their little world is rocked, everyone gangs up on the rocker. Those who like to dish it out are almost always the first to get nasty when they get a taste of their own medicine. It happens on every forum, only difference is it's a bit more civilize here.
We definitely have different takes on how things are. Obviously, this is how you view these types of thread. Let me give an example of how I see it.

Imagine that this is the Strawberry Ice Cream Lover's forum. Someone posts a thread about some guy somewhere eating chololate ice cream with his steak. Then members post responses.

Some are along this line:

Member 1: That's just not right.
Member 2: Those two just don't go together.

Some are more strongly worded:

Member 3: He is an idiot for doing that.
Member 4: Who in their right mind would do something like that?

Some are more inappropriate to the subject at hand:

Member 5: Look at how he dresses. No wonder he is such a spaz and eats that way.
Member 6: He must be a Momma's Boy and suck his thumb at night because any non-retarded person would not do that.

Now, I apologize if any of these statements are offensive. I was just making a point. They all put down the chocolate ice cream/steak eater, just in different ways.

Somewhere along the way, you come into the thread.

celicacamaro: Member 5, stop hatin on the guy. He is probably better off than you since he can afford a steak to go with his ice cream.
celicacamaro: Don't you guys have anything better to do than putting down someone with different tastes than you.

Now I certainly agree that majority rules. Come on, it is a strawberry ice cream lover's forum. The opinion is different but not necessarily superior. The members, though, do think strawberry ice cream is better than other flavors, not to mention other weird combinations. They agree. That is why they are here and it is their right to disagree with someone else.

You must like strawberry ice cream to a certain extent or else you would not be here. You don't state, however, your opinion on the chocolate ice cream and steak eater. You did not rock the boat with an opinion. You rocked the boat by pointing fingers at members. You did not voice an opinion on their love of strawberry ice cream (like most everyone else did on the chocolate/steak combo) but you voice an opinion on their character for putting down someone with a different taste. You did NOT give the members a taste of their own medicine. You dished out a different type of medicine, one to do with a personal nature and not on their love of strawberry ice cream.

Do you see the difference?
Old 06-09-05, 11:59 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or you could just rant like me, lol
Old 06-09-05, 12:47 PM
LexFather

Even I am learning (and it took me 5 years on auto forums to do it) to just pick my battles.

We can disagree about this, even if its 3000 to 1, once we are respectful. CelicaCamaro, you need backup

Old 06-09-05, 03:22 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Question

Well if majority rules what has been the opinion then for:
1) Honda forums?
2) Mercedes forums?..........since we have the opinions here for Lexus already

Just wondering if they praised him or criticized him?

Amethysc, look what you started...........j/k
Old 06-09-05, 03:55 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

E-bay is full of cheapskates, no one goes to e-bay to pay full price.
I have to disagree. For example: I use Ebay because I do not want to be bothered with going to the store and purchasing something I do not need at the moment. Why waste my time going to the store when I can get the exact same thing on Ebay?

People do go to Ebay to pay the "full price." The buy-it-now option is used all the time to remove uncertainty of the bid.

Last edited by bizzy928; 06-09-05 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-09-05, 04:03 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Well if majority rules what has been the opinion then for:
1) Honda forums?
2) Mercedes forums?..........since we have the opinions here for Lexus already

Just wondering if they praised him or criticized him?

Amethysc, look what you started...........j/k
we will soon find out....

Quick Reply: Take a Look at This Car . . .