Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM's new injection system on DOHC V6 engines ups power significantly

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05, 07:22 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default GM's new injection system on DOHC V6 engines ups power significantly

Motor Trend mag is reporting that GM is working on a new fuel system for their V6 DOHC engines that in the case of the 3.6L V6 used in the CTS, STS, LaCrosse, etc. is believed to add 50HP (to 305HP total).
Old 06-09-05, 07:54 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff... but sounds like direct injection to me =P Just shaping the injector outlet a little differently for better atomization =D
Old 06-09-05, 08:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for them to be finally joining the DI party. Hopefully this is gonna be one of the many steps they're taking to return to profit by actually improving their products.
Old 06-09-05, 11:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah, its Direct Injection. Its great to see Lexus finally competitive once again in the engine department. With rumored engines coming from BMW(turbocharged engine 330ti,335ti, etc), Nissan(VQ40 which I think is highly unlikely or more powerful VQ35), MB's new engine, and many others coming out, I cant wait to see how the new Lexus V6's holds up to the competitiion.

The only other automaker currently mass producing DI engines for the US is Audi. They have proven to add power, however, not so much fuel economy. Lexus on the other hand is producing powerful engines with outstanding fuel economy.

I'm looking forward to this new engine from GM. I had the opportunity to drive a CTS 3.6L, and it really is a great engine. I give them much credit.