Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Take a Look at This Car . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05 | 04:18 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

for those who wondered what mb and honda drivers would say.... take a looK

mbworld.org

honda-acura.net
Old 06-09-05 | 04:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by EGainer
for those who wondered what mb and honda drivers would say.... take a looK

mbworld.org

honda-acura.net
Even his Honda brothers hate it. GOod find
Old 06-09-05 | 04:35 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lol. He did not find it. He asked the question.
Old 06-09-05 | 04:45 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

if you ever see an egainer on a forum, there's a good chance it's me

im on many forums as egainer

audiworld, clublex, mbworld, honda-acura, hondaprelude, camaroz28, etc
Old 06-09-05 | 04:45 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Look at his eyes! Look at this man's eyes! They are the same color as his dash for Christ's sake! That's not from weed, hes smoking crack!!

Here's the real rules for club lexus:

1. Between pages 2 and 3 of a car related discussion someone has to make a racially intolerant comment off hand which must be picked apart and discussed in further detail untill a formal apology by the person who made the comment is written.

2. Even when proof that the man who put an alleged $100,000 into his car was, and still is, on crack, a 3 page discussion on how everyone should respect his right to smoke rocks and put SC headlights and SL taillights on his 1994 Accord must ensue.

3. At the first sign of the word "rice" six members must post up a 3 paragraph response that %4 of people that see the topic actually read explaining how rice is a racially intolerant word and the proper term is "untastefully modded car"

Come on you guys are way to PC, this is the problem with Lexus owners alot of people think Lexus owners have a stick up their *** and are too politically correct. This is a car club and part of loving cars is ripping on the ones that suck.

If that man had a piece of human feces on his face wouldn't you tell him? Cause him driving around in that car is no different, I for one would look him in his bloodshot twacked out eyes and say "dude ______________"

Do you know what I think? I think that car is an abortion, but if he likes it then good for him, it was his money so he should enjoy it.

Now lighten up people! Remember we are here for fun! (and naked pictures of vida god damn!!)
Old 06-09-05 | 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

hHAHAHAA, this is so owned man. boy, where do you find love huh
Old 06-10-05 | 11:47 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
We definitely have different takes on how things are. Obviously, this is how you view these types of thread. Let me give an example of how I see it.

Imagine that this is the Strawberry Ice Cream Lover's forum. Someone posts a thread about some guy somewhere eating chololate ice cream with his steak. Then members post responses.

Some are along this line:

Member 1: That's just not right.
Member 2: Those two just don't go together.

Some are more strongly worded:

Member 3: He is an idiot for doing that.
Member 4: Who in their right mind would do something like that?

Some are more inappropriate to the subject at hand:

Member 5: Look at how he dresses. No wonder he is such a spaz and eats that way.
Member 6: He must be a Momma's Boy and suck his thumb at night because any non-retarded person would not do that.

Now, I apologize if any of these statements are offensive. I was just making a point. They all put down the chocolate ice cream/steak eater, just in different ways.

Somewhere along the way, you come into the thread.

celicacamaro: Member 5, stop hatin on the guy. He is probably better off than you since he can afford a steak to go with his ice cream.
celicacamaro: Don't you guys have anything better to do than putting down someone with different tastes than you.

Now I certainly agree that majority rules. Come on, it is a strawberry ice cream lover's forum. The opinion is different but not necessarily superior. The members, though, do think strawberry ice cream is better than other flavors, not to mention other weird combinations. They agree. That is why they are here and it is their right to disagree with someone else.

You must like strawberry ice cream to a certain extent or else you would not be here. You don't state, however, your opinion on the chocolate ice cream and steak eater. You did not rock the boat with an opinion. You rocked the boat by pointing fingers at members. You did not voice an opinion on their love of strawberry ice cream (like most everyone else did on the chocolate/steak combo) but you voice an opinion on their character for putting down someone with a different taste. You did NOT give the members a taste of their own medicine. You dished out a different type of medicine, one to do with a personal nature and not on their love of strawberry ice cream.

Do you see the difference?
Uh...No. You're only confirming what I've said to be true...Majority rules....and you're more symphathetic to their views. Like 1sicklex said, I need backup.

Respecting others right to disagree is all good with me, but taking cheapshots or being negative towards others for having taste other than ones own is a different thing and one that you've choose not to address and is the basis of my posts. If majority approves, it must be OK and I should go along or option not to voice my opinion is what I'm getting from your posts. You seem to feel that it is my personal shot at other member rather than sticking with the subject at hand is what's causing all this mess. Allow me to break it down for you as to why I think you're wrong.

First of all, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is only the second thread of this nature that have gotten heated that I was involved in. I've made a few quick sarcastic posts in one other thread that didn't cause any heat, but that's it. This is also the first time I've addressed a member(beside the time when tthis STEVtec dude tried to punk y'all and RONgs400 and I blown his cover.) Other than that, the only really heated thread was about the Accord with BMW emblems, in that one I stuck to the topic and people were all over me. I don't recall ever knocking on any member personally, I recall many sure got on my case for voicing my opinion on the subject at hand, even you. You never once brought up "stay with the subject at hand", it was never an issue. In that thread I did what you said, I voiced my opinion on the subject at hand(the fat bastard in the reflection). Somehow that didn't sit too well with you and you feel you have to jump in to defend the "fat bastard" and thereby helping out other members(as if there aren't enough members disagreeing with me already). This thread here is NOwhere near as heated even when I was addressing a member as you've said. I'm not even sure why you need to jump in this one, it's been civilized as you've said. Everyone seem to think there's something wrong with me for wanting to defend these cars.

It is the thread itself that causes heated debates and causes threads to go offtopic, it is it's nature, happens everywhere, it is NOT my personal shots at a member for their views. If you reread this thread, practically no one care to come to Tecknol(the original member I addressed) aid. No one care that I took a personal shot(except you) because they all want to do the same thing to me, they are more concern at what I have to say about the topic, just like the accord 745 thread. Some members can't wait to exorcist me out of my views(although civil). Even you want to know why I defend those cars(perhaps you and others think I'm weird or y'all just curious to see what makes me tick?). At the bottom of page 5, You'll also notice that another member has issues with me saying "e-bay is full of cheapskates", that's not even related to the subject at hand, it was something 1sicklex brought up, but I don't see you telling them to stick to the topic at hand. I could have a debate with this dude all day long about e-bay, but that would throw thread off topic.

Point is, people are going to find something to disagree with anyone about anything under the right circumstances, things are going to go offtopic wether I'm involve or not. To say that my personal shots at others is what's causing it is not fair especially when there's little facts to support it. It's just your personal view. Personal shot generally happen when someone has already crossed someone elses threshold like Tecknol did by calling that accord a POS and knocking Honda enthusiasts by saying Honda owners are always trying to hide their cars identity. I'm a Honda enthusiats, I maynot style my vehicle like that, but I'm still a Honda enthusiast, I'm also a CL member, if anyone who took personal shot at a member here, it is the member who I originally addressed because he already addressed me(although not directly, but still the same IMO). When he did it, it's OK, no one cares, not even you, but when I address him(directly), all of the sudden mods put me under a microscope.You went out of your way to do a pattern on me for all to see what a trouble starter I am. Now you see how I may get the feeling you're bias and may have a hidden agenda against me? My not running with the herd causes more heat than anything, doesn't matter if it's here or on another forum. I've been around, I know. It's almost always the same results and has nothing to do with my personal crack at any forum members at all. If you don't believe me, watch my next post.

Basically your theory about me is premature at best. To those who don't care to read all the posts, it may have a certain value in discreting me cuz it's coming from a moderator. Besides that, it 's just your opinion on what you think is the cause. If I wasn't cool, I'd consider that your personal shot at me, you are breaking your own rule and throwing thread off topic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start anything with you. You went out of your way to point out my flaws, it's only fair I defend myself. If it sounded slightly abrasive, don't take it the wrong way, my command of the english langauge is far inferior to yours.

Well...that's about all I got out of your little strawberry tale. Obviously we both don't agree on the same thing, So allow me to elaborate a bit more since I still get the feeling you still think I'm not understanding this and vice versa. Before I do that, I'd like to ask some question.

If I comment on your personal take (strawberry example), does that mean it's going to get personal and no longer about the subject at hand? And if I should say something wrong like "that strawberry sample is retarded", would that be consider a personal attack or is that considered responding to the topic at hand correctly as you've been trying to tell me? If you can clear that up for me, I'll have a better understanding of where you're coming from. But first I want to thank you for taking the time to write up that little sample.

Here we go....I think knocking on someone for their style and how they spent their money is the same as me knocking on a member for voicing his opinion. Cars dont' mod themselves, at least I don't know of any yet, so it's all personal no matter how one sugar coats it. What the owner did to that Accord is basically his opinion, he made the call on how he wants it done. He might not say it with words, but He did it with alot time and money to make his opinion known, seen and hopefully win an award, (carshows don't give awards to stock cars that were designed with compramises for the masses). So when you knock on a guys pride and joy, you are knocking on him personally. Everyones going to have their own interpretation of this so I'll leave it at that.

Bottomline....We can all enjoy strawberries to our hearts content without needing to throw negative remarks at those who prefers icecream with steak. I mean this is CL and not Maxima.org after all, one can still voice ones opinions effectively without cheapshots. Y'all have done that very well here and I'm learning alot. Cheapshots and biasness is what bothers me, doesn't matter if they're a member or nonmember. Notice I didn't respond to those who voiced their disagreement in a mature manner? THis type of threads almost always generates cheapshots. Perhaps Neo can use his moderator power to create a better CL world for all of us so a minority view like mine wouldn't have to rock the boat? I don't want to be seen as Jesse Jackson to get my points across. Y'all banned name calling and other abrasive remark towards other members, why not include that for nonmembers too? Members who feel their fun are being taken away can always join ricecop or similar sites on the side to get their daily fill of negativities. CL is famous for being civil and open minded, that seem like the next logical step.

Originally Posted by Neo
If you reread all the threads that involves him, you will see a trend:

1. Car with questionable modding style is posted
2. Members post opinions (mostly negative), some are stated nicer than others. The opinions are mostly on the car but sometimes on the owner
3. celicacamaro takes offense and starts addressing members who posted opinions
4. Member responds
5. Other members backup responding member with their take on the matter
6. Thread goes off topic and turns into a discussion of putting down cars on the net
7. Thread gets closed

I am just stating fact and not my opinion on the situation. As you can see, things usually start down this path because celicacamaro brings it up. He seems to be on a mission and starts these discussions. I don't think anyone is slamming his posts. If he intends to "reprimand" members for their actions, he should expect a reply mirroring his harshness.

I don't agree with his actions or opinion but he has mostly been civil (although heated) about it without resorting to bad name calling. As I would expect him to respect others in the voicing of their opinions, I respect his right to voice his. If things start to step over the line, closure is not far behind.

Since we're bringing up patterns here, allow me to post one of my own. I know this is going to throw thread off topic somewhat, but hey, you started it.

- When a neutral member posts something similar to what KOMA has, thread gets shutdown soon after with "now that everyones got their say on the subject or topic".

If he intends to "reprimand" members for their actions, he should expect a reply mirroring his harshness.
This should apply to everyone.

6. Thread goes off topic and turns into a discussion of putting down cars on the net
Thread has always been about putting down cars on the net!! All discussions that knocks on someone elses taste goes unchallenged and is acceptable. When it does get challenged, it's somehow off topic? Perhaps you can clarify, but the way I see it, You can't have one without the other, it's the yin and yang effect, too much evil needs some good to keep the universe in balance. Unless it's Lucas star wars universe where Jedis come in all shape, size, colors and race except asian, eventho the whole jedi concept and fighting are blatant copies of the asian warrior ways. That would be off topic.
Old 06-10-05 | 11:50 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Even I am learning (and it took me 5 years on auto forums to do it) to just pick my battles.

We can disagree about this, even if its 3000 to 1, once we are respectful. CelicaCamaro, you need backup
You got that right...I need LOT OF BACKUP!!s
Old 06-10-05 | 12:01 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Y'all wanna see a car that ain't gonna win any award? Here it is.

What a waste of time and money. All that just to look like a boring stock car, dude even has the ***** to enter a carshow. Bad mistake, just look at the reaction of the crowd. Everybodies turning away. Not a single person, I REPEAT, NOT ONE except the camera dude is looking or even noticing this invisible thing. A camry probably gets more attention. The owner could at least save the money for painting the headlight and spend it on some V-TEC sticker and strategically placed it on the hood or something. Now he can't drive that stock looking car with painted headlight on the street cuz it's illegal. Talk about wrong use of money, but hey, it's his money.
Old 06-10-05 | 12:06 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

celicacamaro-that guy's car is a piece of crap and we don't care if you don't like the fact that we feel that way. get over it. we were all painfully aware of your opion from your first post, but you go on and on.

If you like it so much, write the guy a letter......

Last edited by chuckb; 06-10-05 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-10-05 | 12:16 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

that car is in better shape than a lot of the cars in this forum.

heck, that car is in better shape than either one of my cars...

props for the work.

That car should win some shows... creative, and unique...

Those who are speculating that he doesn't have a legitimate source of money: for all we know he works for a custom car place and makes a crapload of money and did a lot of the money himself.... The car could be priced at 100k... 50k of it being labor... it would take a lot of time to make the car look as such.

And he achieved his goal.

He's on car forums, he's on newspaper, he's online and people are talking about him and his car.

He got his point across. He got noticed. Maybe it was his life long dream to have his 15 minutes of fame. (now extending to several).

He wins

I applaud.

BTW: I still don't like the car. lol
Old 06-10-05 | 01:01 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chuckb
celicacamaro-that guy's car is a piece of crap and we don't care if you don't like the fact that we feel that way. get over it. we were all painfully aware of your opion from your first post, but you go on and on.

If you like it so much, write the guy a letter......
You've made your point twice already chuck, how bout we stick to topic at hand?
Old 06-10-05 | 01:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Y'all wanna see a car that ain't gonna win any award? Here it is.

What a waste of time and money. All that just to look like a boring stock car, dude even has the ***** to enter a carshow. Bad mistake, just look at the reaction of the crowd. Everybodies turning away. Not a single person, I REPEAT, NOT ONE except the camera dude is looking or even noticing this invisible thing. A camry probably gets more attention. The owner could at least save the money for painting the headlight and spend it on some V-TEC sticker and strategically placed it on the hood or something. Now he can't drive that stock looking car with painted headlight on the street cuz it's illegal. Talk about wrong use of money, but hey, it's his money.
Well to maybe you and I don't think it will win an award, but to that type of crowd or certain genre the judges are looking for, it could be a award winner in their eyes. How does taking a picture at 1/500 of a second or whatever the picture was taken at means no one was interested in looking at the car. It just could so happen that when the pic was taken after people were looking at it. There are so many different scenarios to that photo taken. The photographer got what he wanted though, no one in the line of site of his photo. It's the owners perrogative and tastes he put his car in that state it is. Let it be. It's not going to change because of our opinion of it. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 06-10-05 | 01:32 PM
Neo
The One

This is my first post in this thread.
Originally Posted by Neo
Holy crap. What a waste of $100k. It's his money, I guess.
I would have spent $100k on something else but basically agree that it is his money to do as he wishes. I think it is a nice show car piece and I am sure he gets the attention he intended the car to get, whether it be at car shows or on the street. I do applaud him for his time, money, and dedication to something he likes. It does not mean I have to agree with it and do the same thing.

This is your first post in this thread. You first addressed technol and then everyone else (y'all). This is the first difference between your initial post and other members' posts.
Originally Posted by Celicamaro
People like you. Maybe if y'all stop hatin on Honda, dude wouldn't have to spend 100K to hide his accord just so he can have some peace. But even after 100K, you still got to find something to knock on the guy. You're right, maybe some crack might do you good.
Maybe it is in one of your posts but I don't think you said what you thought of the car. If you did, I apologize for missing it. Once you posted, though, the focus of the thread started to move away from the "hybrid" car. I have owned a Toyota, a Nissans, a Honda, and a VW. I do not take offense when people say things about Honda guys. I don't even consider myself a Lexus guy. There are good ones and bad ones in all car types. I've seen, IMO, badly modded Lexus, some even on CL. That is, however, the owner's prerogative and taste. I can respect that. Car ownership/enthusiasm does not define me.

As far as this thread goes, I do agree with you that some of the comments were a bit strong but everyone has a personal way of expressing themselves. Some are "no holds barred" more than others. Still, the comments are about the car. If you posted an opinion, even to the contrary, and another member put you down for it, I would address that member too. (If I did not do that, I apologize.) The thing is, other member responses to you were replies to something you wrote about their attitudes and not in the context of your opinion of the car.

You have to remember something. You are on a Lexus site. On top of that, many (but definitely not all) of the members have (not exact but) similar tastes. This is why they are here, to be comfortable with like-minded people. I do not agree with everything my CL brethren (which includes you) posts, but I am happy to agree to disagree. I don't feel the need to challenge them on their behaviors. This mutual tolerance is part of the reason for the peace and comfortable atmosphere on CL.

In addition to a Lexus, I have an Acura MDX. Not everyone likes this car but that's what I have. I know that 1SICKLEX dislikes this car but I have no problem with him calling it a big mess. (I think he said that in a previous post. ) That's why he does not want to own one. No big deal with me. I also like home theater and a variety of other things. I am registered and contribute (though definitely not as much as here) on forums related to those topics. Am I on a Honda, Maxima, Caddilac, ... forum? No. I have no interest in what they think not because of their membership behaviors, attitudes, and opinions whatever they may be, but because I personally do not have a vested interest.

If they post my car and say it is a piece of crap. If I am ignorant of it, I don't care. If I hear about it, I would feel a little sad, but ultimately, I still don't care. That is their opinion on their site. They feel that way and stay with eachother on that forum. I am not there. I have no affinity with them. I would not register to "defend" myself. It is not worth my time. I would not want anyone else to waste their time either.

I applaud you for trying to increase tolerance but in the microcosm that is CL (or any other forum of similar-minded members), it is not going to happen. Remember, people who are active like the fact that their views are accepted and that's why they come back and contribute. For the most part, I think many here are tolerant of what this guy did to his car (whether or not they agree with him). You don't see the 30k+ members coming in here and blasting the guy, right?

To answer some of your direct questions:
f I comment on your personal take (strawberry example), does that mean it's going to get personal and no longer about the subject at hand? And if I should say something wrong like "that strawberry sample is retarded", would that be consider a personal attack or is that considered responding to the topic at hand correctly as you've been trying to tell me? If you can clear that up for me, I'll have a better understanding of where you're coming from.
This would not be a personal attack IMO. You are making an observation that the example did not fit the circumstances. Yes I know I wrote it but I personally would not take offense. I makes me want to try to write something more appropriate. "You must be an idiot or on crack to think that sample is relevant." This is an attack since you are addressing me.

Perhaps Neo can use his moderator power to create a better CL world for all of us so a minority view like mine wouldn't have to rock the boat?
Yes, one of my personal goals is the first part of this statement/question. I enjoy being on CL and the relationship with the members. When I took on the responsibility as a mod, I do want to contribute to the continual growth of CL.

As for the second part, I have no problem with your views. I don't even want to call it a minority. One some levels, I do agree with you but we pick our battles. If you opened a thread and ask "Why must we bash cars and their owners if we don't like their style?", it would be a more appropriate arena to discuss your issue. This whole discussion in this thread would be moot. My only exception is you choose to voice this topic in threads that "proves" your point but is not about your point. Can you honestly tell me that if left unchecked, you would not repeat this action in another like thread? Maybe not in everyone of them but that there would not be a recurrence of it?

I will have to agree to disagree with you about the "attack the car, attack the owner" issue. Disagreeing with the way the car is modded and the tastes of the owner does not necessarily add up to an attack on the owner.

I do agree with you that this thread has gone off and I am contributing to it. Mods or not, we do have opinions and we do voice them as members. Originally, I was just trying to stem the discussion from becoming about something else other than the posted car. Because I have been pretty much sucked into the discussion, it is no longer appropriate for me to manage this thread as a mod and will let the other mods do that. I do not want to be accused of misusing my "powers" to get in the last word.

Last edited by Neo; 06-10-05 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-10-05 | 01:39 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

wow flipside just became celicamaro, and celicamaro was being funny by acting like that, bc he's saying we act like that toward the other car...

except that the majority wins, and its not bc they are the majority, it's bc it's common appeal

on AVERAGE, you know when you see a beautiful person, and when you see an ugly person

celicamaro happens to think that whenever we see an ugly person, we should not think they are ugly, bc someone, somewhere thinks different....

well con-f'n-gratulations for them.

in this case, with this honda, no one thinks it looks good. not on mb forum, or honda accord forum.... so explain that

saying he did lots of work and congratulating him on that is not the same thing as thinking the car looks good. in this case, NO ONE has said the car doesnt look bad except for you

so you are that one person who thinks that really ugly "person" is good looking. you are the single one alone. that is why you get slammed. but not only do you not think that the car is not bad looking, but you think we shouldn't make fun of it bc it is....

that is where you are wrong. so you get slammed for not thinking like us, thats one thing. then you get slammed bc you tell us we shouldnt make fun of it... thats two

if instead of telling us what not to do, and you just say you dont think its that bad, none of this stuff woudl ever happen.

if your post had gone like this "man that car has a lot of work done. i don't actually think it looks that bad. looks like he spent lots of time and money doing it, props to him for doing that. i don't know if i would actually drive it, but he did a good job on modding that car"

then you will have people saying, no way man, that car is ugly.... but they wont be saying, wtf why are you telling me not to make fun of it

you talk to other members, they make fun of the car.... your little example there trying to say that's not how you are, is wrong. you are like that, you confront the members, and then they do it back to you. then it turns into this

when 1sicklex first posted, i didnt say, man you shouldnt be making fun of him, its his car, let him do what he wants.... and do you know why i didnt say that.... bc he can have his opinion, just as you can have yours. but you start turning it into telling us what we should and should not do....

besides the fact that the car looks like it has deep fryers in the back, and that the gaps between the doors are too wide, the car has pretty decent work done on it.

but as someone said in the accord forum "why spend 100k on car that in the end, still drives like a 94 honda accord"

Quick Reply: Take a Look at This Car . . .