Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM Announces Pricing On 2006 Z06!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 09:09 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bout time to trade up. unfortunately, they will all sell for far more than that. but ill wait the 1st year out. gotta have it......
Old 06-13-05, 09:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrRick
bout time to trade up. unfortunately, they will all sell for far more than that. but ill wait the 1st year out. gotta have it......

Old 06-13-05, 10:28 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...pick up one of these for a track only car. Chevy...now I'm impressed!
Old 06-14-05, 08:43 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GM
The Z06 will be offered in Machine Silver Metallic, Victory Red, Daytona Sunset Orange, Le Mans Blue Metallic, Velocity Yellow Tintcoat and Black exterior colors.
Mmmmmmmm... I'm thinking Machine Silver Metallic (which was displayed at the Dallas Auto Show) w/ Black Interior.
And a nice set of 5-Spoke, Forged, multi-piece, Chrome and staggered!

AVUS comes to mind...

Old 06-14-05, 09:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W
. . .The Z06 will be offered in Machine Silver Metallic, Victory Red, Daytona Sunset Orange, Le Mans Blue Metallic, Velocity Yellow tintcoat and Black exterior colors.
Red or Yellow are DA BOMB !!
Old 06-14-05, 09:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Hot dog that is a great price. Incredible, they will sell every last one they can build.
I think you're right. Even if gas prices go up substantially, those who can afford to buy this car will probably be able to feed and insure it...but neither will be cheap.
Old 06-14-05, 12:42 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if they will sell this one outside of the US too.
Old 06-14-05, 01:31 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

its funny how everyone is excited about teh $65k pricetag on most forums. however, on the corvette forums, a lot of people are complaining that its too high
Old 06-14-05, 02:02 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
its funny how everyone is excited about teh $65k pricetag on most forums. however, on the corvette forums, a lot of people are complaining that its too high
I think the old ZR-1 was 65k and this car and that one are no comparison.

Old 06-14-05, 03:13 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ

That is odd.... But oh well... It's high enough to keep certain "boy racers" out of the market but reasonable enough to be obtainable.

My business partner has a black/black auto and my neighbor has the Sunset Orange manual. I've driven them both, and they are nothing like the C5 in fit and finish... inside and out. GM definitely stepped up the overall quality of their flagship sports car. Long term testing will be interesting...
Old 06-14-05, 03:29 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

This car is gonna be one AWESOME ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-05, 04:32 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

According to this scan, the ZR1 package alone was over $30k. I remember it always being a problem that it was too expensive, mostly because of the 4 cam engine.

James
Old 06-14-05, 04:41 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

$65K-$70K for a Chevy is as ridiculous as what Caddy expected to get for some of their V models. I honestly can't believe the mindless praise for this vehicle, and especially at that price!

If you want to go fast from 0-60, buy a freakin' Civic and mod the hell out of it. You'll smoke any Corvette and have cash to spare. Not to mention it will be more reliable and last longer and be more comfortable and you'll get better customer service, etc., etc...

IMO, it would be a rip-off at $50K. At this price, it's merely laughable.
Old 06-14-05, 04:57 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A fully loaded ZO6 will cost $74,875 before taxes. That is getting awefully close to BMW M5 abd M6 prices. I'm a fan of the Corvette performance, but pesonally I'm thinking a one year old M5 or M6 at around the same price is starting to look at lot more attractive. The C5 ZO6 was a bargin when you could get it for $50-$55K, At nearly $75K it still has bang for the buck, but it is no longer a bargin. That is an aweful lot of money. With people so worked up about prestige around here, Porsches 911, M5, M6 E class AMG cars all start to look like viable options.
Old 06-14-05, 05:03 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Hmm, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you here.

The Z06, along with other special edition Vettes (L88, ZR1, Gran Sport etc) have all been performance oriented, limited edition, pure muscle cars. The ZR1 caught a lot of ridicule back in the early 90s for being way too expensive but still remained as one of the baddest rides one could get. This Z06, while being over what most would want to spend on a Corvette, is just amazing at its price. Do you ridicule the Viper for being over $80 or a Porsche Turbo for being able to touch $140k? This car, while lacking some basic refinement found in the Porsche is HALF THE PRICE and even or slightly ahead of it in performance.

For people like my father who love American V8s and are infatuated with the history of the Corvette will want one of these cars and most likely jump on them in the next 2 years or so. I predict they will sell every one that they can build.

On the Civic comments, a FWD economy car will never be able to compete with this Z06 in all of the aspects that the Z06 excels in. With its frame made of aluminum, carbon fiber fenders, floors, etc, 6 caliper front and 4 caliper rear brakes, and magnesium roof and engine basket, this lightweight, high power, free reving demon will not only whip on the drag strip (expect high-mid 11s stock with traps up to 127, yes ONE HUNDRED TWENTY SEVEN mph), but it will also be set for auto X right out of the box. If one is worried about creature comforts, fear not. It has options for side airbags, HIDs, Nav, and I even believe heated seats. I don't see any flaw in this vehicle considering it comes with a warranty and as equipped as it is right from the factory.

James

Quick Reply: GM Announces Pricing On 2006 Z06!!!