Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Altima hybrid (new model will use in house hybrid tech)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 07:02 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whipimpin
Nissan can't even get their interiors to hold together for more than 90 days lately ... hell, even with my 2001 Sentra - I've been in the shop twice for a stupid headlight-assembly recall.

I can only imagine the amount of time people are going to spend in the shop when Nissan drops the Altima hybrid ... too early and yet, too late.

M.
Welcome to 3 years ago.
Old 06-18-05, 04:19 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Welcome to 3 years ago.
sorry, welcome to now...
altima's interior is still trash, so is the pathfinder armada, titan, 350z, etc
I went up to the dealer yesterday to talk to my two friends that work behind the counter... not impressed at all. My mother's 04 CRV has a higher quality interior than these vehicles.
the vehicles designed under Ghosn just havent had IT for a while... the newer interior of the G35 and M notwithstanding... that still leaves A LOT of cars... cant compare the Altima interior (or the Maxima for that matter) to the Camry or Accord... sorry

we're not talking about infiniti which has a VERY big improvement on interior quality... i still dont see it in the current nissan's YET... so dont act like its all better suddenly...

So far as celicamaro... he is prolly right about toyota pulling a fast one on honda... see the earlier post about Toyota getting the fuel cell stuff approved in Japan?
Old 06-18-05, 05:35 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Default Image fit?

How will first-gen hybrid technology fit with Nissan's performance image? I suppose they could try to calibrate the Toyota system...
Old 06-28-10, 06:39 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow Update

Currently, Nissan’s ‘green’ strategy is all about the all-electric LEAF. The Nissan LEAF has been stealing headlines away from the Prius, Chevrolet Volt and many other green cars and Nissan plans to keep the momentum going until the car starts being delivered in December. But what about Nissan’s hybrid lineup?

The only hybrid from Nissan right now is the Altima Hybrid and if you’re expecting something totally new for the 2011 model year… don’t. According to Green Car Advisor the 2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid will hit streets later this year and will still be sold in just nine states and will still be build using technology licensed from Toyota.

Reports suggest that come 2012, Nissan will debut a totally new Altima bringing its current 5-year architecture to its end. After that, a brand new Nissan Altima Hybrid will debut with a in-house produced hybrid system like the one coming up in the Infiniti M35 Hybrid sedan. The Altima Hybrid is also expected to be offered in all 50 states.
Old 06-28-10, 07:04 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bean
we're not talking about infiniti which has a VERY big improvement on interior quality... i still dont see it in the current nissan's YET... so dont act like its all better suddenly...

So far as celicamaro... he is prolly right about toyota pulling a fast one on honda... see the earlier post about Toyota getting the fuel cell stuff approved in Japan?
It is better. Not across the board, mind you, but the Maxima, Murano, 370Z, and even Rogue have interior quality as good as, if not class-leading, in their respective segments. The next Quest would appear to have outstanding interior quality, judging from the El Grand. Nissan has stepped up their interiors at a time when Toyota seems to have dumbed theirs down somewhat.
Old 06-28-10, 08:01 AM
LexFather

I actually had the opportunity to check it out here in GA. I was surprised to see two on a lot locally as GA is not one of the 8 states they were sold in new. Wife had no interest though.

Is the article saying it will use the system in the upcoming M35 hybrid?

Old 06-14-11, 12:30 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow 2012

After sifting through Nissan’s 2012 press information, we noticed 1 glaring omission: no Nissan Altima Hybrid. We have confirmed that the Altima Hybrid will be no more after the 2011 model year.

“Nissan has decided to focus on those models which will remain in Nissan’s lineup for the next model year,” said Josh Clifton, a Nissan communications manager.

The Altima Hybrid was Nissan’s 1st gas-electric hybrid, debuting in 2007. Built primarily around Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive technology, the Altima Hybrid was capable of achieving 33 mpg in combined EPA cycles.

Despite nationwide availability from competing hybrid midsize sedans like the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, the Altima Hybrid was sold only in a handful of states during its tenure: those that had adopted California’s stringent emission regulations, such as New York and Oregon.

Nissan will continue to sell down existing Altima Hybrid inventory in the meantime. Cars.com is currently listing more than 200 2011 models in the states where the model is sold.