Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anti-Lexus Propaganda from Mercedes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05 | 11:56 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
With all due respect, Celicamaro, jet864 is very much a player. He has been on this forum for a long time, has thousands of posts, and, like me, sends much of his spare time following the auto market. If I wanted advice on a car or someone's recommendation on it he would be one of the first people I would ask......along with 1SICKLEX and maybe Amethy SC.
I was referring to picking up chicks when I said "player". I don't doubt Jet has trumendest knowledge of automobiles.
Old 06-15-05 | 12:02 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Celica, you in a bad mood today? Certainly a strange mood. Pushing buttons!
What gives?

We know you are a Toyota/Lexus guy!
I'm allright, I think certain members are misunderstanding me. I'm still a hardcore Toyota/lex dude, but I'm honest enough to admit their shortcomings. I think that's what I was doing. It's not always a popular thing to do however.
Old 06-15-05 | 09:04 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Look man, I have nothing to prove to you and if I'm not the "miggidy mack" like you, how is that an angle to put me down on? I'm an 18 year old student and focus on just that, school! I come on here to chat about cars, kick it with the CL guys but again, we're not all like you. I leave the Benzes to my mom and for the girls, well I've got a good girlfriend, no need for the pimp status "playa".

Back to the topic please.

James
Old 06-15-05 | 09:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
When you're a player like me(which you ain't) you don't want have to sit there and justify why you bought a lexus and not a Merc or a bimmer. I already know that the smart moneys on the lex(I hope you know that I know that), but Lex makes life very impractical to someone like me. I need to shut people up right away so I can go about my business. The Merc will do that for me. It doesn't matter if I actually like the Merc or not, it serves my purpose the best(after the Modena of course). So lets hold off on the name calling, you wouldn't want NEO jumping in here to bust me up for hurting your feelings.
Well "player" I've had a Lexus since I was 18. Not once has that happened to me. Not once. Lexus commands respect, clearly not in the upper luxury level but to the genral public, oh its there. If u seach, you will see, I have pics of chicks in front of my ES and the ol GS. I will say I have gotten the "camry" comment for the ES from a guy or 2 before, but never a girl.

On the other hand, my friends with (sedans) Lincolns, or Acuras, Infinitis, Cadillacs etc, we'll they get a little red in the face when ladies ignore them when they pull up or they get asked "what is that" or "is that a Lexus" which happens more often than you think.

And on the same spectrum as Lexus, it could be a friend with a new 745 or a 1996 320 sedan. All they see is BMW. I have noticed with Benz, the C-class doesn't get much play at all and the first comment is "that is not a real Benz". U don't want to get into the hatchback thingie. But the rest of the lineup, people and woman drool over it. MERCEDES-BENZ.

Rarely do I get a AMG or M comment from a lady, "M" IMO is more recognized but nothing huge.

I do like the fact u said you want your car to SPEAK for you and I feel the same way. Lexus has always done that for me.
Old 06-15-05 | 11:32 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-05 | 12:20 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jet864
Look man, I have nothing to prove to you and if I'm not the "miggidy mack" like you, how is that an angle to put me down on? I'm an 18 year old student and focus on just that, school! I come on here to chat about cars, kick it with the CL guys but again, we're not all like you. I leave the Benzes to my mom and for the girls, well I've got a good girlfriend, no need for the pimp status "playa".

Back to the topic please.

James
Dude, if you've got nothing to prove, then chill out. I'm not puttin you down, it's YOU that's putting me down with the name calling. You don't have to bring your parents, your age and your girlfriend in to justify your lifestlyle, I really don't care. A player like me needs to prove himself. That's why a Benz is my choice. Why you having problem with that? You don't want or like to be a player, that's fine, some people prefer to be played. If that's you, more power to you. I just don't understand why you keep looking for ways to take offense at my opinion on the subject at hand just cuz I don't share your lifestyle or views. You have the right to take offense and not agree with me, but name calling is not good for the thread.
Old 06-16-05 | 01:09 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Celicamaro,

According to your profile, you own a '93 SC. Is this true? If so, it goes against everything you've said in this thread.

What do you own and drive out of curiousity?

Also, we have no problem hearing other's views and some of what you said may be true in a sense but are mostly subjective (styling, ect.). You like to point out Lexus' shortcomings but Benz and BMW's have more downfalls than Lexus. This is why Lexus wins more comparos without even factoring in the far higher quality.

Old 06-16-05 | 01:11 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I do like the fact u said you want your car to SPEAK for you and I feel the same way. Lexus has always done that for me.
So very true, my modded GS 430 gets tons of compliments and tons of looks; many times I get extra special valet treatment w/o even asking . I can only imagine what some of the more "pimp" ones around here get if this is the way mine is treated!
Old 06-16-05 | 01:19 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well "player" I've had a Lexus since I was 18. Not once has that happened to me. Not once. Lexus commands respect, clearly not in the upper luxury level but to the genral public, oh its there. If u seach, you will see, I have pics of chicks in front of my ES and the ol GS. I will say I have gotten the "camry" comment for the ES from a guy or 2 before, but never a girl.

On the other hand, my friends with (sedans) Lincolns, or Acuras, Infinitis, Cadillacs etc, we'll they get a little red in the face when ladies ignore them when they pull up or they get asked "what is that" or "is that a Lexus" which happens more often than you think.

And on the same spectrum as Lexus, it could be a friend with a new 745 or a 1996 320 sedan. All they see is BMW. I have noticed with Benz, the C-class doesn't get much play at all and the first comment is "that is not a real Benz". U don't want to get into the hatchback thingie. But the rest of the lineup, people and woman drool over it. MERCEDES-BENZ.

Rarely do I get a AMG or M comment from a lady, "M" IMO is more recognized but nothing huge.

I'll share some of my experience with my used junky SC400 with a tranny problem. With that Lex, I didn't get no girls at all, I got alot of older guys admiration however. Many over the hill chicks also dig it, but I don't count those.

I agree, people do like Lexus and no ones realy putting it down. People think you're smart for choosing a great ride, I already know I'm smart, so I don't crave those kinds of compliments. I want hot chicks to think I'm rich so I can get some booties, that's more important to me. You're right, the C-class doesn't quite do it, even chicks know it ain't a real merc until it's the E-class and up. Beats being seem in a mustang tho.

All the people that admires my SC don't break their necks to stare at my ride like the Honda guys do when I roll by in the modified Mr2. These folks tend to be older and usually wait til you past them, then they secretly eyeballs your ride without moving their heads. You can see the expression in their face that says "I wish I had one of those". I've caught them many times and they end up all embarassed. My cousin does the same thing, he says he doesn't want people to know he's staring cuz he thinks the owners will develop an attitude.

Personally, I will turn my head like a goose to check out someone whose ride that impresses me. I'll let them know they got my thumbs up. I don't get an attitude from driving a luxury brand name car. It's just a car to me, 90% of the times it's boring as heck, it's just a way to get what I need. I don't care to act like I'm superior to anyone like some first time Lex and Mercs and high powered Supras drivers do. Some fo my friends like to put up an attitude, but their girlfriends usually ride shotgun, so all they can do is put up a front so people don't think they're whooped.
Old 06-16-05 | 01:47 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Well that "junky" old Lex is 12 years old and most likely looks like it.

My junky old Lex is even older at 13 and trust me, it gets all kinds of looks. From everyone.

Different strokes for different folks. That's all it comes down to.

Last edited by CleanSC; 06-16-05 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-16-05 | 02:00 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Celicamaro,

According to your profile, you own a '93 SC. Is this true? If so, it goes against everything you've said in this thread.

What do you own and drive out of curiousity?

Also, we have no problem hearing other's views and some of what you said may be true in a sense but are mostly subjective (styling, ect.). You like to point out Lexus' shortcomings but Benz and BMW's have more downfalls than Lexus. This is why Lexus wins more comparos without even factoring in the far higher quality.

I hope you've noticed I also point out Mercs and Bimmers short coming too. I'd like to think I'm fair(except when it comes to sportscars, I tend to favor them). I'm not understanding how my post here contradicts the SC. I've pointed out the good points and bad points of both Lexus and Merc here and how each fits my lifestlye. It's not for everyone. I don't own a Merc currently, I really like the new SLK AMG.

Stylng is subfective, that's what I'm trying to tell Jet not to get all upset and call me names over it.