Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus want to raise it's customer service level

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-05, 08:06 AM
roguenode
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus want to raise it's customer service level

Not a lot of information in the link, but I think it 's interesting that while GM and VW seem to be going further into the customer satisfaction (and sales) dumpster, industry leader Lexus says it needs to improve it's service.

Lexus Raises Bar on Customer Satisfaction

Nice quote "A free espresso, an explanatory meeting in the service drive and a detailed car afterward was 'wow' back in 1994. But not today." -- Bob Carter, general manager, Lexus Division

Unfortunately, I do not have a login for the full article listed in the first web source of that link.
Old 06-16-05, 08:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Similar thread : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=seasons
Old 06-16-05, 08:22 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Based on my service experience they should take the entire service staff at Lexus of Sacramento and make them room cleaners at the Four Seasons hotels.
Old 06-16-05, 09:14 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Maybe improving the service experience could include Lexus corporate riding herd on dealers performing superfluous maintainence at $90/hr.............
Old 06-16-05, 11:22 AM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

As long as i dont get an Indian guy by the name of "Joe" when I call them, its all good.
Old 06-16-05, 11:36 AM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

How about simple oil changes that take less than the consistent ~2 hours while I wait???!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-05, 11:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
As long as i dont get an Indian guy by the name of "Joe" when I call them, its all good.
LOL gotta love outsourcing.
Old 06-16-05, 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gekko
How about simple oil changes that take less than the consistent ~2 hours while I wait???!!!!!!!
well i think when youget over 100 cars coming in early every day, you can't expect 30 mins oil change that easy

but i am very impressed. i don't go to dealerships for service very often, but the ones i go to are all pretty impressive
Old 06-16-05, 12:55 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Based on my service experience they should take the entire service staff at Lexus of Sacramento and make them room cleaners at the Four Seasons hotels.

I feel the same way about Lexus of Seattle. Screw the damn free chocolates, espresso, and car wash, i'm there to get my car fixed in a reasonable time and get on my way, if it's going to take you 4 hours to do an oil change then don't tell me 2 hours and then make a bunch of friggin excuses about it
Old 06-16-05, 01:31 PM
roguenode
Pole Position

Doh! I searched before posting, but obviously not enough.. or at least not with the right search terms.

As for specific dealer service, my first Lexus was from Tom Wood in Indianapolis. Great service throughout my entire ownership. When I got my GS, it was from Bredemann Lexus in Westmont, IL (Chicago burb) and they have been pretty good as well. My father picked up his CPO 01 LS430 from McGath Lexus of Chicago, the areas largest Lexus dealer. They have been contiually disappointing. It started just after the sale. They said a 2nd master key would be sent his way, never showed up. They said they'd upgrade the nav, they didn't. They were far from apologetic for each, basically saying they didn't promise either when I was there and heard the salesperson guarantee both. They also said they'd replace the driver's mat, which didn't happen either. Lexus nat'l customer service was brought in and eventualy the Peoria, IL dealer took care of him and he's been a happy customer of that dealer ever since.

Someone in our family buys a new or CPO Lexus every few years and McGath new that, yet they just didn't seem to care to keep us as happy customers. Their loss, but I was still very surprised to experience that from a Lexus dealer. To be honest, I actually expected Lexus customer service to work harder at fixing the issues with McGath, rather than having another dealer take care of my Dad's issues, but the other dealer was closer so I suppose the arguement was it would be more convenient.

I'm all for continuing to improve the already good service record of Lexus dealers in general. I just hope the recent quips from Toyota about possibly raising their US car prices to help GM doesn't also apply to Lexus, I'll be looking for another Lexus in a couple of years.