Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

question????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 03:07 PM
Premiersf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question????

Ok,

It might be no secret that I own a samll luxury car dealership in South Dakota, I have found some intresting facts out about my market and it raises a intresting question, and I wonder if anybody here has any advice??

Ok,

Over the last year and half we have had a number of Lexus models all newer then 1999, everything from SC400 to LS430's...We have carried a number of Jaguar models mostly S-type's...My question is, we have had, almost double the traffic on Lexus, but have sold almost double the Jaguar and have almost half less traffic on the jags....It's strange...Our Lexuses have been better cars, and are better cars in genral, its not that we have been swicthing buyers to Jaguar, it just seems strange that the Jags sell more, yet there are more people looking and wanting Lexus....

So has anybody else out there expericned something simmilar with there products, if so what was the issue, and did u do to sovle it!!!I would much rather sell Lexus....I mean is there any Indepneants out there that specialize in Lexus like are Jaguar, Lamborghini, or BMW?

Any help would be great

Thank you!
Old 06-10-05, 03:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Premiersf
Ok,

It might be no secret that I own a samll luxury car dealership in South Dakota, I have found some intresting facts out about my market and it raises a intresting question, and I wonder if anybody here has any advice??

Ok,

Over the last year and half we have had a number of Lexus models all newer then 1999, everything from SC400 to LS430's...We have carried a number of Jaguar models mostly S-type's...My question is, we have had, almost double the traffic on Lexus, but have sold almost double the Jaguar and have almost half less traffic on the jags....It's strange...Our Lexuses have been better cars, and are better cars in genral, its not that we have been swicthing buyers to Jaguar, it just seems strange that the Jags sell more, yet there are more people looking and wanting Lexus....

So has anybody else out there expericned something simmilar with there products, if so what was the issue, and did u do to sovle it!!!I would much rather sell Lexus....I mean is there any Indepneants out there that specialize in Lexus like are Jaguar, Lamborghini, or BMW?

Any help would be great

Thank you!

Are your salemen pushing the Jag or Lex? Do they know as much about the Lex as the Jag? Its possible that in your area, Jaguar has the higher prestige than Lexus and people are buying the Jags. Perception and image count tons, and it sounds like Jag holds in edge where you are at.

Are the prices competative? What models?

Old 06-10-05, 04:07 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that people go to major dealerships and look for cars others traded in for the Lexus. I bet that you were selling them much cheaper then the Jaguar dealers and they were in good condition. Besides Jaguar is always going to be thought of as a good luxury car so this might also cause it.
Old 06-10-05, 06:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I think the answer is just simple priorities. People who want the utmost in overall quality will buy the Lexus. People who want a seductive interior and beautiful styling will buy the Jag.

Then you've got the third type........the ones who go out and buy M-B products and Chris Bangle's cars just because the've been doing it for the last 20 years and can't bring themselves to switch.