Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dub Miami 2005 Car show pics (56k stay away or be patient)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-05, 07:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Some are nice but most have rims I didn't even know they could sell to people as they are pretty damn ugly.
The exotics & the 6 series are nice . . .
Old 06-16-05, 11:17 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the only show worthy thing here is the Alpine X5, other than that, this is got to be the boringest show I've ever seen. Then again, we're only seeing this from one dudes perspective rather than what is actually all there. I'm sure y'all would see more Civics and Integra on dubs if I was taking the picts.

I'm surprise that dark blu GS got a couple of pretty big trophies, must've been for the stereo, cuz the stylin ain't no different than all the others.
Old 06-16-05, 11:33 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
About the only show worthy thing here is the Alpine X5, other than that, this is got to be the boringest show I've ever seen. Then again, we're only seeing this from one dudes perspective rather than what is actually all there. I'm sure y'all would see more Civics and Integra on dubs if I was taking the picts.

I'm surprise that dark blu GS got a couple of pretty big trophies, must've been for the stereo, cuz the stylin ain't no different than all the others.
That is your opinion, the blue GS has alot of mods but they are all integrated and flow with the car. For instance the entire interior has been gutted (seats, carpet, door panels, dashboard, steering wheel, everything) and replaced with a new scheme (not recovered or sprayed, but REPLACED). The thing is, he didnt replace it with yellow suede and pink ostrich so maybe its too subtle for some.

There were some Civics there with 20s but honestly, the same way you dont care about tastefully modded luxury and exotic vehicles (ie, calling Aston Martins, and Murcielago's boring), no one around these parts really is interested in Civics on DUBS. Different strokes, different folks.
Old 06-16-05, 12:00 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
That is your opinion, the blue GS has alot of mods but they are all integrated and flow with the car. For instance the entire interior has been gutted (seats, carpet, door panels, dashboard, steering wheel, everything) and replaced with a new scheme (not recovered or sprayed, but REPLACED). The thing is, he didnt replace it with yellow suede and pink ostrich so maybe its too subtle for some.

There were some Civics there with 20s but honestly, the same way you dont care about tastefully modded luxury and exotic vehicles (ie, calling Aston Martins, and Murcielago's boring), no one around these parts really is interested in Civics on DUBS. Different strokes, different folks.
It's not a knock on you, those are some great picts and thanks for posting them. Personally an Astin martin or Murcielago with dubs on the street would be tight, but at a show, they're all the same to me. Who made the vehicle or how expensive it was new does not garner any extra points to me. It's all about the owners style that makes it unique. I just didn't see much creativity here at all. Majority are just big rims, many aren't even dropped. I'm sure the interior is another story, that's probably why the dark blu GS won those trophies.
Old 06-16-05, 01:14 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
why does this G have an "H" on the front grill? or is it a honda with a really clean conversion?
It isnt an H. The G35 has the full kenstyle kit on the car and that thing in the grille is kenstyle's emblem.
Old 06-16-05, 01:16 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

i really like that blue GS. Very clean looking
Old 06-16-05, 01:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
It's not a knock on you, those are some great picts and thanks for posting them. Personally an Astin martin or Murcielago with dubs on the street would be tight, but at a show, they're all the same to me. Who made the vehicle or how expensive it was new does not garner any extra points to me. It's all about the owners style that makes it unique. I just didn't see much creativity here at all. Majority are just big rims, many aren't even dropped. I'm sure the interior is another story, that's probably why the dark blu GS won those trophies.

yeah I hear you, no props for buying a car and slapping big wheels on it (I agree). The blue Murciealgo was just priceless though such mean lips and I think it had exhaust as well. There was a few 745's / with full aero, lowering, exhaust, ICE etc etc too. Then the other Lexus cars (like the 2 other GSs) that were also modded to the gills (wheels, suspesion, aero, ICE, forced induction, the works)
Old 06-16-05, 02:11 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

I love to see dropped, Twin or quad turboed Murceilagos with 22" for show and 20" for street and possibly a wing like the old Diablo, now that would be tight. If someone can afford a Lambo, I don't see money for major mods as an issue. That''ll be the rich guys version of what those Honda guys are doing to their Civics.
Old 06-17-05, 07:01 AM
Milla...

My favorite was the black lambo and the Bently GT.
Old 06-17-05, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice pics d, some cars are very nice though some of them are like wtf....
Old 06-17-05, 02:38 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
All are nice except the 1st lambo and the impala
Monte Carlo you mean?
And yea that thing is disgust....
H2T gross...
Old 06-18-05, 06:21 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Boy you havent seen his car then or takent he time to read about it, he has custom bbk, JDM wheels, compelte bodykit, suspension etc etc. Ah it isnt even worth it to try to explain.

The cars sure do look sick and you know what I never thought I 'd say is that the Jeep COmmando I thin kit is is siiiiiicccckkkk.
Old 06-18-05, 07:11 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I.... puts flame suit on*

I cant stand this whole dub thing... honestly I think a lot of great cars were totally destroyed by this whole dub concept, not a fan definitively not a fan. I start thinking to myself what is the difference between this whole dub thing and the guy that slaps assorted tacky body kit and a gigantic wing down the street? Is it one is.. more money then the other there for more "prestigious?"

What a way to destroy what a car could do both functionality wise and aestitically wise, especially on the exotic cars designed for performance. A big whopping

Just my oppinion. Hope no one takes offense to it.