Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mrs. Trumps new ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 11:59 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

his wife is hot
Old 06-10-05, 12:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
his wife is hot
Well...she better be worth it. He's probably paying out a whole s - -tload of cash to his former wives in alimony. I know he has had at least two women in his former life....Ivana Trump and Marla Maples...possibly more.
Old 06-10-05, 12:24 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

According to the local papers he most likely bought the car for himself for turning 59 on Tuesday, and paid $465,000 + taxes.

Too bad for that much money it doesn't come with better looking wheels.

In the paper it's mentioned that the Esquire magazine named this car, "greatest car ever built"

Ed
Old 06-10-05, 12:28 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

WoW
Old 06-10-05, 12:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
In the paper it's mentioned that the Esquire magazine named this car, "greatest car ever built"

Ed
Well....in all honesty it IS a great car if you overlook the almost inevitable M-B electronic glitches and lack-of-feel brakes. M-B produces a car with a tanklike body and frame and crash resistance second to none....and here is one of the most expensive M-B products ever built. Trump obviously wanted her to have a car she would not only have fun with but would protect her better than just about anything short of an armor-plated limo.
Old 06-10-05, 01:52 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well....in all honesty it IS a great car if you overlook the almost inevitable M-B electronic glitches and lack-of-feel brakes. M-B produces a car with a tanklike body and frame and crash resistance second to none....and here is one of the most expensive M-B products ever built. Trump obviously wanted her to have a car she would not only have fun with but would protect her better than just about anything short of an armor-plated limo.
Agreed 100%!

MB does in fact build tanklike bodies and frames. My car before the GS400 was a 96 E320 and it was as solid as you can get. The doors closed with a solid and heavy "thunk" that my GS does not have (even though the GS is also very strong and is very well put together).

One of my relatives in a 94 C280 crashed his car speeding stupidly (he was doing over 120 MPH) on a 60 MPH highway) and he lost control of the car going over a rut in the highway and the car spun around and crashed straight head on into the concrete center median, then slid on its wheels going sideways parallel to the median with the front scraping the median for a short distance and then spun some more and slid off the highway.

All this while there were tractor trailers bearing down on him while the car was spinning around in the middle of the busy 401 highway. Luckily for him the car slid off the road before any of the tractor trailers squashed the car into metal scrap.

Needless to say the car was a complete write off- but he and the 4 other lucky passengers in the car walked out of the car by themselves!!! Can you believe that?

The car was so badly damaged, you could see how the engine had been pushed back and upwards not intruding into the passenger compartment and the transmission and drive shaft were pushed downwards to the ground. It was a classic case of how well MB cars are engineered and designed to protect their occupants in high speed crashes.

To this day, (5 years later), he counts his lucky stars that God wanted him to live and he never ever speeds.

I was actually going to buy that car off him a couple of months later (it had the AMG body package and wheels on it). . I was very sad to see it wrecked. I ended up buying the 96 E320 a year later.

Last edited by Hameed; 06-10-05 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-10-05, 02:07 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

psssssssssssssssh, we all know Trump is poor.

- Nizhu
Old 06-10-05, 02:36 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

I dont doubt the advantages of owning any type of Benz. I made my comment because the quoted comment came from Esquire magazine.
Old 06-10-05, 03:28 PM
Ku@
Pole Position

Default dang super baller

Originally Posted by magneto112

Pictured here is Mr. Donald Trump taking delivery of a brand new Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren in front of Trump tower.

With a big red bow on top of the SLR and Melania next to Trump (I know you can't actually see her, thanks to the security personnel blocking the shot -- but Adcomhabib confirms that is indeed Mrs. Trump, adding "she's actually really pretty in real life"). One can't help but wonder what the occasion is:

Wedding anniversary? Unlikely -- the two have only been married for less than 6 months and 1st anniversary is supposed to be paper, but then again, this is Trump we are talking about here.

Late Birthday present? Melania turned 35 on May 6th, so it's possible this is one of those "Oh ****, I forgot her birthday, better get her an SLR" moments...
A "I'm sorry babe, she didn't mean anything to me and she's been FIRED" gift?
Who knows, it could just be a random showing of affection from Trump...wouldn't you do the same if you were a 59 year old real estate mogul whom just married a 35 year old Slovenian model? ... at least I don't have a comb-over.

http://autowonder.blogspot.com/2005/...-new-ride.html
dang super baller
Old 06-10-05, 08:49 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I'd still rather have something else that looks better & drive at least as good or better for that $$$
Like the White Bently parked right in front of it...
Old 06-10-05, 10:16 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
Arange Red Lable. 6. someting Twin turbo... Lambswool carpet, picknic tables... Man Youve gotta sit in one just for the experience.
Old 06-11-05, 07:50 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
I was gonna say...look what's parked in front of the benzito.
Old 06-11-05, 08:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by devious23
i bet he got it for free. the rich ones always find ways on not paying. probably does an apperance to the dealership as part of the agreement.
You sound very jealous. If he has such an agreement then it's not free.

Any dealer would LOVE the publicity from him appearing - it's worth something to them.

Transactions or value exchange isn't always about currency.
Old 06-11-05, 10:52 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

SLR is too ugly. If I want a super car, I wouldn't pick Mercedes-Benz.
Old 06-11-05, 11:07 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

My dad's in with donald trump, and has frequent meetings with him, I've heard he cusses like a sailor, and that he doesn't know how to use a computer much less own one! sad..

Quick Reply: Mrs. Trumps new ride!!!