Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What constitutes VIP???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 09:46 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What constitutes VIP???

Now I'm also on VIPstylecars.com and other forums... but really unless a car is straight up VIP or straight up Tuner.... I get confused in the grey.... I ask because a couple of the guys from my office call my car VIP which IMHO, I dont consider it VIP although I love the compliment. For me VIP is probably more Amistad, Fabulous, JP.... etc etc.... very rare exclusive parts from Japan put on for a very clear definitive classy look.

although I like the way my car looks I dont think I'd describe it that way..... can VIP be aggressive? or is it just a brand? and if I one gets a CF hood would they still be considered VIP? I dont like restrictions and common molds but in this case I think VIP has a very clear mold of what VIP stands for.... except what about the in betweens????

PS I've searched.... ppl always comment on VIP and mention brands... but really what really makes a car VIP??? i
Old 06-10-05, 10:45 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

It really depends on what you are going for. Junction makes CF kits for the GS and LS and those cars are still considered VIP. I consider VIP more of a lifestyle and as you stated "high end JDM parts"

What comes to my mind with VIP? Wide lip wheels, streched tires, aggresive offsets, air suspension, etc.
Old 06-11-05, 04:23 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been discussed at length before. Some people say that unless you have a VIP chassis (LS, GS, Q45, etc), then you cannot constitute your car as a VIP ride, REGARDLESS of what kind of styling you have on it.

You can run the widest biggest baddest lipped wheel on your Nissan S15, but your car would still never be a VIP...

For me, it's more of a lifestyle and the kind of "message" that your car exudes. You know when a VIP ride drives past you and you go oooo....that's slick....
Old 06-11-05, 06:05 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as long as your going for a low and wide look with the GS, you cant help but be VIP. There are little things that bring this style out more though, such as wheels, wheel fittment, and interior.

BTW- the whole VIP chassis thing that Jtanoyo brings up is the theory I follow- shoot- it came from {-.-} (Robert)- the head of a pretty sick VIPcar club in Japan.
Old 06-11-05, 03:00 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UptownGS
Now I'm also on VIPstylecars.com and other forums... but really unless a car is straight up VIP or straight up Tuner.... I get confused in the grey.... I ask because a couple of the guys from my office call my car VIP which IMHO, I dont consider it VIP although I love the compliment. For me VIP is probably more Amistad, Fabulous, JP.... etc etc.... very rare exclusive parts from Japan put on for a very clear definitive classy look.

although I like the way my car looks I dont think I'd describe it that way..... can VIP be aggressive? or is it just a brand? and if I one gets a CF hood would they still be considered VIP? I dont like restrictions and common molds but in this case I think VIP has a very clear mold of what VIP stands for.... except what about the in betweens????

PS I've searched.... ppl always comment on VIP and mention brands... but really what really makes a car VIP??? i

Generally speaking: aggressive body kit + extremely low down + big lip wheels.

Yah, Amistad, JP, Fabulous are typical VIP parts suppliers.

I don't know what mods you did to you car, but from the front, your car is lowered with an aggressive chin, so VIP from front for sure

Show more pictures, man, let's VOTE
Old 06-11-05, 08:30 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

V I P = a lot of this $$$$$$$ That's V I P
Old 06-11-05, 09:19 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
V I P = a lot of this $$$$$$$ That's V I P

kind of agree
Old 06-11-05, 10:13 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never understood the whole VIP thing. First I though it was just trying to give your car attributes of a limo, then when I saw the interior had not much to do with it, I though it was just supposed to be a lowered luxury car with expensive rims with a nice, but not too noticeable kit. The more expensive the better, even if it isn't much different than the stock pieces. That's what seems to be VIP. I dunno..

Still not sure.........
Old 06-11-05, 10:20 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

big cars, be stand out, be as luxury as possible, rolling with big wheels and rides low! I read JP maganizes and VIP in Japan is for gangster and rich people and they consider themself as HIGH SOCIETY... well, you get the idea...
anyone agree?
Old 06-12-05, 01:10 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do a search VIPstylecars.com....its been discussed at length.
Old 06-12-05, 01:58 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Default Vip

Originally Posted by blacksc400
big cars, be stand out, be as luxury as possible, rolling with big wheels and rides low! I read JP maganizes and VIP in Japan is for gangster and rich people and they consider themself as HIGH SOCIETY... well, you get the idea...
anyone agree?
I agree!
Attached Thumbnails What constitutes VIP???-valenzaaristo_edit.jpeg  
Old 06-12-05, 01:27 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

hmm, this car reminds me something!
Old 06-12-05, 05:54 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

DEFINITION

What is VIP? European, Japanese or American automobiles which are recognized as luxury vehicles.

VIP- The ultimate VIP vehicle can be defined by the perfect synthesis of form and function. Established and respected European/Japanese tuning firms provide the components that ultimately help create a VIP style vehicle. Often these parts are rather difficult and expensive to obtain. The latest in technology and materials are used to ensure the vehicle is on the leading edge of tuning. Cost is often a secondary concern to quality. There are no short cuts taken on a VIP vehicle. From the exterior to the interior, modifications are completed that extend beyond the simple bolt-ons. Attention to detail is paramount among those serious about VIP tuning. Flawless workmanship and custom styling cues are the rule, not the exception. Whether a VIP vehicle is parked on the streets of LA, Miami or NYC, there is no mistaking the sleek, upscale style. VIP tuning is universally recognized by the high-end look and feel.

Japanese VIP Tuning

If you don't know what Japanese VIP tuning is, it's pretty simple. In Japan, there is a long list of big luxury cars available to the market. From the Nissan Cima to the Toyota Aristo, these cars are upgraded by way of fancy body kits, huge expensive rims, air suspension, insane sound systems, etc.

Some of the cars that are popular with VIP tuning in Japan are the Crowns, Aristos, Majestas, Celsiors, and Cimas. There is a long list of models with each having a healthy following. Body kits are a major part of the tuning process. Normally VIP saloons are outfitted with widebody kits and huge sidesteps that makes the car look like it's an inch off the ground. It may sound surprising but huge double decked, GTR, and supra wings are not the norm when it comes to Japanese VIP tuning. What is popular though is the whale tail. Small lip spoilers that have been molded to the trunk are also very popular but the whale tails definitely attract the most attention.

One of the craziest aspects of the tuning they do is to the mufflers. Wild mufflers are definitely a big part of the VIP style. You'll see single mufflers that are pretty average and singles that seem to stick out 2 feet from the car and curve upwards.

The interiors of the cars are highly modified too. Full leather interiors, wood and carbon fiber dash kits, electronic suspension controlling systems, expensive floor mats, navigation systems, insane sound systems, and expensive steering wheels are just some of the modifications made. They will also have lots of neon and black lighting on the inside.

The stereo systems are also a major factor when it comes to VIP tuning. They go all out with amazing systems. Expensive CD / navigation head units and the biggest subs that can fit in their cars along with everything else needed to have an awesome system are installed. Pretty much all of the cars will also have TV screens too.

The most popular platforms for Japanese VIP tuning include Lexus or Infinity.

European VIP Tuning

European VIP tuning emphasizes modification of the vehicle in an upscale fashion. The mixture of performance and aesthetic customization of the vehicle does not compromise its overall luxury.

Exterior modification is usually the combination of adding aerodynamic components from respected European tuners, along with some creative custom individualization. Molding of bodywork is popular among this crowd to create a seamless, integrated look. The wheels on these European VIP automobiles are usually multi-piece and not smaller than 19 inches. Often, these wheels are built with custom offsets to achieve a dramatic wheel lip, while allowing for upgraded brake caliper clearance.

The interior of a European VIP vehicle is adorned with the latest in technology and materials. Carbon fiber, alcantara and leather combine to create a driver/passenger environment that is luxurious yet sporty. Complete in-car entertainment systems are carefully integrated and installed with an attention to quality over quantity.

Performance modifications from exhaust and intake to forced induction of normally aspirated engines are common. The key is an installation that can pass as being originally equipped from the factory. Upgraded suspension and brake systems are installed to complete the overall performance package.

The most popular platforms for European VIP tuning include Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz automobiles. Competition is intense among this elite segment. The cars that consistently win have a cohesive overall theme that is evident in each judging criteria. The careful attention to detail distinguishes the winners in European VIP tuning.

Defined according to NCCA Competition Regulations

Cars eligible for VIP classification include the following brands and respective models:

Audi - A6, A8, all S models

BMW - 5, 6, 7, all M models

Mercedes Benz - CLK, CLS, E, S, SL, all AMG models

Lexus - GS400, LS 400, SC400

Infiniti - I, M, Q models

Volkswagen - Phaeton

Exotics - Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche models

Cadillac – CTS-V, Deville, STS, XLR

Chrysler - 300M

Lincoln - LS

What signifies VIP versus HIN classification?

A competition vehicle which is styled to either Japanese or European VIP specifications as stated in the above description (See pages 1 and 2). If your vehicle is not VIP style, you will be placed in the HIN section of the show for competition.
Old 06-12-05, 07:33 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Your pretty smart
Old 06-12-05, 08:56 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

Defined according to NCCA Competition Regulations

Cars eligible for VIP classification include the following brands and respective models:

Audi - A6, A8, all S models

BMW - 5, 6, 7, all M models

Mercedes Benz - CLK, CLS, E, S, SL, all AMG models

Lexus - GS400, LS 400, SC400

Infiniti - I, M, Q models

Volkswagen - Phaeton

Exotics - Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche models

Cadillac – CTS-V, Deville, STS, XLR

Chrysler - 300M

Lincoln - LS

What signifies VIP versus HIN classification?

A competition vehicle which is styled to either Japanese or European VIP specifications as stated in the above description (See pages 1 and 2). If your vehicle is not VIP style, you will be placed in the HIN section of the show for competition.
damn so you mean that my Rolls Royce Phantomn wouldn't be considered VIP?

Quick Reply: What constitutes VIP???